News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Saturday Rifle Clinic, Camp Pendleton, 7/19/08

Started by Francis Marion, July 18, 2008, 05:35:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Francis Marion

Come apply the skills you've been learning at Appleseed this weekend at the sublime Camp Pendleton Wilcox rifle range with the Santa Margarita Gun Club on Saturday, July 19 2008.

Shooting distances range from 200 yds to 600 yds.
You'll need 120 rounds for the day, cost will be $10.

Anybody want more information on this, PM me.  I'll print you data sheets for the clinic if you don't already have a data book. 

Course of fire and details here:
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=110349

bob 210

While your there, ask them if they want to host an Appleseed! ;D
If ye love wealth better than liberty,the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom,go home from us.We ask not your counsels or arms.Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you.May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen. SA

kool aid

Quote from: bob 210 on July 18, 2008, 11:09:47 AM
While your there, ask them if they want to host an Appleseed! ;D
Shameless promotion strikes again.....

golly thats not much ammo for a day at the range, FM ;D
Take a moment and remember the kind of man you chose to be when you got yourself out of that last scrape. Maybe you prayed that you would be different if he delivered you. Maybe you found hope here you thought unreachable. Do not concern yourself with anything 'els THAT. Make the mission first.

Francis Marion

Bob, I have been... and will keep asking.  I've advocated AS to my gun club for awhile.
Heh; Kool, maybe not for a cordite-desensitized, recoil-loving Appleseed shooter such as yourself; but 120 rds at full distance- each shot is documented in a range book - day will be highly instructive for participants. 
(Don't have  a range book?  WHAAT? you're a rifle owner and your rifle doesn't have a range book????!!  And yes, I'm preaching to myself here, too.)
Besides the techniques from coaching, shooters will walk away with data: the precise elevation and windage settings to shoot confidently at full distance. 

SavageShootr

Quote from: Francis Marion on July 18, 2008, 01:49:25 PM
each shot is documented in a range book -  (Don't have  a range book?  WHAAT? you're a rifle owner and your rifle doesn't have a range book????!!  And yes, I'm preaching to myself here, too.)
Besides the techniques from coaching, shooters will walk away with data: the precise elevation and windage settings to shoot confidently at full distance. 

Ut oh.... range book? is that per rifle? ut oh....

Hey FM, have a good time out there at Camp Pendleton. I am shamelessly promoting the program elsewhere this weekend.  ;D

~SS
"Listen to everyone, read everything, and don't believe anything unless you can prove it."' B.C.
"It isn't like it is life or death...it is more important than that." MrPete