News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

DASHBOARD: Oregon Christian Home Education Conference Promo, June 21-22, 2013

Started by George Hacker, May 03, 2013, 01:40:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

George Hacker

Status and Task List for:
Oregon Christian Home Education Conference, June  21-22, 2013
Last Updated: May 31, 2013

Event Information

Location:Oregon Convention Center, 777 NE Martin Luther King Blvd, Portland, OR
Date:June 21-22, 2013
Promo Boss:TBD
Promo Team:TBD

Tasks / Action Items
These items below require action. Please respond in this thread to volunteer and complete a task or fill a role.
Items with names and dates in parens have been assigned and are in progress. Items with a strike are complete.

Logistics, Administrative and Staffing

• Venue contacted, booth space approved
  • Promo Boss needed
  • Management of booth materials and supplies
  • Booth load-in and set up staffed and scheduled (2:00pm-7:00pm Thursday)
  • Booth staffing for Friday
  • Booth staffing for Saturday
  • Booth tear-down and load out staffed and scheduled(4:30pm-6:00pm Saturday)

Booth Staff Schedule

________FRIDAY_________
_______SATURDAY_______
8:30am-12:00pmTBDTBD
12:00pm-4:00pmTBDTBD
4:00pm-7:00pmTBDteardown: TBD

Event website: http://www.oceanetwork.org/calendar/conference
Tell your Pacific Northwest facebook friends to "like" and post in the Northwest Region Project Appleseed page.

"You can't miss fast enough..."  "Aim small, miss small."

George Hacker

We need someone in the Portland area who is comfortable working with Christian homeschoolers to take the leadership of this event.  I will be unavailable this weekend working with Kimber Custom at a shoot in Idaho.

Bueller?  Bueller?  Bueller?
Tell your Pacific Northwest facebook friends to "like" and post in the Northwest Region Project Appleseed page.

Theophilus

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only-begotten Son, that whosoever believes on him may not perish, but have life eternal.  John 3:16

CQ CQ CQ de WB7AOW

tionico

Hi George

I hadn't yet heard when it was scheduled..... but now I know, I checked my daybook. You are amazing, you picked the ONLY weekend around that time I am available. I'd love to tackle this one. Having worked it last year, I've a pretty good idea of what is needed.

Any new things for graphics, etc, to make a display from? I've some of the flag replicas, plenty of targets, maybe need some hats and a fistful of teeshirts to give selectively.

I can find somewhere near the venue to stay so I won't have to commute a long ways.

Other ideas, suggestions, etc?

While I have to captive: are you aware of another significant event, happening in October on Ocean Shores, Washignton? It is a "family economics conference". largely geared to christian home school and family integrated church crowd. Dates are 11 and 12. It s at the Ocean Shores COnvention Center. I plan to take a vendor booth for that conference.. I attended the one in St. Louis Missouri earlier this month, and was VERY impressed. Kevin Swanson's organisation, Generations with Vision, is the organiser/sponsor. I haven't yet gotten the vendor information, but I am in pretty good relationships with the organisers, I know they like Appleseed and our programme (remember the past two years, the Colorado Home School conference had a rifle range as part of an APpleseed promotion effort INSIDE the conference hall... THAT is Kevin's group. My guess is we can get a table comped. We also might want to see about doing a Liberty Seed or three, as part of either event... Portland and/or Ocean SHores. A strike or two, some DOM, and DD. Maybe some props, too.... the opportunities abound.......

so.. put me down for the Portland event.... and put the Ocean SHores event on your radar. I might be arranging for a place to stay over in Ocean Shores for that event... I know of a vacation rental house I can likely charter for the weekend.. its the off season, and I don't think clamming is open then. There is also a SLIGHT possibility I'll be moving over there by then, too.. long story, but that's the short part of it.

Later on

and thanks for the heads up.

Looking forward to being there. I know and love that crowd.

Nick

tionico

just noticed that the large print blue header has the dates wrong.... the fine print has it right. It says:

Status and Task List for:
Oregon Christian Home Education Conference, June 22-23, 2012
Last Updated: May 3, 2013

I knew it was wrong, as they NEVER have these on Sundays. Might want to fix that niggly bit.

George Hacker

It was last year's date as well.  A copy/paste that didn't get completely fixed.  Good catch, Nick.

Prescott

I am available to work on Friday.   I just checked my schedule and I do have a scout campout with my son on Saturday and Sunday, so I can only work on Friday.

I can also help with setting up the booth on Thursday. 

Did we get a conference room this year where we can tell the strikes?
"America will never be destroyed from the outside.  If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." - Abraham Lincoln