News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Camp Atterbury, IN, Instructor KD Qual Weekend

Started by AuntieBellum, January 20, 2013, 10:48:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AuntieBellum

If you're not an instructor yet...you still have time.  ;)  You just need two events, a 210, and take a hat before February 16th.   O0

CAMP ATTERBURY JMTC - INSTRUCTOR KD QUALS FEBRUARY 23-24, 2013

What is this?  This is not a public event; this is an instructor qualification.  There will be no instruction, some sighters to record come ups the first time only, and then we'll hit the AQTs hard and fast.  :--- :--- :---

Why come?  If you have a good rifle and known ammo and want multiple chances at a KD score, this is the event for you.  If you want to shake out a new rifle and don't mind limited chances to get data, being left behind, told to hurry up, and hearing "no, I don't have any idea how your scope works, don't you?", this is the event for you.  Later in the year we will have a full instructor KD weekend for learning and teaching.  All hat colors are welcome.   O0

- Bacon provided for Riflemen...READ EVERYTHING!!

RWVA registration can be found on Eventbrite and must be completed.
PM AuntieBellum for the registration link.

In addition, you must read and complete the following form. The following information MUST be completed and turned in to in@appleseedinfo.org one week (by February 16) prior to your attendance.  NO EXCEPTIONS. This information is a requirement of Camp Atterbury Joint Maneuver Training Center (CAJMTC), and this information will be shared with Military Police and the Range Control office. Your information will not be used in any manner other than to allow your admittance to the installation and to contact you regarding this event.

Please copy and paste the contents of this page into an email, fill in the required information, and return to in@appleseedinfo.org.

There some things about shooting at CAJMTC that you should be aware of, please read the following carefully.

1 - Start time - Checkin is at 7:30AM EDT. For those in most of Indiana, this is 7:30. For those in the Central time zone, it's 6:30 CDT. Safety briefing is at 8:00 sharp. We will not wait to get started. The day will be long and we can't afford to lose time here.

2 - CAJMTC firearms policy - No firearms. An exception is made for civilians for the firearms to be used on the range for an event. This means concealed carry is not allowed. If you or your vehicle are searched, your rifle information submitted by us is all that will be allowed on base. You will be turned away if not detained by Military Police and your event fees will not be refunded.

3 - Centerfire Rifle, Zeroed - Please make an effort to get a known zero prior to attending. 25m or 200 yds preferred but any known zero will work. if you are not zeroed we will make an attempt to get you there, but we will not dilly-dally for you.

4 - 350 rounds of ammunition - Make sure it is all the same as what was used to zero. For those with AR's, heavier is better. 62gr vs. 55gr, 75gr vs 62gr, etc... Make certain your rifle can accurately shoot the bullet weight you select. A 1-14 barrel will NOT handle 75 gr bullets.

5 - The elements - The known distance ranges are not sheltered in any way. If it's sunny, you will be out in the sun. If raining, you'll be out in the rain. If it's snowing...well, you get the idea.  Bring what's appropriate for you and bring cover for your rifle if precipitation is expected. Layered clothing is best so that you can adjust to the changing temps. Events are not canceled due to the weather (exception with extreme weather only. i.e. - tornado, severe storm/lightning). Do not bring portable shelter as the firing line will be moving frequently.  If there is snow on the ground, you may be walking through some large drifts on the range.

6 - Equipment: Sling, shooting mat, high powered binoculars or scope, two magazines, a way to take notes, ear and eye protection. Please note that ear and eye protection is required.  There is a limit to the number of vehicles on the range line. Participants must be prepared to carry their rifle, mat, and ammunition when needed.  We're not kidding.  There will be ONE 4x4 vehicle on the range serving as a medivac vehicle ONLY.  Carry your gear.  Test it out at home. 

7 - Hydration - make sure to bring enough water/gatorade/etc.. to stay hydrated.  Hydration is important, even in the cold.

8 - Food - There will be a designated time for lunch. Please bring what food you need. Leaving base for lunch is not an option and we will continue without anyone who is late returning from lunch. If everyone brings food that can be eaten on the fly, all the better.

9 - From the gate to the range control - Essentially, you continue through the cantonment area on the road you came in on. You will come to a stop sign across from the fire department. Range control is on your left.   Observe posted speed limits.  The MPs are serious.  DO NOT use your cell phone while driving.

