News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Ladyseed in IL?

Started by Boston, January 20, 2013, 04:35:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boston

I had seen that on occasion, there are ladyseed events in certain states. I have convinced my wife to go to an appleseed with me this year but she has some friends that would most likely go as a group to a ladyseed event (no husbands would make it more enjoyable I have been told).

Was just wondering if there have ever been any in IL or the surrounding area.

2 clicks low

I don't think we have had one yet.
You might want to PM Patriot Gal, she's the only female SB in the state.

2cl
"Semper Fritos" 1st. Chicago Chairborne

Mutti

Quote from: 2 clicks low on January 20, 2013, 05:03:56 PM
2cl

...for now - we've a few Ladies that are movin' up.... ::)
"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort."
Herm Albright
(1876 - 1944)

2 clicks low

Quote from: Mutti on January 20, 2013, 08:05:52 PM
Quote from: 2 clicks low on January 20, 2013, 05:03:56 PM
2cl

...for now - we've a few Ladies that are movin' up.... ::)

Yep. Got one up this way, Steck, who I expect to be right on your heels.

"Semper Fritos" 1st. Chicago Chairborne

Transform

Quote from: Boston on January 20, 2013, 04:35:32 PM
I have convinced my wife to go to an appleseed with me this year but she has some friends that would most likely go as a group to a ladyseed event (no husbands would make it more enjoyable I have been told).

It doesn't necessarily have to be an either-or choice; they might choose to attend BOTH an Appleseed and a Ladyseed if they're willing, since the two would be different experiences for them.

Invite them all to attend an Appleseed, and the next time a Ladyseed comes around, support them to attend.
Here's the Ladyseed schedule (so far, check back for additions): http://appleseedinfo.org/ladyseed.php

And a friendly word of advice: since you have already been told that "going with no husbands would make it more enjoyable" for them, take the lead in getting ALL of the husbands to back off. The guys can set up together at one end of the line, the gals can set up at the other end away from you. Leave them alone and let them shoot without any interference. IMHO, the benefits of having wives that love to shoot are well worth any bruised egos!