News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

NW Region's 2013 Schedule Inconsistent?

Started by Bazooka Joe, February 08, 2013, 06:12:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bazooka Joe

Between the schedule posted above and the schedule located on this page, which is correct? The one above shows a Bickleton, WA shoot which isn't on the other page, and the other page lists several Yakima, WA shoots which aren't listed above.  Is one a list of possibilities while the other is confirmed, or is it mixed?

Thanks

George Hacker

The events listed on http://www.appleseedinfo.org/search-states-display.php?qstate=WA&statename=Washington have been completely processed and are available for registration now.  The current page typically has links to that page as well.  I'm not sure why the Yakima events haven't been listed on this page - that is an oversight.

Concerning the Bickleton shoot, it was planned for spring, but I had confirmed with the property owners that we will not be able to hold an event there at that time.  They are in the process of selling their farm.

Thank you for your patience and for bringing this to our attention.

ShadowMan
Tell your Pacific Northwest facebook friends to "like" and post in the Northwest Region Project Appleseed page.

"You can't miss fast enough..."  "Aim small, miss small."

George Hacker

Which shoots are you interested in?  If you were thinking about attending the Bickleton shoot, then consider Waitsburg instead.  It is in the same part of Washington state.

ShadowMan
Tell your Pacific Northwest facebook friends to "like" and post in the Northwest Region Project Appleseed page.

"You can't miss fast enough..."  "Aim small, miss small."

Transform

Quote from: Bazooka Joe on February 08, 2013, 06:12:37 PM
Between the schedule posted above and the schedule located on this page, which is correct? The one above shows a Bickleton, WA shoot which isn't on the other page, and the other page lists several Yakima, WA shoots which aren't listed above.  Is one a list of possibilities while the other is confirmed, or is it mixed?

The answer is that they are both correct, but that they serve two different purposes. The "Appleseed Events" page shows only the events that are currently open for registration. The "NW Region's Schedule" page shows all events with confirmed dates for 2013, including those that are still being processed. (Depending on the shoot, there can sometimes be a big difference between when the dates are confirmed and when registration opens.)

To use these two pages most effectively, consider your own purpose. If you want to register for a current shoot, go to the "Appleseed Events" page, click on your state, and use the links to get more information and to register. If you want to plan for a future shoot, or to find other events in your area, go to the "NW Region's Schedule" page to see the entire year's schedule, including events in other states that might be within easy driving distance.

The only reason why Bickleton was still on the Schedule, and Yakima was not yet on the Schedule, was because the updates had not yet been made. Appleseed is an all volunteer organization, so everyone involved is doing this work in addition to our other responsibilities. Feel free to ask us for help with finding the events near you!

Bazooka Joe

Thanks for all of the answers.  I'm kind of in the middle of the Bickleton, Yakima, Waitsburg nexus, but Yakima will be closer compared to Waitsburg.  I was just trying to coordinate with a friend who lives farther away who wanted to attend an Appleseed, so I was trying to see what all of the options were.

Transform

If you tell me (here or by PM) where your friend is located, I will help identify the closest Appleseeds to their location.