News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

A huge thank you to Countree

Started by peterlandsiedel, April 15, 2013, 05:59:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

peterlandsiedel

On behalf of the MT Appleseed Instructor Corps, I want to extend a huge thank you to Countree for getting us a table at the recent Friends of the NRA banquet in Great Falls. Countree not only got us a table, but he made sure every table at the event had an Appleseed trifold pamphlet, and an article on the project. We ate like kings, and had a huge opportunity to plug the program.

After staying up well past one to finish wrapping up the banquet, Countree still showed up bright and early Sunday morning to instruct. Hell, he even schmoozed with the media when they arrived. You are a valuable asset to the program, a fantastic instructor, and a good friend. Thanks for all you do, Countree.

George Hacker

Tell your Pacific Northwest facebook friends to "like" and post in the Northwest Region Project Appleseed page.

"You can't miss fast enough..."  "Aim small, miss small."

hawkhavn

Criticism is the only known antidote to error.  David Brin

What a nation has done, a nation can aspire to.
Dr. Jerry Pournelle

Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded — here and there, now and then — are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty.

This is known as "bad luck."
---Robert Anson Heinlein

"Great things have been effected by a few men well conducted." - George Rogers Clark

"Appleseed is a safe place to learn because they care. They have the confidence and serenity of spring gardeners." 1IV on AR15.com

Kaiser Leib

And he just keeps getting better looking, too.
When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.
-Edmund Burke

I would prefer a rope of sand to shackles of iron.

peterlandsiedel

I had a hard time deciding between the winking photo of Countree, or the really good candid shot I got of him.

Mark Davis

Ole Countree is quite a guy, he also make sure there is food at the shoots.
Thanks Paul!

Countree

Thanks fellas!

I just saw this thread.... and the whole deal is all well worth it!

I hope that the trifolds (complete with inserts) will help fill the line! I also threw a few shirts and gift certs into some baskets and I hope to hear from the winners for the July event (or any other event in MT)!

In other News:

I want to give M1aWolf a high five for his 7th Stepping! He sat down and talked with a radio host about AS and we have been hearing some ads on the local oldies rock and roll station! Some real good promo and will def spread the name! Thanks M1aWolf!