News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Sunday, Dec 9, BattleRoadUSA, Davilla, Texas: All Distance All Day Field Day

Started by floydf, September 26, 2012, 09:52:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spitstickler

Floyd is the Shoot Boss for this event. Send him a PM and/or email in case he doesn't check back on this thread. You should be good to go. Looking at eventbrite, it's $35 for non-instructors.

Look forward to seeing you there!
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work."  -Thomas Edison

BobbyM.

If those 2 spots that opened up are still available i might be able to make it based on whether or not i can find a ride, since i cant drive myself yet.

LabRat

Dang, I'll be working this weekend, but put some holes in the v-ring for me. I will be there in Feb. though!
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it.

Thomas Paine

wcmartin1

"Unhappy it is, though, to reflect that a brother's sword has been sheathed in a brother's breast and that the once-happy and peaceful plains of America are either to be drenched with blood or inhabited by a race of slaves.  Sad alternative!  But can a virtuous man hesitate in his choice?" - George Washington - from a letter to a close friend after the events of April 19, 1775

"There is no nation on earth powerful enough to accomplish our (the United States) overthrow.  Our destruction, should it come at all, will be from another quarter.  From the inattention of the people to the concerns of their government, from their carelessness and negligence, I must confess that I do apprehend some danger.  I fear that they may place too implicit a confidence in their public servants, and fail properly to scrutinize their conduct; that in this way they may be made the dupes of designing men, and become the instruments of their own undoing." - Daniel Webster, June 1, 1837

perdurabo

I had an excellent time and look forward to doing it again.  See you all in February for the Zombie Apocalypse shoot!

Pistolgrip

Great Shoot! First Time I have shot a slinged rifle past 25m...Chuck run's a strong line...Glad we had several camping, good and sometimes entertaining conversation Sat. evening...Dan  **)
"Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." ~ Mark Twain

spitstickler

It was a good weekend. Thanks Floyd for setting this up, and thanks to Chuck and Scout for running a great event. It was nice meeting a lot of new people from around the state that I'd only known by a forum name and profile pic.

Next time someone in Dallas asks me how long it takes to get to Davilla, I have a new answer for them. 14hrs. :D
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work."  -Thomas Edison

Two Wolves

What a great way to wind up another year of Appleseeding! Thank you Scout  O0 for hosting this event and all the work you put in the range. Just when you think you have everything you could want or need at a camping/shooting event, you realize  #), 3hrs too  late  %)  that you forgot your shooting mat. :wb:  Chuck to the rescue! ^:)^  Boy, I'd been in a pickle with all those stickers without it! Thank you Chuck. :bow:  As always, It's a pleasure to be in the company of Texas's finest men. :)    Yours in liberty, Two Wolves  :cool2:

:pop:
A moral compass provides a basis for making decisions; an action is good or bad, right or wrong when viewed in the light of the individual's moral bearing. If no moral compass exists for the individual, then decisions and actions are made on the basis of purely subjective thoughts. This leads to "If it makes me happy, or makes me feel good, or if it's something I simply want to do, then it is right and good."

drip drop

All, fantastic weekend!  Very good to meet those of you I'd yet to cross paths with, and glad to see familiar faces too.  I'm still smiling from the sound of all those centerfire rifles.  Had yet to fire past 200 yards, so I learned a lot to boot.

Reddot

Thanks all for a great weekend!!
I enjoyed it immensely; I'll get the scores posted this week and get an IAAR up.
A Merry Christmas to you all; I'm looking forward to seeing all of you on the trail next year!
Chuck

wcmartin1

Quote from: Reddot on December 11, 2012, 09:01:36 AM
Thanks all for a great weekend!!
I enjoyed it immensely; I'll get the scores posted this week and get an IAAR up.
A Merry Christmas to you all; I'm looking forward to seeing all of you on the trail next year!
Chuck

Chuck,

Thanks for stepping up as SB for a very well-run and enjoyable shoot!

Next time we need to work it out where you can get some trigger time as well.

Here's wishing a very Merry Christmas to you also, Sir!

