News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

IGOLD March 6 Springfield, IL.

Started by 2 clicks low, February 05, 2013, 12:17:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

2 clicks low

The Illinois State Rifle Assn. is holding it's annual "Illinois Gun Owner Lobby Day"

Busses are availvable a various points in the state for $25 or less, see attachemnt.

There will be a march from the convention center to the capital followed by a brief speach or two. You will then have the opertunity to attempt to locate your State Senator and Reprisentive and express your views on the various existing and proposed gun laws.

Some issues you may want to discuess are the state paying to fight the Apeals Court ruling in Shepard etal Vs Madagin and wheather HB 997 (ccw) is appropiate and if they should back/cosponsor it. Most people have an opinion on the "new speak" term of Assualt Weapon. You might want to clarify this with your Sen & Rep as well as the impact if any of factory magazine capacitys.

There have been turnouts of 5,000 to 6,000 in the past. Can we make this double this year?

If you can not make it you can send a couple of letters followed up by emails and phone calls stating your beliefs on these and related topics.

Thanks
2 clicks low
"Semper Fritos" 1st. Chicago Chairborne

TheEditor

I'd like to see 14,000, just like were moving toward Concord on an April day 238 years ago - with no websites, busses, cars, etc. 

Think we can't do it? 

We had better than 7000 at last year's.  If every person comes back, and brings one new one with them...

Please spread the word on this.  I'll be there, and I hope all Illinois ASer's can make it too. 

TE
John N.
Author of "50 Things You Didn't Learn in School - But Should Have"
www.heuristicbooks.com

2 clicks low

Thats it? 2 of us?
No problem. We will carry on the fight for all the couch sitters.

2cl

Shooter30-06

"We cannot insure success but we can deserve it."-John Adams
"Remember, all men would be tyrants if they could."-Daniel Defoe

Prairie Eagle

I'll be there. I am swarming the hills with the Lombard bus.

Tornado

"Great things have been affected by a few Men well Conducted."

George Rogers Clark

The Nailer

Mamba

Boarding in Urbana!  See you there!
"And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him." - Revelations 6:8

lordjoker1977

Here with my kids. Back risers, od jacket with American Flag and Rifleman patches.
11-6-11 Chillicothe IL

Be safe, shoot straight, have fun.

Oh, and you owe me pushups.

2 clicks low

My bus was one of the ones cancled. As I used this day to put the car in the shop, couldn't get there.

Sent my rep a long detailed email as the best I can do today.

2cl

Prairie Eagle

My bus got cancelled also, so I adapted and drove down. It was great seeing everyone.

Mamba

2CL, you were definitely there in spirit....saw your doppleganger standing near the speakers on the steps of the Capitol and got some really weird looks from him when I waved thinking it was you :-)

Illinois Appleseed was definitely represented - saw a lot of familiar faces - Instructors, past attendees...also met a few folks whose names I knew but hadn't met yet, so that was a real treat.  Huge thanks to Tornado and the very gracious AmberWaves for taking me under their wing for the day. 

Keep contacting those elected officials and making your opinions known, Illinois!
"And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him." - Revelations 6:8