News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Article from the Smithsonian

Started by Gunman Doc, January 11, 2013, 05:16:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gunman Doc

While researching some history, I found this article from the Smithsonian that discusses some "myths" about the Revolutionary War.  It talks a little bit about April 19th as being one of the turning points of the revolution.  There are definitely some facts that I will try to include when I'm doing my three strikes.

http://www.smithsonianmag.com/history-archaeology/Myths-of-the-American-Revolution.html
"It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds. "
--Samuel Adams

"Ten people who speak make more noise than ten thousand who are silent."
― Napoleon Bonaparte

V

If you enjoyed the article you might also find John Ferling's "Almost A Miracle" equally so.

Gunman Doc

Thanks, V.  Sounds like a worthy addition to my library.
"It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds. "
--Samuel Adams

"Ten people who speak make more noise than ten thousand who are silent."
― Napoleon Bonaparte

Pain Killer

I am giving the lecture on Hezekiah Wyman. I have not been able to find much about him except what is on the forum and 'Paul Revere's Ride'. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Steve
"We have staked the whole of all our political Institutions upon the capacity of mankind for Self-government, upon the capacity of each and all of us to govern ourselves, to control ourselves, to sustain ourselves according to The Ten Commandments of God." - James Madison