News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Bedford Contingent needs help!

Started by Chilidog, November 28, 2012, 10:57:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chilidog

The Range at Bedford has needed some improvement and we have started working on it. We have the plan to build it 125' wide with the firing line on top of the ridge. This will allow the shooters to shoot 25yrd, 100yrd, 200yrd and 300yrd all from the same firing line!This also allows the bottom to be open for pistol shooting as in IDPA style But help is needed. Here is a list of the things still needed 2- 24'x15" culverts, about 120 tons of gravel for the road and parking lot, Dozer work of about 25-30 hours and I would like to put in the fabric liner under the gravel to give the parking lot and road a long life as we will shoot here for the next 40 years then our kids can repair the road. Cost of this will exceed 6,000.00. We already have had the surveying donated and it is done. We have also cut down the large tree and are in the process of ripping out the shooing lanes that are in place. The dozer could start as soon as 12/1/12 but I'm short funding. If your interested in helping let me know.
Thank you for considering helping our range.
Chilidog
No better investment can you make than in your fellow American. For it will pay off in future generations of Americans to come.

"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must undergo the fatigue of supporting it" - Thomas Paine

hawkhavn

Criticism is the only known antidote to error.  David Brin

What a nation has done, a nation can aspire to.
Dr. Jerry Pournelle

Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded — here and there, now and then — are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty.

This is known as "bad luck."
---Robert Anson Heinlein

"Great things have been effected by a few men well conducted." - George Rogers Clark

"Appleseed is a safe place to learn because they care. They have the confidence and serenity of spring gardeners." 1IV on AR15.com

Chilidog

Thanks to the generous support of Indiana Army Surplus, Lewis Maudlin & Hawkhavn we now only need 3,800.00 of of the money required to finish the project.
Thank you!
No better investment can you make than in your fellow American. For it will pay off in future generations of Americans to come.

"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must undergo the fatigue of supporting it" - Thomas Paine

Chilidog

Thanks to Bloomington Seal Coat and Tater we need 2,600. Plus the culverts and fabric

Chilidog

Today the dozer arrived! Flynn and Sons gave us 1 piece of the culvert and the use of their roller to compact the road so no need for the fabric!

Chilidog

Slow2speak working the survey

SPQR, TBE, & Bryce cut the tree down

Chilidog

Chilidog

Chilidog

Chilidog

The berm is on fire! If you listen close...... hear it ......pching!.... pching! Only the Bedford gang will hear it.

part of the road and the top half of the range.

Chilidog

Here is the latest on what we still need.... 1,000.00 to finish paying for the dozer work that is already started and will be finished soon. 1,600.00 for gravel that would be best worked by the dozer before he is done.
Thanks to all who have helped build the range this has been great!
Chilidog

Chilidog

The road to 300 YARDS! (in dirt form)

Chilidog

About 1/2 the gravel for the parking lot done. Yeah, it was foggy this morning.
Thanks to Slow2speak we need only about 2,000.00 for the gravel to finish the road and parking lot and balance of the dirt work that was finished last night.

hawkhavn

That is a thing of beauty.
I can just picture what it will look like in a few months.

HH
Criticism is the only known antidote to error.  David Brin

What a nation has done, a nation can aspire to.
Dr. Jerry Pournelle

Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded — here and there, now and then — are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty.

This is known as "bad luck."
---Robert Anson Heinlein

"Great things have been effected by a few men well conducted." - George Rogers Clark

"Appleseed is a safe place to learn because they care. They have the confidence and serenity of spring gardeners." 1IV on AR15.com

Chilidog

If your passing by... stop and have a look see. Community in action.

Chilidog

Saturday Standish Farm supply helped with the seed to put the grass back on the range. Yesterday TBE gave enough to make the amount needed to finish at 1,700.00 . Thank you both!
Chilidog

Chilidog

Thank you ATM! Balance needed is 1,600.00 to finish. Whoo Hoo! Almost done!

Chilidog

OrangeDotFever come by and brought the balance needed down to 1,500.00! Thank you!

