News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Winner of the CMP Western Games EIC Match........

Started by bob 210, October 16, 2012, 03:52:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bob 210

....Yep, you guessed it! It was one of our own CA Appleseed Instructors! I let you try and guess who it was until he posts the pictures!
If ye love wealth better than liberty,the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom,go home from us.We ask not your counsels or arms.Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you.May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen. SA

AZRedhawk44

congrats!

<Some of us were out APPLESEEDING this weekend though and couldn't come play...> ~~:) :cool2: 

;)

jrturbo

Tribuo mihi licentia vel tribuo mihi nex.
If Appleseed is not about making a difference in this country, starting at the local level, then we are nothing more than a distraction that will lead to the loss of our inheritance.

bob 210

It was our very own Gone Johnny! Congratulations John! We are hoping that CMP poststheir pics of the awards as Johnny didn't get any pics.
If ye love wealth better than liberty,the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom,go home from us.We ask not your counsels or arms.Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you.May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen. SA

George Hacker

Quote from: bob 210 on October 23, 2012, 10:46:22 AM
It was our very own Gone Johnny! Congratulations John! We are hoping that CMP poststheir pics of the awards as Johnny didn't get any pics.

Well done, Gone Johnny! O0

Wish we had some pictures.

ShadowMan
Tell your Pacific Northwest facebook friends to "like" and post in the Northwest Region Project Appleseed page.

"You can't miss fast enough..."  "Aim small, miss small."

Psych Doc

Barbie

Barbie
(812)-290-4738
barbie_bedel@yahoo.com

Indiana Appleseed:  Farm Bred, Brass Fed

Lord make me fast and accurate. Let my aim be true, and my hands faster than those who would seek to destroy me.  Grant me victory over my foes, and those  that wish to do harm to me and mine. Let not my last thought be if I only had my Gun; and Lord if today is truly the day that you take me home, let me die in a pile of empty brass.

Two Wolves

Way to go! Awesome  O0  Someone post a picture. It doesn't have to be from this shoot. Let's put a face with the name. ~ Two Wolves
A moral compass provides a basis for making decisions; an action is good or bad, right or wrong when viewed in the light of the individual's moral bearing. If no moral compass exists for the individual, then decisions and actions are made on the basis of purely subjective thoughts. This leads to "If it makes me happy, or makes me feel good, or if it's something I simply want to do, then it is right and good."

gonejohnny

Hey Everyone,
It looks like the folks at the CMP made it back east safe and sound and finally got around to posting some pictures... A few of us SoCal AS Instructors made our way out to Phoenix for this year's games. It was a blast and is highly recommended if you can find the time to get to one of these events!

Here's Mr Pete... Who, regardless of his recent move to Florida - really is (and always will be) a CALIFORNIA Instructor!

Mr Pete... surveys the situation!

Here he is coping a medal!

SoCal's own cibGrunt working a score sheet

No photoshoot would be complete without the exceptionally photogenic Camjr!

More Cam...

Seriously... They love Cam!

Here's me, accepting the plaque High Competitor in the "As-Issued M1-Garand Match" with the other shooters catching their leg-points!

Unbeknownst to the competitors before the match, this year's winner would be the recipient of a brand new rifle as a prize donated by Bushmaster!!! (too bad it's on the California BANNED LIST?!?!?!?!?! Doh!!!)

Just goes to show, we can all accomplish anything with put our minds to! Thanks to Appleseed, not just for teaching me how to shoot a rifle - but for teaching me more about myself. I am a better man because of Appleseed. Surely. - GoneJohnny

Side-note on Bubble & Cadence: Trusting my NPOA, in the best position I could muster - got me a 99-7X in rapid prone. My the last 3 shots were sent almost blind with an eye full of sweat... This stuff works!