10 - A $10.00 per day range fee is required from each shooter attending.  This includes Friday if you choose to come in Friday to camp (what better time to test out your winter survival gear?  :cool2:).  Occupation is Friday at 1800.  Any extra Friday evening help for set-up is appreciated as this event takes a lot of work to set-up and tear-down.

11 - This event could be canceled as late as February 22, 2013, at 1400.  You will be notified immediately if we are bumped off of the range.

__ I got it. <------------ You must read the above information and check/mark/X this item.

Great, let's get the information we need to get you on the installation and on the range! Please fill out the information carefully, accuracy is important. If your information is incorrect, we may not have time to contact you before the deadline to submit our list of attendees.

Personal Information
Name (as it appears on your driver's license/ID): ________________________________________

City of residence: _____________________________________

State of residence: ____________________________________

Zip Code: __________

Date of Birth: mm/dd/yyyy  __/__/____

Rifle Information (You need only complete as many entries as needed)
Make/Model: _____________________   Serial Number: ________________ Caliber:  _________

Make/Model: _____________________   Serial Number: ________________ Caliber:  _________

When your form is complete, email to in@appleseedinfo.org. You will receive a confirmation that the form has been accepted with 48 hours. We will endeavor to make that immediately if received on the last day of registration. We will try, no promises, don't wait until the last minute.
[/quote]
"Nothing is as strong as the heart of a volunteer."
-Lt. Colonel James Harold "Jimmy" Doolittle, US Army Air Corps, 1942

"You smell like Appleseed." - Rimshot

AuntieBellum

BUMP - Last call.  You have until February 16th (that would be this Saturday) to sign up and send in your info!!!

slim

Attention all Attendees -

My brother has offered up his place of residence for anyone who'd like a warm place to sleep, hot showers, flush toilets, power outlets, etc.

I'll be there Friday after work and staying Saturday night as well. It's appx. 30 miles from Atterbury but it's a great option for anyone who doesn't want to camp at the range.

PM me for details and/or to confirm your intention to stay.

AuntieBellum

Thank you, Slim's lil'bro!  I'll send a PM to all registered to make sure they see this info!

grunt soldier

damn I need to get on it.  I officially got the days off to make this happen now.  I'll be filing out the form shortly.
custom kydex solutions.  specializing in sheaths and holsters.  let me know if I can do something for you fellow seeders :)  some pics of our work below

http://s967.photobucket.com/albums/ae158/gruntsoldier2/

"When it comes time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song, and die like a hero going home." - Chief Aupumut (1725), Mohican.

George63

if any one is short of ammo for this, PM me -- or if this will use your supplies and you do not know where/ when you will have a chance to replenish, bring your brass and we can arrange a replenishment - 223 52 gr, 69 gr, 77 gr - 308/30-06 145 gr, 167 gr, 175 gr

JV

i am on the fence on camping, if other people will be doing so, i am pretty much in. i live 30 min away, so its easy enough for me to just go home. although the other half may be looking forward to a weekend alone, lol.
Quote from: ATM on August 14, 2012, 11:37:57 AM
It does not take a majority of cats to prevail... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men and breaking stuff in their houses.

slim

How much steel do I need to trade for some of that ammo, George?  :---

grunt soldier

all info sent and I'm signed up. 

I also sent you a pm George.
custom kydex solutions.  specializing in sheaths and holsters.  let me know if I can do something for you fellow seeders :)  some pics of our work below

"When it comes time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song, and die like a hero going home." - Chief Aupumut (1725), Mohican.

George63

Quote from: slim on February 14, 2013, 05:56:27 PM
How much steel do I need to trade for some of that ammo, George?  :---

fill the bed of a pickup truck and that should have enough scrap value to buy a few hundred loaded rounds

AuntieBellum

All participant and rifle info has been submitted.  If you decide now you want to bring something else...don't.  ;) 

George63

found some more projectiles in stock, so will be able to do replenishment for 223 69 gr, and for garand guys some 150 sierra boat tail match and 168 SMK - so if you want to do this, bring your brass to the event

AuntieBellum

*****UPDATE*****

Camping is no longer available on site for this event.  The reasons are many, including the fact that I am now the OIC for the weekend and have current health issues that require I find someplace to warm up overnight (not to mention that I won't even be in that part of the state until at least 10pm on Friday).  We will check-in and check-out each day.  My apologies for the inconvenience and change in plans.  I would highly suggest contacting Slim and taking him up on his offer to stay at his brother's.  If you're looking for a way to carpool Saturday PM to and from there, I bet we can find someone with some extra space to save you some driving.

