News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

GUN SHOWS Under ATTACK You Support is needed

Started by pennys dad, January 14, 2013, 07:10:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pennys dad

LAST MINUTE ALERT -- PLEASE ATTEND MEETING  IN DEL MAR
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=678825

CALGUNS-CGSSA FIRE DRILL: Call, Email and Attend Glendale City Council
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=678672

m1jerm

Sad news to report.
I had to travel down from Irvine, but I did arrive at around 7:45.
However, I was informed at that time that the motion to reccommend against the renewal of the gunshow's lease was approved.
The motion was supposed to be discussed at the end of the council meeting, but was apparently moved up to the beginning today. What exactly the purpose for the change in scheduling was, I cannot say. I only found out that the change was not common knowledge even to newscasters as at least one I spoke to from Channel 8 was not happy about missing the story.
Also, the same reporter related to me that there may have been an NRA rep there to speak in support of the show, but that there were a few citizens speaking out against it. All of this is second hand info garnered in the cold of the parking lot at around 9pm.

When I got in late at 7:45, I went ahead and sat in on the meeting for an hour just to see if there would be any further discussion, but they were embroiled in some sort of affordable housing issue that was probably of far more importance to the council directly. Perhaps this was a reason to clear the gunshow issue out of the way quickly. That, or reduce the media coverage making them look like a bunch of fools for even addressing it as a serious subject. Hard to tell. You guys can probably get far more info from the late news.