News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Sunday, Dec 9, BattleRoadUSA, Davilla, Texas: All Distance All Day Field Day

Started by floydf, September 26, 2012, 09:52:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

floydf

Davilla, Texas: Instructor All Distance All Day Sunday Field Day

Instructors and Rifleman, harken.  Sunday, December 9 we will spend in the glorious fields of Davilla honing our marksmanship skills at 100, 200, 300 and (yes) 400 yards, for a full Rifleman's Quarter Mile.

When: Sunday December 9, 2012

Where: Davilla, Texas (BattleRoadUSA)

What: All Distance, All Day Sunday

The course of fire will be:

In the morning:

- 25 rounds for zeros on squares at 25m
- verify distance zero at 300 with 5 rounds
- two full distance AQTs

In the afternoon:
- 25 rounds for zeros on squares at 25m (for those with second rifles, or needing to get back on paper)
- verify distance zero at 300 with 5 rounds
- two full distance AQTs.

What you need to bring:
- up to two centerfire rifles
- 250 rounds of the same brand of ammo (with the same zero)
- cold lunch

If you need a rifle, PM me, I bet we can find some loaners (but you will need to provide your own ammo).

Event starts at 8.45 am with a range briefing, and with rounds going
down range by 9 am.

The day will be done with cars leaving by 5 pm.  This is a one day
event, and will start on time and end on time for those folks driving
a couple of hours to get here.  Please do not be late.

Signup will be through EventBrite.  This event will be limited to
fifteen slots. 

For more information, PM me (floydf).
"The Second Amendment is a doomsday provision, one designed for those exceptionally rare circumstances where all other rights have failed — where the government refuses to stand for reelection and silences those who protest; where courts have lost the courage to oppose, or can find no one to enforce their decrees. However improbable these contingencies may seem today, facing them unprepared is a mistake a free people get to make only once."

Kozinski, dissent in Silveira v. Lockyer

wcmartin1

Sounds good, Floyd.

I'll be there with my M1A if I can get off work that weekend.

Where do we sign up?

Git-R-Done!  :---

"Unhappy it is, though, to reflect that a brother's sword has been sheathed in a brother's breast and that the once-happy and peaceful plains of America are either to be drenched with blood or inhabited by a race of slaves.  Sad alternative!  But can a virtuous man hesitate in his choice?" - George Washington - from a letter to a close friend after the events of April 19, 1775

"There is no nation on earth powerful enough to accomplish our (the United States) overthrow.  Our destruction, should it come at all, will be from another quarter.  From the inattention of the people to the concerns of their government, from their carelessness and negligence, I must confess that I do apprehend some danger.  I fear that they may place too implicit a confidence in their public servants, and fail properly to scrutinize their conduct; that in this way they may be made the dupes of designing men, and become the instruments of their own undoing." - Daniel Webster, June 1, 1837

floydf

Quote from: wcmartin1 on September 27, 2012, 01:27:45 AM

Where do we sign up?

Git-R-Done!  :---

We'll have a link on EventBrite, which usually takes about a week to get posted.

See you there.

Floyd
"The Second Amendment is a doomsday provision, one designed for those exceptionally rare circumstances where all other rights have failed — where the government refuses to stand for reelection and silences those who protest; where courts have lost the courage to oppose, or can find no one to enforce their decrees. However improbable these contingencies may seem today, facing them unprepared is a mistake a free people get to make only once."

CaptG

"If you will not fight for the right when you can easily win without bloodshed; if you will not fight when your victory will be sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a small chance of survival. There may even be a worse case: you may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves."
Winston Churchill

Two Wolves

When and where are we going to be able to sign up for this event?  :-\
A moral compass provides a basis for making decisions; an action is good or bad, right or wrong when viewed in the light of the individual's moral bearing. If no moral compass exists for the individual, then decisions and actions are made on the basis of purely subjective thoughts. This leads to "If it makes me happy, or makes me feel good, or if it's something I simply want to do, then it is right and good."

floydf

I have a request in to add to the schedule, but have not yet heard back.  I will post as soon as I hear.

floydf

reliable

Two Wolves

Just signed up!  :~  Now, if the weather will just cooperate.  :P  ~ Two Wolves  :cool2:
A moral compass provides a basis for making decisions; an action is good or bad, right or wrong when viewed in the light of the individual's moral bearing. If no moral compass exists for the individual, then decisions and actions are made on the basis of purely subjective thoughts. This leads to "If it makes me happy, or makes me feel good, or if it's something I simply want to do, then it is right and good."

scuzzy

Quote from: Two Wolves on October 14, 2012, 09:59:49 PM
Just signed up!  :~  Now, if the weather will just cooperate.  :P  ~ Two Wolves  :cool2:

Me too. I'm was kinda hoping for rain though. And sleet, hail, and snow.
An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.