Please be at Range Control by 7:30 am to check-in.  I look forward to seeing you all there.

slim

Just to piggyback on AB's suggestion to stay at my bro's house - Everyone is welcome. The more the merrier. He's a great host and there's plenty of room for everyone to stay. PM me for details.

Barbie

Quote from: slim on February 20, 2013, 08:29:47 PM
Just to piggyback on AB's suggestion to stay at my bro's house - Everyone is welcome. The more the merrier. He's a great host and there's plenty of room for everyone to stay. PM me for details.

And I'll be making Rifleman's breakfast sandwiches for breakfast Sat & Sun morning   O0  delish!
Barbie
(812)-290-4738
barbie_bedel@yahoo.com

Indiana Appleseed:  Farm Bred, Brass Fed

Lord make me fast and accurate. Let my aim be true, and my hands faster than those who would seek to destroy me.  Grant me victory over my foes, and those  that wish to do harm to me and mine. Let not my last thought be if I only had my Gun; and Lord if today is truly the day that you take me home, let me die in a pile of empty brass.

AuntieBellum

UPDATE 2:

This event is in serious danger of being canceled.  Unfortunately, it would seem the Indiana crew is destined to have more family issues than any one group of people should have.  While no one is to blame, we find ourselves in serious need of an additional RSO for this weekend's event. 

Here's what we need:
One person, who is already on the gate roster submitted earlier this week, to attend the Camp Atterbury RSO training at Range Control at 1200 on Friday, 2/21 (that's tomorrow).  Oh, and you'll need to pass the test (it is not a hard test - seriously).  This person will then sign out the range Sat morning with the OIC.  The RSO will need to remain on the range at all times the range is checked out (that would be all day Sat and Sun, but we're checking the range back in Sat PM and back out Sun AM).  If you can attend the training, please call me at: 608.469.5190. 

If no one is available to go to the training, the final decision will be made late Friday afternoon after checking on the health status of a current RSO's immediate family member.

Thank you all.

Slow2Speak

Quote from: AuntieBellum on February 21, 2013, 04:29:59 PM
UPDATE 2:

This event is in serious danger of being canceled.  Unfortunately, it would seem the Indiana crew is destined to have more family issues than any one group of people should have.  While no one is to blame, we find ourselves in serious need of an additional RSO for this weekend's event. 

Here's what we need:
One person, who is already on the gate roster submitted earlier this week, to attend the Camp Atterbury RSO training at Range Control at 1200 on Friday, 2/21 (that's tomorrow).  Oh, and you'll need to pass the test (it is not a hard test - seriously).  This person will then sign out the range Sat morning with the OIC.  The RSO will need to remain on the range at all times the range is checked out (that would be all day Sat and Sun, but we're checking the range back in Sat PM and back out Sun AM).  If you can attend the training, please call me at: 608.469.5190. 

If no one is available to go to the training, the final decision will be made late Friday afternoon after checking on the health status of a current RSO's immediate family member.

Thank you all.
I will go

AuntieBellum

Slow2Speak...thank you. 

Everyone else...be prepared for a slightly extended lunch on Saturday so we can send some more people over to get certified.  &)

slim

JV

Quote from: ATM on August 14, 2012, 11:37:57 AM
It does not take a majority of cats to prevail... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men and breaking stuff in their houses.

grunt soldier

Slow2speak thank you so much. I'm stoked.  can't wait to see everyone tomorrow!

Unbridled Liberty

For Liberty, each Freeman Strives
As its a Gift of God
And for it willing yield their Lives
And Seal it with their Blood

Thrice happy they who thus resign
Into the peacefull Grave
Much better there, in Death Confin'd
Than a Surviving Slave

This Motto may adorn their Tombs,
(Let tyrants come and view)
"We rather seek these silent Rooms
Than live as Slaves to You"

Lemuel Haynes, 1775

AuntieBellum

Targets, Super 77, pasters and spotters - check
Insurance confirmation - check
Port-a-johns on site - check
RSOs - check
Paperwork - check
Rifles and fun - check
O0

grunt soldier

just got off work.  check

still up packing.  check

ready for a great day of fun tomorrow on no sleep.  check

see you guys in a bit!