News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

HELLO Nebraska!

Started by Pitspitr, June 29, 2013, 12:07:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pitspitr

Where's everybody from?

I'm from Sargent (right in the center of the state)

Mike Nollett

I live in Lincoln, but I consider Cherry County my home.
"You'll never learn how to shoot, until you learn to shoot fundamentally"- Patrick McDonough

gibbs459

Boy this is a quiet thread...... We have seeders in Broken Bow, North Platte(me), Chapel, Belleview, Papillion, Gretna, Hastings, and Kearney Oh yah there is that Pitspitr guy in Sargent.   :P

Some are more active than others. Busy lives.

AFTERMATH

Minnesota!  But I saw Nebraska once! >:D
"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

"Tyrants rise and fall, but tyranny lasts forever." -Me

[What kind of megalomaniac quotes himself?]

Reddot

Born in Omaha, college in Kearney, living in Texas now.  Need to get back and see you guys.  Great range in Grand Island!

scuzzy

I'll chime in to say howdy since I did a shoot in Grand Island with Reddot once. I guess that means I'm an honorary (or is that onery) Nebraskan?

Anyhow hey Gibbs and Necede.

An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.

gibbs459

You want to join us this weekend Scuzzy! It's supposed to be 100f all weekend. Would make you feel right at home!

Reddot

Only a 100; wow, guess we could get our jackets out of mothballs....you guys have a great shoot; we're having one in a new venue in Waco, TX.  I know AlarmList, Scuzzy and I would all like to come back again--you run a great program in Nebraska.
Looking forward to seeing you again.
Chuck

scuzzy

Quote from: gibbs459 on July 12, 2013, 03:00:55 PM
You want to join us this weekend Scuzzy! It's supposed to be 100f all weekend. Would make you feel right at home!

Only 100? Guess y'all had a cold front blow in.

Heck it's so hot here that the Devil was recently seen in Dallas at the Ace Hardware buying air conditioners.

It's so hot that I saw a squirrel blowing on his nuts.

It's so hot today I saw two trees fighting over a dog.

I saw a fire hydrant chasing a dog.

Groan - OK - I'll stop now.
An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.

Necede

I'm that guy from Gretna that Gibbs mentioned. Scuzzy and Reddot, lt's good to here from you again. If you think 100 isn't bad I'm staying up here and enjoy that Chinook wind blowing down off the Pole.

Rich
Have gun. Will travel.

Pitspitr

Thanks for waking the sleeping thread Gibbs.

Any new riflemen this weekend? Sorry I couldn't help, I was busy hosting a match.  I shot fairly well yesterday but sucked Friday and Saturday. Lots of really strange mechanical problems. (anybody ever seen a slide stop on a 1911 work it's way out far enough to stop the slide in the middle of a string before?)

It was soo hot here I sunburned the top of my head through a felt hat! (seriously!) The only thing I can figure is that I took it off so often to wipe the sweat out of my eyes that it had time to get sunburned.

Mike Nollett

Yes Pitspitr we did make a new rifleman this weekend. A good time was had by all.
"You'll never learn how to shoot, until you learn to shoot fundamentally"- Patrick McDonough

gibbs459

Quote from: Pitspitr on July 15, 2013, 08:45:28 AM
Thanks for waking the sleeping thread Gibbs.

(anybody ever seen a slide stop on a 1911 work it's way out far enough to stop the slide in the middle of a string before?)

Point shooting a 1911 can do that easily. If you point at your target with your index finger and squeeze the trigger with your middle finger it will happen darn near every time. I've seen people shoot that way. It works great just not with a 1911.

Quote from: Pitspitr on July 15, 2013, 08:45:28 AM

It was soo hot here I sunburned the top of my head through a felt hat! (seriously!) The only thing I can figure is that I took it off so often to wipe the sweat out of my eyes that it had time to get sunburned.

I can believe it! Saturday was nasty!

Pitspitr

Quote from: gibbs459 on July 18, 2013, 10:46:58 PM
Point shooting a 1911 can do that easily. If you point at your target with your index finger and squeeze the trigger with your middle finger it will happen darn near every time. I've seen people shoot that way. It works great just not with a 1911.

Well, I wasn't doing that, but I do index my finger on the side of the slide/frame until I'm ready to shoot. Maybe I had it just about there and vibration took it the rest of the way. It's really frustrating when you're shooting for time. :wb:

gibbs459

Is it happening on the last round of a mag? Maybe the follower is pushing at a weird angle? No broken parts like the ear on the slide stop?

gibbs459

check the plunger and and safety spring

Pitspitr

It only happened once and yes it was the last round of the magazine. When we realized that I had a mechanical failure another guy handed me his, I stuck a mag in it and finished the stage (the last stage of the match). When I was done shooting we looked the gun over and found the slide stop had slid out a little, pushed it back in and the slide closed. I really haven't done anymore with it since and won't have a chance to shoot it again until the first part of next week. If it is a problem with the mag, I'm not sure which one it was.  :wb:

gibbs459

AW! Shucks! You mean you have to load up all those pesky mags and go shoot them empty to find out which one is causing the problem? You have my sympathy! You lucky dog! ;D :~ :~ :~ :~ :~ :~ :~ :~ :~ ;D

Pitspitr

Well I tried 3 of them today and I know it wasn't the 2 on the lanyards so I only have to try out 9 more  :cool2: