News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Instructor Boot Camp in CT?

Started by CTShooter, March 16, 2013, 10:20:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CTShooter

I'm still trying to become an instructor, any chance we might see one of these?

Other options?
Rifleman

CTShooter

Ok how about I will even find a range and run an Instructor Boot Camp?

Anyone in CT? Any reply at all would be nice. Or is there just not that much interest in Appleseed in CT?
Rifleman

VietVet

Quote from: CTShooter on March 20, 2013, 10:22:20 AM
Ok how about I will even find a range and run an Instructor Boot Camp?

Anyone in CT? Any reply at all would be nice. Or is there just not that much interest in Appleseed in CT?

Sorry for the delay in response. We're coming up to our "Anniversary Shoot" in April and all hands are busy planning and setting these events up.
   Glad to see you're willing to help out however IBC's can only be run by Senior Instructors who are qualified to do so by going through our program and earning that rank. Also can only be attended by those who are IIT's (Instructor in Training). Seeing your profile you have not yet reached this level.
   To do so you must attend at least 2 Appleseed events and score Rifleman on an AQT. Once this has been achieved the Shoot Boss at that event will determine if an "Orange Hat" will be offered to a qualifying shooter. We look for several characteristics in those that are asked to take the OH. The two requirement mentioned are just part of this selection process.  Although your enthusiasm is very much appreciated and noted you'll have to meet these requirements and have the SB offer you the OH.
   Volunteers are very much needed for our program. We're all volunteers and I'd suggest you follow the path described above.
   If you can get a Range to host an Appleseed that would be great but the path to becoming an Instructor must be followed. You just can't decide you're one and run an IBC. It doesn't work that way.

We are in the process of setting up IBC's but it will be after April.

Thanks for your interest and willingness to get involved.

Any further questions please PM me.
                                    OUR
FOREFATHERS WOULD BE SHOOTING BY NOW!

CTShooter

QuoteVolunteers are very much needed for our program. We're all volunteers and I'd suggest you follow the path described above.

If someone local would bother to contact me, I would love to follow the path, but when multiple contact requests go unanswered it becomes a challange to "follow the path".

And my profile is not filled out, so using that for information, instead of say, just contacting me and asking about my qualifications or amount of events attended would probably work better. My first rifleman score was 227.

If you are going to continue to email me asking for help and volunteers(Fred), then have the decency to reply when people step up to volunteer.

I wasn't going to bring this up, but why not. I was recently diagnosed with cancer, I'm not sure how much longer I will live, the things I love are my family, my country, teaching and shooting, I have been a firearms instructor for years, NRA instructor and RSO, I'm an AHA certified BLS instructor and a volunteer firearms/archery hunting instructor for the state. I am also a US Army Veteran and teaching is my way of giving back.

And fyi, I wanted to become an Appleseed Instructor before I went to my first shoot, I thought the program was that good and vital to the survival of our country.

Good luck
Rifleman

Transform

Transform

Quote from: CTShooter on March 22, 2013, 10:37:56 AM
QuoteVolunteers are very much needed for our program. We're all volunteers and I'd suggest you follow the path described above.

If someone local would bother to contact me, I would love to follow the path, but when multiple contact requests go unanswered it becomes a challange to "follow the path".

Actually, VietVet gave you some REALLY good advice on this thread, and it's worth following it.

We'd love to have you "follow the path" but you also need to realize that this is an ALL volunteer organization, and we're all incredibly busy. The good folks in CT are extremely busy organizing and putting on Appleseeds!

Also, you're right, it is a real "challenge to follow the path" and that's why a Rifleman Adapts, Improvises, and Overcomes all obstacles in his path. When a Rifleman finds a problem, he or she fixes it!

And my profile is not filled out, so using that for information, instead of say, just contacting me and asking about my qualifications or amount of events attended would probably work better. My first rifleman score was 227.

Please do take a moment to fill out your profile. However, no one is taking the time to check your profile information. All we need to see is that it doesn't say IIT or Instructor next to your name, that's enough to tell us that you're not yet eligible for an Instructor Boot Camp. Which is exactly what VietVet already explained to you. We'd LOVE to have you take an orange hat, work a shoot, and attend the next upcoming IBC!!!

And fyi, I wanted to become an Appleseed Instructor before I went to my first shoot, I thought the program was that good and vital to the survival of our country.

You are quite correct. The program really IS that good, and it really IS that vital to the survival of our country!

CaptMac

Quote from: CTShooter on March 16, 2013, 10:20:56 AM
I'm still trying to become an instructor, any chance we might see one of these?

Other options?

CTShooter,

Sent you a pm.  Give me a ring.

Mac
Ramseur Five Ten!!!

"Live Free or Die:  Death is not the Worst of Evils."  Genl.  John Stark, 1809.