News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

October 25th Shoot

Started by AZRedhawk44, September 30, 2008, 07:13:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZRedhawk44

So, the home range is having a shoot on October 25th.

I'm thinking we could probably enjoy a similar day here in Arizona.

What do you say?  Shall we celebrate October 25th together while appreciating the culture of the Rifleman? ;)

I know of a location we can use informally in the national forest where we can get ~300 yards out of it, with a firing line large enough for a handful of "high minded Sons of Liberty." ;D

Who's game?  Invitations will be just that... invitations.  Need to have attended an Appleseed in Arizona to attend this... no time for sighting in rifles all day, we've got bullets to shoot!

Course of fire is still up-in-the-air, but I'm thinking:
1.  Redcoats. ;)  Gotta shoot some redcoats anytime we get together, and it's a great warm-up.
2.  Pumpkins.
3.  Other creative targets and challenges at various sizes and various distances.

Not all day, probably 4 hours or so.

PM for info or post here if intending to attend.

metalbot

Redacted
Davilla 1108

AZRedhawk44

Also, any of you folks at the Payson Appleseed that were pushing 210 but not quite there:

I HAVE AQT's YOU CAN SHOOT AND HAVE A WITNESS FOR YOUR RIFLEMAN PATCH!

Potroast

Well, I'm interested of course! Please let me know about the location. We also have a suitable area nearby 30 miles from Prescott, that can hold an "informal" match out to at least 300 yards, maybe further. This would be on National Forest land, and the road is suitable for 2-wd sedans, not too rough.
"The garbage heap of history is a crowded place" Gen Charles Cornwallis

wildman

Riflemen coming together doing the rifleman thing celebrating their liberty! We at Ramseur will be doing the same. Shoot more, shoot often, shoot better
This is my rifle. There are many like it but this one is mine.... "My Rifle" the creed of a US Marine by MG WH Rupertus,USMC

Fred

Okay, guys. Let's understand that RWVA is apolitical, and has no agenda other than promoting marksmanship and heritage.

Everyone on this site has all the freedoms every American is supposed to have - speech, association, etc.

But posting stuff like this thread on our site not only can lead to the wrong image of Appleseed and RWVA, it can positively hurt the program.

Things like this can be - and will be - deliberately  misconstrued by our enemies - anyone who doesn't like Appleseed or RWVA, for any reason - some of them for ideological reasons, some for personal reasons - but to continue - deliberately misconstrued to harm the program, to characterize the program as something it is not.

Basically, to "PC" the program - to say we're right-wingers (some of us are), out-of-control (none of us that I know of, is), that we're fanatics (yes, but only about Appleseed - spreading the word and the gospel), training militia (sorry, we're marksmanship only - and only rifles, at that), that we plan to overthrow the government, or at least foment it (after all, why have the word "Revolutionary" in our name - right? >:( ;D).

Most of this stuff, to us, who know the program, is laughable.

But it will not be laughable, if the media - or some ambitious politician - gets ahold of it.

Bet on it.

We would be wise not to hand our enemies the tool with which to slay our program.

And we'd be wise not to shoot ourselves in the foot. If we have to be shot in the foot, let someone else do it.

I hope this is an instance of "'nuff said", that we don't have to worry about anyone taking umbrage, no one's nose gets out of joint, that everyone understands these constraints, and that everyone cheerfully picks up and continues straining to get that humongous Appleseed boulder up the hill.

So, let's get to it. SOM-SOM, as we used to say so often on this site...

[SOM-SOM" = "Stay on Message, Stay on Mission"]
"Ready to eat dirt and sweat bore solvent?" - Ask me how to become an RWVA volunteer!

"...but he that stands it now, deserves the thanks of man and woman alike..."   Paine

"If you can read this without a silly British accent, thank a Revolutionary War veteran" - Anon.

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again" - Thomas Paine

What about it, do-nothings? You heard the man, jump on in...

AZRedhawk44

Thread and resultant shooting event re-titled.

AZRedhawk44

I'm gonna cancel this one, folks.  We can talk about rescheduling some other time.