Ratchett

Remember only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you: JESUS CHRIST and the AMERICAN ARMED FORCES.
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom-Unk

"The propitious smiles of Heaven can never be expected on a nation that disregards the eternal rules of order and right which Heaven itself has ordained."---Geo Washington, 1789

Those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles.---Isaiah 40:31

A wrathful man stirs up strife,
But he who is slow to anger allays contention.---Prov15:18

"Wisdom is higher than a fool can reach." --P. Wheatley

Rocket Man

Having shot KD with you, I am not the least bit surprised.   ;D   Outstanding.
... if ever a mistaken complaisance leads them to sacrifice their privileges, or the well-meaning assertors of them, they will deserve bondage, and soon will find themselves in chains. -- Joseph Warren (anon)

SPQR

"It is amazing to watch the intricate dance of the Indiana instructors playing off each other's strengths. No ego involved. Just doing what needs to be done by the person best suited to do it to give the shooters what they need." - Miki

"Indiana rules!" - Nero

"We all need Bedford." - brianheeter

Scott1600

Yeah TurboJohnny!  Way to go!  Awesome!    ^:)^
You know, you could send that Bushie up here, and I can "babysit" it for you  @)
MrPete prob beat me to it.
Congrats, brother!
"Objects of the most stupendous magnitude, and measure in which the lives and liberties of millions yet unborn are intimately interested, are now before us. We are in the very midst of a revolution the most complete, unexpected and remarkable of any in the history of nations." -John Adams, July 3, 1776.

TruTenacity

This is super!   Congratulations!

(A link to this thread should be posted on ALL FB pages!)
"We are fighting for our country, for posterity perhaps.  On the success of this campaign the happiness or misery of millions may depend."  Henry Knox

"Let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap if we faint not."  Galatians 6:9

LawDog

If anyone has already done a short announcement - like for a FB page - please post it here so others can copy it. 

TruTenacity

Quote from: LawDog on October 25, 2012, 02:41:30 PM
If anyone has already done a short announcement - like for a FB page - please post it here so others can copy it.

Would it be best to wait for an official article to be released and then post that link?  If not, I hope the CA folks write up what they would like said on the FB pages and the FB admins will spread the word.
"We are fighting for our country, for posterity perhaps.  On the success of this campaign the happiness or misery of millions may depend."  Henry Knox

"Let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap if we faint not."  Galatians 6:9

jrturbo

Congrats Johnny!  Now you have some Leg points!!   Woo Hoo!!!   On your way to Distinguished!!!! 
Tribuo mihi licentia vel tribuo mihi nex.
If Appleseed is not about making a difference in this country, starting at the local level, then we are nothing more than a distraction that will lead to the loss of our inheritance.

dragonfly

Quote from GoneJohnny;

Just goes to show, we can all accomplish anything with put our minds to! Thanks to Appleseed, not just for teaching me how to shoot a rifle - but for teaching me more about myself. I am a better man because of Appleseed. Surely. - GoneJohnny

Side-note on Bubble & Cadence: Trusting my NPOA, in the best position I could muster - got me a 99-7X in rapid prone. My the last 3 shots were sent almost blind with an eye full of sweat... This stuff works!

Well done my friend O0 O0 O0

D-fly  Keeping the Faith
www.facebook.com/WIAppleseed

K.I.S.S.
Lead, Follow or Get out of the way - Thomas Paine
Did you talk to someone new about APPLESEED today ?
The United States Constitution.

V

Wow! Heartfelt congratulations to some of the best people I have the honor to know.

I'd be interested to know what the reaction was of the "old boys," long time participants presumably in these events, to these upstart insurgents taking all their prizes?

Cheers
V

Patent guy

Congratulations! 
And on your observations about NPOA and sweat in the eyes, we are reminded "The proof of the pudding is in the eating."  O0
District of Columbia v. Heller (US 07-290, 2008)  "The Second Amendment protects an individual right to possess a firearm unconnected with service in a militia."  McDonald v. Chicago (US 08-1521, 2010) "[T]he Second Amendment right to keep and bear arms [is] fully applicable to the states"

woburn210

Congratulations Johnny.  When you spoke about going I thought you would do well but I didn't want to jinx any chances.  For all of us it's good to know there is an Appleseed on top at the events.  Keep it up.