TimBeatty

Tim Beatty

Stitz

Just signed up.... looking forward to it!

Thanks again, Floyd for putting this together.

--Stitz

Green Bean

technoronin

Sounds like a lot of fun, but I don't meet the minimum requirements.  Yet.

Reddot

Technoronin,
Come to Davilla this weekend, shoot a rifleman score, take an orange hat, minimum requirement met.
See how easy that was?

Two Wolves

Quote from: Reddot on October 16, 2012, 12:21:51 PM
Technoronin,
Come to Davilla this weekend, shoot a rifleman score, take an orange hat, minimum requirement met.
See how easy that was?

Same answer--- different location  FREDERICKSBURG O0

technoronin

Davilla is less than 1&1/2 hours away if I don't make any wrong turns and I've been there often enough that I usually don't make more than 1 wrong turn...

Also, the folks there have been so supportive over the past months that I want to see them get the satisfaction from me qualifying there.

Reddot

Clearly we want to see you in Davilla, but in fairness to Two Wolves, Fredericksburg's a great range with great people as well--if I wasn't coming to Davilla, I'd be heading there instead.
As long as you're 'seeding, you're doing good.  Hope to see you this weekend.
Chuck

CaptG

I'm signed up! Got to work on a few things. My appendix declared war on the rest of me last week & didn't come out without a fight. Some extra motivation here to get me back up to speed.
G
"If you will not fight for the right when you can easily win without bloodshed; if you will not fight when your victory will be sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a small chance of survival. There may even be a worse case: you may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves."
Winston Churchill

Two Wolves

CaptG, hope you have a speedy recovery. You can use this down time wisely by planning your assault on the 100, 200, 300 and 400yd targets. Yours in Liberty, Two Wolves

floydf

I understand that Two Wolves will have Real D Targets (with 3 rings) available for a nominal contribution.  Rodger, can you confirm and add details?

floydf

Boy am I going to be glad when I am no longer a Junior Member!

It makes me feel like putting on a pair of shorts and a ball cap.

Edheler

Quote from: floydf on October 19, 2012, 11:02:55 PM
Boy am I going to be glad when I am no longer a Junior Member!

It makes me feel like putting on a pair of shorts and a ball cap.

Congrats on your full member status! :P

Two Wolves

Congratulatitons Floyd on your promotion to full member!  **)   

Quote from: floydf on October 19, 2012, 10:58:01 PM
I understand that Two Wolves will have Real D Targets (with 3 rings) available for a nominal contribution.  Rodger, can you confirm and add details?

Floyd, that's correct. I will have with me 150 full size targets. I made the initial investment so that we could have access to them. They are $2.00 ea.  You can buy 1 or more. The overall target size is 36" x 36". The thing that I see that will be the most beneficial about these targets other than the three ring is that we will mount them a little higher on the backer boards and that should help with the terrian problem at Davilla in the prone position. Also the amount of three ring at the botton is a significant amount. The four and five will be more visible than they were on that dark plywood.

See you in December, Two Wolves

TimBeatty

Tim Beatty

CaptG

Two Wolves,
I'd like to get 5 of them. I'm going to see about making or having a re useable stencil made to be able to make more. I've been trying to locate one for a while.
G
Winston Churchill

Two Wolves

Quote from: timbeatty on October 20, 2012, 12:55:57 PM
Are the backers for the target big enough for these targets?

I went back and looked at the pictures of the target line. I believe they will fit ok, however we my want to be a little picky as to which ones we choose to take over to the kd range. ~ Two Wolves

Quote from: CaptG on October 20, 2012, 10:13:27 PM
Two Wolves,
I'd like to get 5 of them. I'm going to see about making or having a re useable stencil made to be able to make more. I've been trying to locate one for a while.
G

Thanks CaptG.~Two Wolves

spitstickler

I'd like to purchase 2 or 3 of the targets as well if you have enough.  Although I do have the same question as Tim. How do we plan to support them? Do we need to build our own backer?
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work."  -Thomas Edison

TimBeatty

I would like to buy a few targets also, thanks for getting the targets and offering them to us.
Tim Beatty

Green Bean

Quote from: timbeatty on October 22, 2012, 05:33:40 PM
I would like to buy a few targets also, thanks for getting the targets and offering them to us. I can build my own backer that would get it higher off the ground. Last time with the repair centers some of us could not even see below the black part of the target.

You only need the black part, your not supposed to shoot the white.

I might have to bring out the M1A this time.