News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Piru Appleseed August 23-24, 2008

Started by bob 210, July 08, 2008, 06:57:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bob 210

Here's your chance to shoot at the new RWVA-Piru range and walk in the footsteps of those trailblazing individuals that were part of the

FIRST Nationwide Rifle Marksmanship Event in history on April 19th!!!  :o ;) If you weren't able to make the first Piru Appleseed, here's

another opportunity to test your skills against the AQT and learn what it takes to move from being an American rifle owner to becoming

an American Rifleman!  8) So bring your friends, bring your family, bring your coworkers, and immerse yourself in the heritage that is

Rifle Marksmanship in America!!!!  :o ;D

Get in those pre-reg's for the upcoming August 23-24 Piru, CA Appleseed.   ;D This gives us an idea of how many

instructors to have available to be able to properly cover the line, let alone get an accurate count of targets, t-shirts, hand-outs, etc.

So who is coming to the Piru, CA Appleseed August 23-24, 2008 and have you pre-reg'ed yet?   ;D ;D ;D This event has a 50 shooter

capacity limit, so make sure you reserve your place before it fills up!

Remember.....it costs $45 for one day and $70 for two days if you pre-reg and it now costs $50 for one day and $80 for two days if you

don't pre-reg.

P.S. Ammo that attracts a magnet is prohibited at this range.

See you at Piru!!!   Bob 210
If ye love wealth better than liberty,the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom,go home from us.We ask not your counsels or arms.Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you.May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen. SA

Cal 7.62

As much as I would like to meet our fearless leader, Fred (if he so chooses to grace us with his presence) and enjoy a much cooler climate at the Santa Barbara AS, I'm pretty sure I'll be returning to Piru for the Aug. AS event. I've got my brother and neighbor talked into it and quite possibly a client from work. I'll have to work on him a little though. Do you think anyone would be interested in AS flyers at a rock concert? I'm going to the Ojai Rockfest tomorrow, I'll wear my AS shirt and if anyone asks I'll hand them a flyer. Who knows maybe I can convert a liberal! Woo Hoo!   
"Let us therefore rely upon the goodness of the Cause, and the aid of the Supreme Being, in whose hands Victory is, to animate and encourage us to great and noble actions - The Eyes of all our countrymen are now upon us..." - George Washington

Fred

Quote...it is a program to help restore America to its foundational goodness through remembering about 4/19/1775 and fundamental marksmanship training.

Heck of a good way of stating it, Arc.

A reminder: for the rest of the year, the ladies are FREE.

No point in keeping it a secret. In fact, the idea is to find out if it boosts attendance, when guys can bring girl friends/spouses along with them. Show us the way, California.
"Ready to eat dirt and sweat bore solvent?" - Ask me how to become an RWVA volunteer!

"...but he that stands it now, deserves the thanks of man and woman alike..."   Paine

"If you can read this without a silly British accent, thank a Revolutionary War veteran" - Anon.

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again" - Thomas Paine

What about it, do-nothings? You heard the man, jump on in...

kool aid

Quote from: Arc on July 12, 2008, 10:33:36 PM
Fred, I shall remind the peeps about the ladies thing next time I pass around flyers. I don't have many left, so I shall procure more at the next appleseed (23/24) and go from there.

Oh by the way, if you show up to that date of appleseed, I shall initiate a challenge: shoot rifleman withOUT a sling. Oh, and bring an SKS/AK 7.62x39, and i'll score rifleman with that.

*hurries off to practice dry fires*
kid, I got the rifle you can try it with.  and if anyone can do it, I think it is you. Did you want that with or without tech sights?

Take a moment and remember the kind of man you chose to be when you got yourself out of that last scrape. Maybe you prayed that you would be different if he delivered you. Maybe you found hope here you thought unreachable. Do not concern yourself with anything 'els THAT. Make the mission first.

Francis Marion

KA, before you grant this Sawyer-esque boon, make sure he shows you his sore toe. ;)

SavageShootr

Quote from: Fred on July 12, 2008, 09:52:36 PM

A reminder: for the rest of the year, the ladies are FREE.

No point in keeping it a secret. In fact, the idea is to find out if it boosts attendance, when guys can bring girl friends/spouses along with them. Show us the way, California.

Hey Fred,

We were at the Santa Barbara Gun Show a couple of weekends back and that very thing boosted interest, now to see if it boosts attendence.

~SS
"Listen to everyone, read everything, and don't believe anything unless you can prove it."' B.C.
"It isn't like it is life or death...it is more important than that." MrPete

Francis Marion

Help please-
If anybody has extra LTRs or any 22 rifle that they're willing to loan to new shooters for this Appleseed, would you mind bringing them?  I have several prospective attendees who do not own rifles.  I can outfit some, but not all. 
I've told prospective attendees that, if they bring 22 ammo, loaner rifles might be found for them. 
The free aspect of this shoot for ladies is attracting a lot of interest.
Thanks folks,
-FM