News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

2013 Schedule

Started by RedFox24, December 10, 2012, 10:49:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedFox24

How is the 2013 schedule shaping up?  I am one of those folks whose dance card fills up fast with work and such so I was wondering when it will be up so I can start trying to block off some dates?  What about IBC also?  Just wondering

Merry Christmas everyone

RF24
"Preparedness is not an event.  It's a continuous process." 
Dr. Julie Gerberding, Director, CDC

scuzzy

Serious scheduling work starting this week. A new scheduling system has added another level of complexity and once everybody on the admin/SC end has learned how to use it we'll start getting the schedule up much quicker.
An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.

dond

Some dates for Waterman and Bonfield have been set up, but a Scuzzy says, they are not ready to be put on the schedule yet. We should hear something from Clinton, Chillicothe, Sparta, and Marion in a few days.
Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add "within the limits of the law" because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.  Thomas Jefferson

For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong.  H. L. Mencken

Buzzbie

I'm looking forward to seeing the dates for Waterman so I can schedule some work meetings near those dates and combine trips.

Boston

Also looking for the dates so I can plan my schedules and bring some recruits. My better half (Home Boss) will be coming along with some friends I have recruited after kicking their butts at the local range!

RedFox24

Thought I saw that some dates had been posted but I cant find them now.  I thought I saw Marion and Sparta dates.  ???????????  or did I just dream it?

Prairie Eagle

I you click the map on the home page (to register) there are 4 Marion and Sparta dates listed.

I heard a rumor that there would be no Chillicothe shoots this year.

Boston

Quote from: Prairie Eagle on January 02, 2013, 02:22:40 PM
I you click the map on the home page (to register) there are 4 Marion and Sparta dates listed.

I heard a rumor that there would be no Chillicothe shoots this year.

No shoots in Chilli this year? I know a few members of the club and was getting close to having them go to a shoot with me when I am down state for work. That's too bad. Hope this changes.

RedFox24

When I go to the RWVA address and go that way it works Boston, but when I click on the schedule link on the forum, it doesn't show any shoots yet. 

Transform

Quote from: RedFox24 on January 05, 2013, 06:20:31 PM
When I go to the RWVA address and go that way it works Boston, but when I click on the schedule link on the forum, it doesn't show any shoots yet.

For now, trust the webpage, rather than the forum link.
http://www.appleseedinfo.org/search-states-display.php?qstate=IL&statename=Illinois

NIUGoalie

Wowza, 6 hours south of me... I'm probably better off looking in Wisconsin.

Boston

Waterman dates are now on the schedule for IL. First one is in March.

Mamba

Howdy, y'all!  New IIT0 here; just signed up for some shoots and signing up for more once I see dates for my home range (Danville, IL) and get some things nailed down for later this year.  REALLY want to attend an IBC this spring, and not sure where to find a list of those events specifically...If anyone knows, please help a new girl out and point me the right way.... %)

"And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him." - Revelations 6:8

Prairie Eagle

Quote from: Mamba on January 29, 2013, 05:35:52 PM
Howdy, y'all!  New IIT0 here; just signed up for some shoots and signing up for more once I see dates for my home range (Danville, IL) and get some things nailed down for later this year.  REALLY want to attend an IBC this spring, and not sure where to find a list of those events specifically...If anyone knows, please help a new girl out and point me the right way.... %)

Hi Mamba, welcome aboard, looks like we'll be working Waterman together in March. Look forward to meeting you

Don't know of any RBCs coming up (I'd be up for one myself), but there is an instructor KD coming up in Feb in Indiana that may be a great way to scratch the trigger itch in the interim:
http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=33755.0

If it were just a bit closer to me, I'd be there.

Transform

Quote from: Mamba on January 29, 2013, 05:35:52 PM
REALLY want to attend an IBC this spring, and not sure where to find a list of those events specifically...

Mamba, the IBCs are not all listed yet. Many are still being planned.
The public list is at http://www.appleseedinfo.org/bc_schedule.php
But if you watch the state boards for all the states surrounding yours, you'll find discussions about planning them.

I just went to an IBC. It was a fantastic experience and I highly recommend it. However, keep working shoots and progressing one step at a time, and don't worry too much if it takes a while until you get to attend an IBC.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with "earning it the hard way, one rung at a time on the Appleseed Trail".