News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Steel Challenge at Piru

Started by bob 210, June 23, 2008, 10:43:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bob 210

Have you ever heard of Steel Challenge? It is one of the biggest hand gun competitions in the country with $360,000 in cash and prize awards. It is held at Wes Thompson's Piru Rifle Range every year and will be there August 14-16, 2008. In fact, they will be using the RWVA-Piru Range as one of the firing lanes in the event. USPSA has graciously given RWVA a place on their "Sponsor Boards", which are walls composed of banners with the sponsors name on them. We will be in the company of names like Colt, Gerber, PMC, Browning, Rock River Arms,Taurus, and many others. We have also been given a table in the vendors tent to hand out flyers, target, etc. and to promote the Appleseed Program. Did I mention this event is televised? Michael Bane of Shooting Gallery will be there filming the event!!
   In addition, they will be having the "First Shots" program on Friday and Saturday. For the cost of $3, you will be given ammo, instruction, a pistol to use as you are entered in an amateur competition. For that same $3 you will also be given a raffle ticket, that enters you to possibly win the hand gun you were using in the competition. Did I mention that they will have 11 different pistols that you can try this with!?!?
  This is something you won't want to miss. All the big names in Pistol competitions will be there, so come on out and join us and make sure you wear your Appleseed T-shirts!!! ;D If you are interested in helping out at the vendors tent, let me know.

Bob 210
If ye love wealth better than liberty,the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom,go home from us.We ask not your counsels or arms.Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you.May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen. SA

voortrekker

Bob 210,

Sounds like a great time.

Thanks for your efforts in California, Texas is watching closely.

Let us know when they will hold rifle contests.  No bench stuff, you know what I'm talking about.

If he's willing, I'll pay for WCMartin1's flight to compete with his AR-15.

The man can shoot his rifle.

Did I mention he's from Texas?

;D

Good stuff!

Keep on, keeping on!

Brett
If YOU are thinking, WE are winning.

wcmartin1

[blushing]

Thanks, Brett.

I don't know what to say to that, bud.

I don't consider myself a crack shot, just another Rifleman among many here.

I'm proud to be in their company.

But then again...

California...

Hmmm...

I do love to shoot!  ;)

Bob, thanks for your team's efforts in California. 

Sounds like y'all got it goin' on. 

Whatever the circumstance I'll have to come experience it myself someday.
"Unhappy it is, though, to reflect that a brother's sword has been sheathed in a brother's breast and that the once-happy and peaceful plains of America are either to be drenched with blood or inhabited by a race of slaves.  Sad alternative!  But can a virtuous man hesitate in his choice?" - George Washington - from a letter to a close friend after the events of April 19, 1775

"There is no nation on earth powerful enough to accomplish our (the United States) overthrow.  Our destruction, should it come at all, will be from another quarter.  From the inattention of the people to the concerns of their government, from their carelessness and negligence, I must confess that I do apprehend some danger.  I fear that they may place too implicit a confidence in their public servants, and fail properly to scrutinize their conduct; that in this way they may be made the dupes of designing men, and become the instruments of their own undoing." - Daniel Webster, June 1, 1837

SavageShootr

I am really looking forward to this event.  ;D

I am available to help out on Friday August 15th and could help Saturday the 16th as well. I am in school on Thursday August 14th but could maybe blow it off.

~SS
"Listen to everyone, read everything, and don't believe anything unless you can prove it."' B.C.
"It isn't like it is life or death...it is more important than that." MrPete

bob 210

OK folks, this is coming up quickly. Who is available to work the table at the Steel Challenge on Aug 14-16? Please send me a PM.

Bob 210
If ye love wealth better than liberty,the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom,go home from us.We ask not your counsels or arms.Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you.May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen. SA

SavageShootr

I am available to work the Steel Challenge on Thursday August 14th. and/or Friday, August 15th, and/or Saturday, August 16th. I guess that should cover my availability. Just let me know when you want me there. I plan to be there either Friday or Saturday, have to get in on the "first shots" program, but can do Thursday as well.  ;D ;D

"Listen to everyone, read everything, and don't believe anything unless you can prove it."' B.C.
"It isn't like it is life or death...it is more important than that." MrPete

bob 210

So far, I've got four volunteers for this promotional effort and we need a couple more, so that we can have two/day. Who else is gonna step up? 8) You don't want to miss this opportunity. The chance to enter the first shots program and win a handgun! The possibility of appearing on TV for the Appleseed Program! Don't miss out....send me a PM and we'll see you at Piru.