For Liberty,

Bill
"Unhappy it is, though, to reflect that a brother's sword has been sheathed in a brother's breast and that the once-happy and peaceful plains of America are either to be drenched with blood or inhabited by a race of slaves.  Sad alternative!  But can a virtuous man hesitate in his choice?" - George Washington - from a letter to a close friend after the events of April 19, 1775

"There is no nation on earth powerful enough to accomplish our (the United States) overthrow.  Our destruction, should it come at all, will be from another quarter.  From the inattention of the people to the concerns of their government, from their carelessness and negligence, I must confess that I do apprehend some danger.  I fear that they may place too implicit a confidence in their public servants, and fail properly to scrutinize their conduct; that in this way they may be made the dupes of designing men, and become the instruments of their own undoing." - Daniel Webster, June 1, 1837

Two Wolves

Live--from Davilla Texas!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jg10DbCXgHk&feature=g-crec-u

The line is --- HOT!
A moral compass provides a basis for making decisions; an action is good or bad, right or wrong when viewed in the light of the individual's moral bearing. If no moral compass exists for the individual, then decisions and actions are made on the basis of purely subjective thoughts. This leads to "If it makes me happy, or makes me feel good, or if it's something I simply want to do, then it is right and good."

Stitz

Good times this past weekend, was great to meet everyone!

Here's a view from the other side of the line.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eUfxRbJLF0g

scuzzy

An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.

ItsanSKS

Quote from: Two Wolves on December 12, 2012, 01:09:58 PM
100 yd standing----LIVE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUiKLGje42s&feature=youtu.be

:cool2:

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT         PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT       PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT         PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT
At approximately 2:00, the shooter in the foreground does something extremely unsafe: chambers and fires a round without the rifle's magazine in place.

Since there never was an IAAR for the event in question, just take my word for the fact that the only serious injury that I've ever heard of happening at an Appleseed event, took place when an instructor fired a rifle without it's magazine in, and an OOB (Out Of Battery) discharge occurred.  Shrapnel that otherwise might have been captured (or at least minimized) in the magazine instead sprayed out of the open magazine well.  This resulted in severe trauma to the support arm, which was, you guessed it- directly under the rifle.  Would the magazine have limited/negated this damage? We'll never know for sure, but why risk it?  It is EASIER to single load an AR with an empty magazine in place, than it is to attempt single-loading without it in place. 

END PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT

PS:  Looks like a great group of shooters, and I expect y'all had a bunch of fun!
"Those who would trade an ounce of liberty for an ounce of safety deserve neither."

"To save us both time in the future... how about you give me the combo to your safe and I'll give you the pin number to my bank account..."

floydf

"The Second Amendment is a doomsday provision, one designed for those exceptionally rare circumstances where all other rights have failed — where the government refuses to stand for reelection and silences those who protest; where courts have lost the courage to oppose, or can find no one to enforce their decrees. However improbable these contingencies may seem today, facing them unprepared is a mistake a free people get to make only once."

Kozinski, dissent in Silveira v. Lockyer

Pistolgrip

Thank You ItsanSKS for mentioning that...I have never been warned of that before...Good to know.   :-[
"Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." ~ Mark Twain

CaptG

Thanks to all who got this going. It was a truly educational day. It was great to see all of you I haven't see in a while and to meet those I've only known through the forum till now.
Till the next time,
G
"If you will not fight for the right when you can easily win without bloodshed; if you will not fight when your victory will be sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a small chance of survival. There may even be a worse case: you may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves."
Winston Churchill

Reddot

Guys,
Sorry it took so long to get this up; hadn't planned on spending half the week out of town for work.
The IAAR is posted.  We had 8 qualify at distance!
I didn't get targets for everyone, but this is what I have:
ZonkerTX: 215
Stitz: 207-229-215
Spitstickler: 209-211-213--each score with a different rifle--Way to go!!
Tim Beatty: 140-200-182--great job Tim, ya made it!
Perdurabo: 193-219-223--Robert, all you're missing is an Orange hat; we need to fix that!!
CaptG: 167-143-135
DripDrop: 145-151-177
PistolGrip:205
wmmartin1: 193-218-234--Bill takes 'high' honors for the day!
twowolves: 165-201-202--A special thanks to you Rodger for bringing the targets!
A good showing by everyone.  We need to do this again, and soon.  I'll discuss with Scout--maybe after we get done killing all the Zombies on the 23rd of February.  For those of you who aren't aware, check out www.battleroadusa.com.
Merry Christmas guys, looking forward to seeing all of you on the trail next year.
Chuck

zonkertx

Wow!  215?  Was the 195 I scored it another one of my public math episodes?
(more than likely)

Reddot

Quote from: zonkertx on December 18, 2012, 08:04:26 PM
Wow!  215?  Was the 195 I scored it another one of my public math episodes?
(more than likely)

Yep, I had to wonder about all your scribbling  &)