News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Correct Placement of State Patch on Jacket?

Started by robojet, December 28, 2012, 07:31:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

robojet

Hi folks... was trying to find out the proper placement of all the patches...  I did find the following information:

"The "standard" if you can call it that is Rifleman's patch over the pocket on the support arm side, oval and rockers go on the trigger arm. The reason for the rifleman's patch being on the left pocket (If your right handed) is so it doesn't interfere with the rifle going into the pocket of your shoulder or the recoil pad. The oval and rockers are on the right side (Again, if your right handed) so as they will not interfere with the sling."

But where would the state patch go?

THANKS!

2 clicks low

If your "state patch" is a rocker it goes with the oval on the trigger arm. If it is a flag, put it where you like it. Might try support arm all the way up, above sling placement.
"Semper Fritos" 1st. Chicago Chairborne

robojet

I have a rifleman rocker that I believe should go over the oval. The state patch is more like a quarter moon shape, so I'm not sure if its considered a rocker. Would it go over the rifleman rocker?

2 clicks low

Over, under, it's up to you.

Locations are advisory at best. I have seen ovals on the chest and Rifleman patches on the sleeve. We are not the army. The only uniform is the hat. And that is subject to the weather.

You may also wear anything that you have earned. I always wear a NRA RSO patch or pin when on a range.

Most important thing is if you take a hat, look professional.

Also nothing you would not want your grandmother to see you wearing.

Unbridled Liberty

I was told by one instructor that you have to earn a state patch.  I can't remember if they said it was for (in one year) holding 100 shoots, or making 100 Riflemen, or having 1000 shooters, or ____?  Can anybody confirm this?  I don't plan on adding any patches, I'm just curious if this is official policy.

UL
For Liberty, each Freeman Strives
As its a Gift of God
And for it willing yield their Lives
And Seal it with their Blood

Thrice happy they who thus resign
Into the peacefull Grave
Much better there, in Death Confin'd
Than a Surviving Slave

This Motto may adorn their Tombs,
(Let tyrants come and view)
"We rather seek these silent Rooms
Than live as Slaves to You"

Lemuel Haynes, 1775

2 clicks low

Quote from: Unbridled Liberty on December 29, 2012, 02:59:18 PM
I was told by one instructor that you have to earn a state patch.  I can't remember if they said it was for (in one year) holding 100 shoots, or making 100 Riflemen, or having 1000 shooters, or ____?  Can anybody confirm this?  I don't plan on adding any patches, I'm just curious if this is official policy.

UL

It was for any state having 100 Riflemen. It was dropped for logistical reasons (maintaining 50 different patches).
2cl

Unbridled Liberty

Quote from: 2 clicks low on December 29, 2012, 03:05:05 PM

UL

It was for any state having 100 Riflemen. It was dropped for logistical reasons (maintaining 50 different patches).
2cl

Yes, that sounds right, 100 Riflemen.  Thanks 2CL.  Makes sense that it would not be practical for Lawrence to maintain all those patches.  But this individual told me that even if someone wanted to go out and find and purchase their own state patch, it wouldn't be acceptable, unless it met the 100 Riflemen requirement.

UL
For Liberty, each Freeman Strives
As its a Gift of God
And for it willing yield their Lives
And Seal it with their Blood

Thrice happy they who thus resign
Into the peacefull Grave
Much better there, in Death Confin'd
Than a Surviving Slave

This Motto may adorn their Tombs,
(Let tyrants come and view)
"We rather seek these silent Rooms
Than live as Slaves to You"

Lemuel Haynes, 1775

2 clicks low

Quote from: Unbridled Liberty on December 29, 2012, 03:52:12 PM
Quote from: 2 clicks low on December 29, 2012, 03:05:05 PM

UL

2cl

Yes, that sounds right, 100 Riflemen.  Thanks 2CL.  Makes sense that it would not be practical for Lawrence to maintain all those patches.  But this individual told me that even if someone wanted to go out and find and purchase their own state patch, it wouldn't be acceptable, unless it met the 100 Riflemen requirement.

UL

Can't imagine it not being acceptable assuming you live there, have lived there or want to live there. It's a state patch and we have dropped them so I think they are fair game. If there is a policy on it: Don't we have better things to worry about?
2cl

ITB

We created our own state patch.  Our designer was one of our IITs.  See attached.

As added motivation for Orange Hats to continue to improve/move up, the state patch is presented to someone when they attain the level of IIT3.

Patch is put on the outside of the left shoulder.

"I will either set my country free, or shed my last drop of blood to make her so." -  Dr. Joseph Warren

" ITB glides through the highways of the Midwest like a Velvet Fog, unfettered by mortal speed limits, leaving only the knowledge of American Heritage and Marksmanship (and a faint whiff of ghost pepper sauce) in his wake." - Oz

CF KD requal - Muenster, TX  11/25/23

Johnnyappleseed

Think ahead Jen ! You will want your instructor patch to be prominent ^5
Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.
Calvin Coolidge