News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

California Appleseed map

Started by LayloPro, August 07, 2008, 05:53:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LayloPro

Hi all,
since our state is a bit "large", the powers that be thought it would be good to have a map of all our AS's we have lined up for the rest of the year, with locations plainly shown.
Very nice of them, don't you think? 8) ;D

Slim came up with the "process", I just followed his directions.......computer skills?? Are you kidding me?? :o

Any new ranges or shoots added, we'll try to keep it updated as quickly as possible.

Take care!

California Appleseed Trail Map

"The truth only hurts if you're guilty." 

"Fast / cheap / good....you only get 2....Your choice."

"Amateurs talk hardware. Professionals talk software. It doesn't matter what's in your hand or between your legs. It matters what's in your heart and in your mind." Lt Col. Dave Grossman.

Garand69

Great Idea LLP, I may have to steal that one for IL  ;)
Garand69

WSMR 03-10 ...SAPPER STEEL!!!!

"Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results." - General George S. Patton Jr

"One can covet success or one can covet being Right, but if he covets both, he will achieve neither" - Stimey

Do not fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have war......Let it start here.

God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right, even though I think it is HOPELESS.
-Chester W. Nimitz

slim

For anyone wishing to set up a map such as this one, head over to google maps, log into your account (if you don't have one, set up a free one... I have one strictly for AS stuff) and then make a "my maps" for your home state.

It's actually pretty easy to do. You search for the places you want to add, placemark them (you can change the icons as well... good for campsites or hotels, distinguishing between past and future AS events, etc.) and then you can add a title and information about each site. If you head to the Event Schedule section here on the forum you can copy and paste the info from the "info" and "register" links of each event and then add that to the placemark for each shoot.

People can see where an AS event will take place, click for more info, and click to register. They can also click on directions to/from the event and even search for nearby lodging or whatever they're looking for.

This is an awesome resource and should make it every easy for folks to get to AS events. They're running out of excuses......

funfaler

Anybody making these maps, please see the example done by 'slim' for OH.  http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=3456.0

Note how there are links to get to the Event Information Page and Eventbrite registration pages, in the bubbles.  This is some very good information for folks to be able to get, rather quickly and easily.

I am sure that slim would be happy to help, if you have questions on how to set this up.

Once we get these maps setup, it may be best to "Lock" and "Sticky" them, so that they stay on top and folks don't load them up with posts.

The dips in your couch will go away if you get up and take the Seventh Step!