News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

2013 After Action Reports from other Sources

Started by hawkhavn, February 24, 2013, 10:20:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hawkhavn

Criticism is the only known antidote to error.  David Brin

What a nation has done, a nation can aspire to.
Dr. Jerry Pournelle

Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded — here and there, now and then — are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty.

This is known as "bad luck."
---Robert Anson Heinlein

"Great things have been effected by a few men well conducted." - George Rogers Clark

"Appleseed is a safe place to learn because they care. They have the confidence and serenity of spring gardeners." 1IV on AR15.com

scuzzy

Appleseed - presented by the Shooting Gallery - episode of Appleseed filmed by Michael Bane:

http://www.downrange.tv/blog/on-shooting-gallery-appleseed/20450/

Right now it's listed under 'Most Popular last 30 days' so let's see that get bumped up to #1 under Most Popular.
An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.

Unbridled Liberty

For Liberty, each Freeman Strives
As its a Gift of God
And for it willing yield their Lives
And Seal it with their Blood

Thrice happy they who thus resign
Into the peacefull Grave
Much better there, in Death Confin'd
Than a Surviving Slave

This Motto may adorn their Tombs,
(Let tyrants come and view)
"We rather seek these silent Rooms
Than live as Slaves to You"

Lemuel Haynes, 1775

The Wolfhound

scuzzy

Quote from: Unbridled Liberty on February 27, 2013, 08:49:28 PM
Wish I could watch it.

Yeah, I went to the link:

http://www.downrange.tv/blog/on-shooting-gallery-appleseed/20450/

It looks like a trailer but I'm not 100% sure of that.  I looked all over the website but couldn't find anything else. Jeez, maybe I'm blind, or dumb, or most likely both.

George Hacker

Survival Doc reviews the Ruger 10/22 Takedown Rifle in the following video.  Before he does, he shows off his Ruger 10/22 LTR that he built and then shares about Project Appleseed:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=rooCvJ6Bd_o

His shooting jacket proudly displays a Rifleman patch on his right chest.

ShadowMan
Tell your Pacific Northwest facebook friends to "like" and post in the Northwest Region Project Appleseed page.

"You can't miss fast enough..."  "Aim small, miss small."

The Wolfhound

One of my IITs posted this in the Virginia Forum: http://www.bob-owens.com/2013/03/inside-appleseed/
It is going up on our Facebook page.  Great video!  Good work North Dakota!

Brown

I have noticed you get things done and I respect that-SPQR

Nero

"Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet depreciate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground. They want rain without thunder and lightning. They want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters." —Frederick Douglass

dragit

None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.  Goethe

Sarah Belding: Be careful. You're a man who makes people afraid, and that's dangerous.
The Stranger: It's what people know about themselves inside that makes 'em afraid.

His genius was to promote collective action in the cause of freedom... Fischer

Roverace

scuzzy

Nero

"Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet depreciate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground. They want rain without thunder and lightning. They want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters." —Frederick Douglass

Nero

yellowhousejake

I have removed my email from my profile to stop the mod reports. If you need a Libertyseed scheduled you will now have to contact me on the Libertyseed forum.

YHJ

hawkhavn

BHM just posted that Issue #142 July-August 2013 has an article by Mas Ayoob on "Preparing for an Appleseed Event".  Plus a plug for the August 3-4 Oregon shoot.
This issue should hit the shelves in about 4 weeks.

HH
Criticism is the only known antidote to error.  David Brin

What a nation has done, a nation can aspire to.
Dr. Jerry Pournelle

Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded — here and there, now and then — are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty.

This is known as "bad luck."
---Robert Anson Heinlein

"Great things have been effected by a few men well conducted." - George Rogers Clark

"Appleseed is a safe place to learn because they care. They have the confidence and serenity of spring gardeners." 1IV on AR15.com

ItsanSKS

Blog post from a family group that came out to the June 8/9 2013 Appleseed Event in Chugiak, AK:

http://hogfamilyalaska.blogspot.com/2013/06/hogfamily-become-appleseeds.html
"Those who would trade an ounce of liberty for an ounce of safety deserve neither."

"To save us both time in the future... how about you give me the combo to your safe and I'll give you the pin number to my bank account..."

scuzzy

yellowhousejake

I have removed my email from my profile to stop the mod reports. If you need a Libertyseed scheduled you will now have to contact me on the Libertyseed forum.

YHJ

scuzzy

Nero

The new Backwoods Home magazine is out, with a full page advert for the Brookings shoot, just after a Mas Ayoob column on preparing for an Appleseed.

kena1940

Another great Appleseed event. We had great instructors. AND a great weekend of family shooting.

kena1940

Didn't read instructions correctly. These guys made it a great weekend.

Nero

Kimber Custom