News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Ramseur, NC AAR 7/4/08-7/6/08

Started by Sherry- RIP CPL MAYNE KIA 23FEB2009 IRAQ, July 08, 2008, 08:05:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
I guess I'll be the first to post my 2 cents on the NC Appleseed...

This was a pretty amazing AS... what else would it be, right? They had just gotten done with a Boot Camp so there were many fresh IIT's running the range and RSO's. Young blood at that! Which is always good to see. Speaking of young blood... the youngest Appleseeder this past weekend was a 6 Year Old from VA! AND he got his Jr. Rifleman patch!! Man, is that amazing or what?  Yes, he had some help but when it came to him shooting it was ALL him! We gave him some ammo and once he starting shooting that his groups got smaller and smaller. Seeing him there really impressed me! All the lesson's taught this weekend were really good. From the history part to positions, the 6 steps, and safety rules, etc., everything was really good. I'm now starting to understand and apply Inches, minutes and clicks. Where before I would just adjust my sights/scope to just a few clicks down and a few clicks over. Now i'm understanding 2 clicks down and 1 click over. No more wasting valuable shooting time and ammo!

Team South Carolina, as Talon put it, brought the noise to the North! Confirming our rifleman scores yet again and winning the team shoot and proving ourselves on the long range, pop up targets and a few paper targets. We just can't seem to get more South Carolinians to join in on the fun!! I think they're just embarrassed to be shown up by a girl! Chicken Sh*ts. We're working on 'em though!

I wanted to take the time out to Thank everyone who showed up this past weekend and to those who stuck out a full week+ in the hot sun and humidity to do a Boot Camp and stick around for an AS. You're effort and sacrifice made it all worth it! It was nice to see some familiar faces and meet some new ones. It was also nice to put faces to the names on here! I got a kick out of meeting some of you by going by your forum names. "Hi, I'm Believer" or "I'm Junior Birdman." "You must be Armywife." Do any of you know my real name?? haha Believer you did an AWESOME job as Range Boss. I hope everyone else got as much info out of you as I did. I can't wait to go to another AS where you'll be the RB! All the instructors did a great job as well.  Some of you still managed to point out some mistakes I was doing, that I thought I had fixed but obviously didn't. I corrected them quick, fast and in a hurry and managed to improve my score (if you can believe that)! It's hard to break old habits but I'll get it with time and for people like you watching and correcting. OH, bit of advice on the correcting part. Don't wait til we're on stage 2 or 3 to correct us. We only have 50-60 seconds to make our shots and when people all around you are shooting it's hard to here what you say, and when you repeat it, the 50 seconds is up and there goes your score. So please wait til the end of the stage correct us! Thanks!! Well, thanks again to everyone! I had a blast and can't wait to come back to NC!!

Here's a few pics for ya! or as they say here in the south.. YA'LL!
"Greater love hath no man than this, that he lay down his life for his friends."

"Animo et fide"

pics I couldn't post before...
"Greater love hath no man than this, that he lay down his life for his friends."

"Animo et fide"

Now THAT'S how you do a redcoat!!

"Animo et fide"

Sheepdog

This was my first time teaching the Appleseed way and aside from a few gliches of the tounge, it went well. The venue is great as were the participants and training cadre.  Alonzo1 (my brother) JB, DW, Believer, Atticus, 762BBQ, Talon, Wildman, Fred... Thanks for taking such good care of us all week and weekend. It was great meeting, talking, shooting, learning and teaching with all of you. After spending the last 34 years of my life dealing with the primarily negative associations of a city cop it is refershing to see another side of life, the country, and some real quality people. I am not only humbled but proud to be associated with the likes of y'all.  I kind of like the yankee weather better. I function better when I'm cold.
Best regards to all. Mike
RAMSEUR: SEVEN OH EIGHT

Garand69

Talon said........

QuoteShooters, you cannot find friends like this just anywhere, yet Appleseed is teeming with personalities and persons who are the best of the best that America has to offer. Why anyone would not want to be a part of this is beyond me. Further, this forum does not do us justice to us on many occasions. Get to as many shoots as you can, and meet these people you read of everyday. We are all on the same team, with the same mission.

I left on task, with a more solid understanding of my team and new found friends. My "new" M1 is DOPE'd up at KD. I found that my new tent does not leak; if it was going to leak, it would have on Friday night. Who ordered the monsoon!? Whew!

Absolutly right Talon, Appleseeds, build some thick blood!

As for that rain on Friday night in Ramseur NC...... The Guy pulled a few strings to keep Ottawa nothin' but Sun!  ;D
Garand69

WSMR 03-10 ...SAPPER STEEL!!!!

"Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results." - General George S. Patton Jr

"One can covet success or one can covet being Right, but if he covets both, he will achieve neither" - Stimey

Do not fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have war......Let it start here.

God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right, even though I think it is HOPELESS.
-Chester W. Nimitz