News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Why No SLOSA 2013 Dates?

Started by choprzrul, February 03, 2013, 01:00:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

choprzrul

I've got friends and family asking about Appleseed @ SLOSA this year and I can't find any dates.

Does anyone have any info? 

The 6 'P' rule: Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance.

Johnnyappleseed

Just guessing that some gun club ranges may have problems with opening up to outsiders .

We have seen this contradictory element  before .

Anyone have direct info on choprzul question?
Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.
Calvin Coolidge

George Hacker

Also some ranges take longer to get their host application completed and get dates approved each year.  Sorry, but I don't know the particulars about the situation with SLOSA.

ShadowMan
Tell your Pacific Northwest facebook friends to "like" and post in the Northwest Region Project Appleseed page.

"You can't miss fast enough..."  "Aim small, miss small."

bob 210

We have had Appleseed events at SLOSA in the past. Lately we have had difficulty getting attendance and also the local Shoot Boss has some other issues that he had to prioiritize. We recently set up  a Boy Scout event that had to be cancelled due to an issue with their Charter.
If ye love wealth better than liberty,the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom,go home from us.We ask not your counsels or arms.Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you.May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen. SA

choprzrul

Thanks for the info/advice. I will keep an eye out for upcoming events.

Just a thought: SLOSA is having their 2nd annual EXPO event in October. I wonder if an information booth for Appleseed might pay dividends?

The 6 'P' rule: Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance.