News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Thanks, Appleseed

Started by Bazooka Joe, October 09, 2012, 09:00:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bazooka Joe

I just wanted to post an extra thank you to the Appleseed Project.

I attended my first Appleseed at the Bickleton, WA Appleseed on April 21-22, 2012. I had learned to shoot a rifle 20+ years ago in the army, but hadn't done much rifle shooting in several years.  While I knew that I had gotten out of shape, the Appleseed helped drive home just how much.  Having been a while since having to assume a prone firing position, I soon realized how much my enlarged gut interfered with steady breathing and how my out of shape arm unsteadiness detracted from a stable shooting platform. Lastly, the heat of the day really got to me and I had to sit out a couple of hours of shooting.

Why these things were not already obvious to me, I can't say. But the Appleseed really drove these home to me.  The next day I started an exercise regimen and diet (p90x if you are curious), and am proud to say that I have lost 57 pounds since that Appleseed.  I still have a way to go to get to where I want to be, but I just wanted to say thanks again, Appleseed.  In addition to teaching great shooting skills, I also realized how much my out-of-shapeness was detracting from my shooting.  It really motivated me to improve my health.

George Hacker

Bazooka Joe,

Congratulations on your weight loss.  That is quite an accomplishment. O0

I was at the Bickleton shoot in April and I hope our paths cross again on the Appleseed Trail.

ShadowMan
Tell your Pacific Northwest facebook friends to "like" and post in the Northwest Region Project Appleseed page.

"You can't miss fast enough..."  "Aim small, miss small."

Kimber Custom

Prone to Knit

Great job, Bazooka Joe! And P90X yet - Tony's programs are not for the weak of heart, especially X.  Good for you to stick with it.
"We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm." - George Orwell
That's why I knit for our troops.
http://coversandsoles.org