Chilidog

We are knee deep in snow! Andry Medical Services and The Wright man brought the amount needed down to 1,300.00! Thank YOU!
Happy New Year!

AuntieBellum

Excellent work.  I can't wait to visit Bedford this year.
"Nothing is as strong as the heart of a volunteer."
-Lt. Colonel James Harold "Jimmy" Doolittle, US Army Air Corps, 1942

"You smell like Appleseed." - Rimshot

Chilidog

Thank you Lewis Maudlin and Bomber! Balance needed for completion of range is only 1,100.00!

Chilidog

WHHHHOOOOOOHHHOOOO! RWVA just commited to paying for the balance of this improvement!
All that is left is doing the work. I will post pictures as we continue to finish the project.
Thank you to everyone for all your support!
Chilidog

Barbie

Oh great!  Looking forward to helping out at an event in Bedford this year  O0
Barbie
(812)-290-4738
barbie_bedel@yahoo.com

Indiana Appleseed:  Farm Bred, Brass Fed

Lord make me fast and accurate. Let my aim be true, and my hands faster than those who would seek to destroy me.  Grant me victory over my foes, and those  that wish to do harm to me and mine. Let not my last thought be if I only had my Gun; and Lord if today is truly the day that you take me home, let me die in a pile of empty brass.

techres

Awesome!

And the snow is mostly melted.  You have to have quite alot of mud now.
Appleseed: Bringing the Past into the Present to save our Future.

Uncle Davey

If you need anything painted let me know .. I'm good at that
Those who stay will be champions. Those who persist will be riflemen.

Pitmaster

Quote from: techres on January 14, 2013, 02:57:33 PM
Awesome!

And the snow is mostly melted.  You have to have quite alot of mud now.

Can we get a "Mudcat"seed patch?
Pitmaster

Captain Noah Cook a Revolutionary War Veteran was my great, great, great,...great grandfather. Noah Cook enlisted in the militia on April 21, 1775 at age 18 upon learning of the Battles of Lexington and Concord that morning. His company left on that day for Concord arriving April 24, 1775.*

*History of Northampton, Massachusetts: from its settlement ..., Volume 2, Part 2, Chapter 25, Page 359

"The Second Amendment protects an individual right to possess a firearm unconnected with service in a militia, and to use that arm for traditionally lawful purposes, such as self-defense within the home." Antonin Scalia

�The test of a democracy is not whether the people vote, but whether the people rule.� G.K. Chesterton

NRA Endowment Member

Brown

OUTSTANDING!!

Quote from: Chilidog on January 14, 2013, 11:48:36 AM
WHHHHOOOOOOHHHOOOO! RWVA just commited to paying for the balance of this improvement!
All that is left is doing the work. I will post pictures as we continue to finish the project.
Thank you to everyone for all your support!
Chilidog
I have noticed you get things done and I respect that-SPQR

Orangedotfever

Good people and good will, coming together for a great cause. The bomb range at Bedford is a special place.
"Need", has nothing to do with it!

"Courage is being scared to death... and saddling up anyway." John Wayne

"I'd like to know why well-educated idiots keep apologizing for lazy and complaining people who think the world owes them a living."  John Wayne

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner.
Liberty is a well armed lamb.

SPQR

Fantastic!

I have been in the program for a bit now and done a few shoots.  I have seen a few ups and downs but I tell you what, Fred is committed.  A lot of folks twinkle their toes in the water of Trying to Make a Difference.  Fred is all in.  You may not agree with him, heck, there have been times i wanted to pull his mustache out, but any objective person will tell you that he wants to see this Country get better.  This is a huge step in helping one little corner of this country do just that.  HUZZAH!
"It is amazing to watch the intricate dance of the Indiana instructors playing off each other's strengths. No ego involved. Just doing what needs to be done by the person best suited to do it to give the shooters what they need." - Miki

"Indiana rules!" - Nero

"We all need Bedford." - brianheeter

Bryant

This is great!  Maybe sometime I will have a chance to make it down and see this once it is accomplished.  Hts off to all those making it happen.
Also on INGO as MtnBiker6510
-----------------