News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Persistence, the tale of two new Red Hats

Started by 4Posterity, April 08, 2013, 01:31:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

4Posterity

The Rifleman Persists.  But what does persistence bring?

Calvin Coolidge, the 30th President of these United States perhaps summed it best when he said:

"Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful people with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan "press on" has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race"

Congratulations to "Michael" and "Caseten", California's two newest Red-Hats!

And a very special day for me as well.  Why you ask?  My answer- how often does a Shoot Boss get to promote his own son to the Red Hat ranks?  Michael, you make me proud!

Now you all, stand up and give a cheer for these two rifleman who've persisted and earned promotion to the next level! For persistance should be the watchword for us all.

4Posterity

To be ignorant of what occurred before you were born is to remain always a child.

Marcus Tullius Cicero

"Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful people with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan "press on" has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race"

Calvin Coolidge

gonejohnny

Rocket Man

... if ever a mistaken complaisance leads them to sacrifice their privileges, or the well-meaning assertors of them, they will deserve bondage, and soon will find themselves in chains. -- Joseph Warren (anon)

bob 210

If ye love wealth better than liberty,the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom,go home from us.We ask not your counsels or arms.Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you.May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen. SA

Fred

"Ready to eat dirt and sweat bore solvent?" - Ask me how to become an RWVA volunteer!

"...but he that stands it now, deserves the thanks of man and woman alike..."   Paine

"If you can read this without a silly British accent, thank a Revolutionary War veteran" - Anon.

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again" - Thomas Paine

What about it, do-nothings? You heard the man, jump on in...

George Hacker

I have had the pleasure of working with caseten.  He helped with the Dulzura event just before the New Year.  I look forward to seeing him next time with his red hat.

Well done, both of you! O0

ShadowMan
Tell your Pacific Northwest facebook friends to "like" and post in the Northwest Region Project Appleseed page.

"You can't miss fast enough..."  "Aim small, miss small."

Reddot

Psych Doc

StormN

I have had the honor of working with both of them and the promotions are well deserved. Congratulations to both of you.  O0
A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks.
Thomas Jefferson

Camljr

Congrats to both of you...  Caseten and Michael....  you have worked hard and now have the knowledge to make a difference in people's lives by teaching them what they need to do to save the country. Spread the word about our heritage... share the history... wake them into action!!!

Good job guys. Michael has made his poppa proud!  And Caseten can be proud of himself, as we all are proud of you both!!!

Now, back to work, as there seems to be a couple of Green hats in your futures.....   &)

Cam
96 SHOOTS SO FAR!

WSMR Instructor 03/10  -  SAPPER STEEL!

�The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress, and grows brave by reflection�   Thomas Paine

Proverbs 22:3  -  A prudent person foresees danger and takes precautions. The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.

"Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even when checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy, nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory or defeat".
Theodore Roosevelt

m1jerm

That's great, very happy for you, Mark.

Charles McKinley

Last evening, it occurred to me that when a defender of Liberty is called home, their load lands upon the shoulders of the defenders left behind. Just as the Founders did their duty for Liberty, every subsequent generation must continue their work lest Liberty perish. As there is no way for the remaining adults to take on the work of those that die, we must pass the ideals and duties on to the children. -PHenery