News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Eureka Appleseed

Started by tarachia, January 31, 2013, 04:24:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tarachia

I am a new IIT for Humboldt County, and I have not really been active on the forum, but I saw that there was a plan to have a shoot at the Redwood Gun Club range in June. What do I need to do to make a June Shoot happen? I would really love to help with this.

cairn

I just came to the forum to look around and see if there was going to be a Eureka Appleseed this year; I didn't see one listed on appleseedinfo.org yet.

I really enjoyed the Eureka Appleseed last October (my first) and I'm looking forward to attending the next one up here. You've got at least one participant if you can get a June shoot going!

Nero

You might try PMing Freeman here - he was the shoot boss for the last two Eureka events.
"Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet depreciate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground. They want rain without thunder and lightning. They want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters." —Frederick Douglass

Transform

Quote from: cairn on February 01, 2013, 02:19:40 PM
I just came to the forum to look around and see if there was going to be a Eureka Appleseed this year; I didn't see one listed on appleseedinfo.org yet.

It won't be listed there until registration opens, but they are being planned for June and October.

I'm looking forward to the Eureka Appleseeds as well, but there are several additional Appleseeds within driving distance of Eureka to also consider:

Red Bluff, CA   Mar 30-31
Hat Creek, CA   Apr 20-21
Eureka, CA   (June TBA)
Hat Creek, CA   Jul 27-28
Brookings, OR   Aug 3-4
Hat Creek, CA   Aug 31-Sep 02
Grants Pass, OR   (Sept TBA)
Eureka, CA   (Oct TBA)
Red Bluff, CA   Nov 23-24

(updated list)

Freeman

The biggest issues we have at Eureka right now are turn out and getting IITs involved. It sounds like the later may be partially solved. If we can ramp up advertising for the June shoot, we should be able to make it happen. Tarachia and Transform, how far are you from Eureka?
Freeman
n.
1. A person not in slavery or serfdom.
2. One who possesses the rights or privileges of a citizen.

"Liberty is not a means to a political end. It is itself the highest political end." – Lord Acton

Appleseed: The only program endorsed by the Founding Fathers and GSG9.

Transform

About 350 miles I think. But I'm the one setting up the Brookings and Grants Pass shoots.

cairn

If there's something I can do to help get the word out for the June Appleseed in Eureka, I'd be happy to do it. I had six people really interested in going to the October 2012 event, but they only heard about it a week before, so only one of them was able to make it. If the dates for June are firmed up, I'll work on getting folks signed up for it locally (I'm in McKinleyville).

Thanks Freeman for making the long trip to be the shoot boss in October - I didn't realize that there weren't any Appleseed instructors in Humboldt (yet!).

Transform

Thanks Cairn, once the dates for Eureka are scheduled, we will take you up on your offer!

In the meantime, please feel free to get people interested in the other shoots I posted above. The fastest way to solve the problem of getting local instructors in Humboldt would be to bring a carload of friends to some other Appleseeds, earn your Rifleman's patches and take orange hats, then you can be IITs at the next Eureka shoot!