News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Ames Patriot's Day Weekend April 20-21

Started by Yankeedutch, April 21, 2013, 07:54:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yankeedutch

Things are heating up... well it is a little warmer today than yesterday.  It started off frozen, but warmed up to reveal muddy conditions.

Congratulations to all of our shooters who showed great improvement.

See the After Action Report (AAR) here:
http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=35137.0

Dutch
"Silence in the face of evil is itself evil: God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act."
Dietrich Bonhoeffer

"No one could make a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could do only a little."
Edmund Burke

Drfury

Here are a few photos I took at the end of Sunday. Id like to give a big thank you to this group of instructors that have taught me at both the Ames Appleseed and the Winterset Appleseed.
Big shout outs to Alex, Dave, Matti, Bryce and Miller; Thanks for helping me get my patch. This has been a personal goal of mine for over a year now and the taste of victory is sweet. I hope to see you all again this fall in Winterset.

Id like to congratulate Dennis for also getting his Rifleman's patch this weekend!

Our liberties we prize and our rights we will maintain.

Anidor

Congrats on getting your patch this weekend! Good to have another rifleman in Iowa!  :---  I wish I could have made it, but some other things came up.  Glad to hear it went well, and look forward to seeing you at a future event!
When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.

"To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them." – George Mason

"Truth is treason in the empire of lies." - Ron Paul