News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Promotional Opportunities (Kane County Sportman's Show)

Started by Karl, September 07, 2012, 07:05:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Karl

OK folks we are nearing Gun Show season. We have a table reserved at the Kane County Sportman's Show all season. The show is located in St. Charles, IL at the Kane County Fairgrounds.

The 2012 Dates are on the following Sundays: Volunteers in red

October 14 th
December 9th  Prairie Eagle, Stonn

2013 dates are on the following Sundays:

January 13  32 Clicks High, Yogi, Boo Boo (No more volunteers needed for January..Thank You)
February 10  2 Clicks, Kelso
March 17  32 Clickshigh
April 14
May 12

I'm asking for volunteers to help work any of these dates..... :sos:..... The Gun Show hours are from 7:30 AM until 1:30 PM.

With the exception of 3 instances last season I worked these tables myself. I don't mind in doing so but the problem is one person can only talk to so many people or make a limited number of connections during a show. Any of you that have worked shows before know that the show patrons will almost always stop and listen at a table to pick up on an existing conversation between booth operator and patron. This is where having a second or even a third person would be helpful in talking to more people and delivering the message. This in turn should provide a better chance of getting more people to the shoots.

Never worked a show before?.....Are you a little intimidated initiating contact with a show patron?.....It's easier than you think.......I can show you how.

Those of you that live in the upper portion of the state, by that I mean the greater Chicagoland area, reply to this post on what dates you would like to help.....It's only half of a Sunday and you get the chance to hone your sales skills.....

These skills are beneficial to you other than using at an AS event. For example, developing these conversational skills could help you win an argument with your significant other.. !@#).....or.......verbally out maneuver your teenage child into submission.. :wb:..or......... convincing your boss you are really worth twice as much as you're getting paid.. :cool2:........OK I may be over hyping what you could accomplish with these new found skills but I will say one thing that working Gun shows or other promotional events does not help with your typing ability or help maintain that perfect indent on your seat cushion...... ;)

One last item I'd like to point out is that you do not have to work the AS table 100% of the time. You will have opportunities to venture out and look at what the other vendors have to offer. Who knows, you may find that little treasure you've been looking for.  :)  Normally you would have to pay a whole $5 to attend the show, but if you are working the show you get in for FREE. Yes I said (or typed) FREE and the last I checked free is good. Or you could look at it this way; when you work a shoot you get paid zero dollars, you're volunteering right. In contrast working the Kane County Sportman's show you are there for 6 hours for a free admission to the show. So you are essentially getting paid 83 cent per hour. It's not minumum wage but it's more than working a shoot. >:D

The address to the fairgrounds:

The Kane County Sportsman's Show is held in the heated Kane County Fairgrounds buildings west of St. Charles, IL at:
525 S. Randall Road between Route 64 (North Ave.) and Route 38 (Roosevelt Road). 

Remember promotions are fun.....or at least it isn't painful......Please let me know if you have any questions or if you are interested in working another show. There are several opportunities in the Northern portion of the state, but I can't be at all of them.

As always, I'll bring the doughnuts.

Thanks,

Karl
"corruptissima re publica plurimae leges."
"Si hoc legere potes nimium eruditionis habes."

Karl

32clickshigh

Karl, will you be at the Waterman shoot in October?  If so, I will bring you a list of dates that I am available to assist in any way that I can.

Karim

Karl

Yes Ill be @ the waterman AS on Oct. 6&7...Look forward to seeing you there.

Any other takers........There is also other opportunities if someone would like to take the lead at another location...(In case you don't want to hang out with me all day.)  :'(

If you're interessted let me know.

Thanks,

Karl

2 clicks low

Can't make Oct 14.

Dec 9 is muzzle loading season, Bambi awaits.   :---

Maybe January. Let you know as it gets closer.

2cl
"Semper Fritos" 1st. Chicago Chairborne

Prairie Eagle

No go Oct 14th as well (I have another shooting commitment with some friends and community). But please pencil me in for Dec 9th, if I can spend an hour checking the place out on my own (ain't been there before).

Karl

Great.....No problem looking around. I do the same each show....

Thanks,

Karl

32clickshigh

Karl,

Spoke to my wife... I am in for the January date.

Karim

Karl

Stonn

Karl

Karl

2 clicks low

Sign me up for Feb. 10, 2013
Err....whats the dress code? Shooting Coat? Little Black Dress? Tails?
2cl
"Semper Fritos" 1st. Chicago Chairborne

Prairie Eagle

Quote from: 2 clicks low on November 05, 2012, 11:32:00 AM
2cl

Thanks, the mental image I just formed of you in a little black dress will now need some therapy to get cleared and if you so, please don't think  :pics:. It's perfectly fine without them  ;D

Buzzbie

Quote from: Prairie Eagle on November 05, 2012, 12:17:56 PM
Quote from: 2 clicks low on November 05, 2012, 11:32:00 AM
2cl

Thanks, the mental image I just formed of you in a little black dress will now need some therapy

The best therapy is shooting an AQT!

Yogi

Boo boo and I will help on 1-13. Put us next to the army booth to keep him entertained.lol

Karl

The dress code for promotional events would include, but not limited to:

Your Appleseed T-Shirt....What ever color you choose.
Your Shoot Jacket...This is helpfull in the cooler months whenever a breeze from a door is present.
Your RWVA hat.
Clean pants. (No skirt unless your gender makes this socially acceptable..(Read women) Kilts are optional :)

After reading 2 Clicks post I though it would be important to clearly define what to wear. This is so no guy shows up in a little black dress and I then become scarred for life. :shootself:

Thanks Guys for volunteering.

Karl

32clickshigh

Karl,

Should I reach out to you 1 week prior to ensure that I am there on time and can pickup any items that might be necessary? PM me and I can send you my cell # and email address.

Karim

Yogi

Karl,
We won't make the 13th. Work to busy. Will try and do future one.

Karl

No worries Yogi...Feeding your family comes first.........Next Time.

Kelso

"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men."
― Samuel Adams

"No people will tamely surrender their Liberties, nor can any be easily subdued, when knowledge is diffused and virtue is preserved. On the Contrary, when People are universally ignorant, and debauched in their Manners, they will sink under their own weight without the Aid of foreign Invaders."
― Samuel Adams

Karl

Karl

BTT.

I could use a hand this weekend......I know it's last minute notice....I really need to get on this forum more often... :slap: