News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Payson Appleseed September 20-21

Started by AZRedhawk44, July 18, 2008, 06:03:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZRedhawk44

The July 5-6 appleseed shoot has been re-scheduled for Constitution Day weekend, September 20-21.

Fred

This should be viewed as a "warm up" for the October Ben Avery Range Appleseed. A chance to quickly learn the basics, so when you show up in Oct and shoot like a Rifleman, and they ask how you did it, you simply give them that Rifleman smile... ;D ;D ;D

PS: Don't forget to bring your friends...all of them - even if there's more than two! ;D ;D

PPS: Remember, the ladies now shoot free, so bring your girlfriend, wife (see the Ottawa AAR for the WI wife reluctantly dragged by her husband to Ottawa, IL AS - and who became a believer!), your mother, your grandmother (yep, we've had more than one grandmother - and a few of them, after the AS, you wouldn't want within 500 yards of ya, unless you're real polite! 8))
"Ready to eat dirt and sweat bore solvent?" - Ask me how to become an RWVA volunteer!

"...but he that stands it now, deserves the thanks of man and woman alike..."   Paine

"If you can read this without a silly British accent, thank a Revolutionary War veteran" - Anon.

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again" - Thomas Paine

What about it, do-nothings? You heard the man, jump on in...

Spatulaman

Could you please clarify the above info? Is this the shoot that was scheduled for Sept. 20-21 that has been moved to Sept. 13-14, which is Constitution Day weekend? Or are there 2 back-to-back shoots? Inquiring minds....

AZRedhawk44

Range has us scheduled for September 20-21st.  Since Constitution Day is the 17th, I had to choose one weekend or the other when scheduling, so I chose the 20-21.

I see that most of the shoots for Constitution Day have been scheduled for the 13th and 14th, but this one just happened to fall out differently.  The range has a sillhouette championship shoot that weekend.  We ended up bumping another 1/2 day event on the 20-21st weekend as it is.

Spatulaman

Thanks for the clarification. And just to show how truly grateful I am, here's a publicity flyer for this event!  :D

wcmartin1

Quote from: Spatulaman on July 19, 2008, 12:59:46 AM
Thanks for the clarification. And just to show how truly grateful I am, here's a publicity flyer for this event!  :D

So that's what they call service with a smile!
"Unhappy it is, though, to reflect that a brother's sword has been sheathed in a brother's breast and that the once-happy and peaceful plains of America are either to be drenched with blood or inhabited by a race of slaves.  Sad alternative!  But can a virtuous man hesitate in his choice?" - George Washington - from a letter to a close friend after the events of April 19, 1775

"There is no nation on earth powerful enough to accomplish our (the United States) overthrow.  Our destruction, should it come at all, will be from another quarter.  From the inattention of the people to the concerns of their government, from their carelessness and negligence, I must confess that I do apprehend some danger.  I fear that they may place too implicit a confidence in their public servants, and fail properly to scrutinize their conduct; that in this way they may be made the dupes of designing men, and become the instruments of their own undoing." - Daniel Webster, June 1, 1837

MOGromit

Hey Spatulaman,

I tried to print out the PDF flier, both with default printer settings, and then changing them to have the "do not scale results" and both times I was missing horizontal bands of text.

Any guidance?

Thanks,
Gromit

Spatulaman

Those were made with Adobe 8.0. Are you perhaps using an earlier version? This is the first report I've had of this type.