News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

New indoor range in Urbana

Started by Mamba, April 10, 2013, 05:57:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mamba

...Was at a gunshot wound course the other night, and heard that Urbana is about to get an indoor range - opening in September-ish, barring no complications.  The guy behind the project was there as an attendee, and answered questions (yours truly had a few, and you bet I put Appleseed out there for future discussion!).   Looks like they'll have both handgun/rifle capability, ten lanes, and possibly a simulator of some sort.  Don't know that it will be big enough for a 'typical' Appleseed, but certainly something to put on the radar for possibilities!

Those of you in Champaign County - action alert!  :sos:  These guys are going before the County Zoning Board on April 25th at 7 p.m. and could use some support - whether you can go in person or can take a minute to write a letter, it would be wonderful to have a little support from the community for these folks. 

The Champaign County Zoning Board meets at the Brookens building at 1717 East Washington in Urbana - the entrance is the one off the parking lot to the rear/north.  The agenda for the meeting should be up soon at http://www.co.champaign.il.us/COUNTYBD/zbaagenda.htm#zba  I spoke with a very nice fella by the name of Andy at (217)384-3708 who was able to answer a few basic questions for me about the meeting and confirm that this was indeed on the docket.  Proposed location is North of Urbana right off Route 45; 1414 Triumph Drive if I wrote it down correctly.

Letters of support can be sent to: 

Champaign County Zoning Board of Appeals
1717 East Washington
Urbana, IL 61802

Email: zoningdept@co.champaign.il.us

The guy behind it is named Marcus Harris, and he is working with Tim Murray of the Morrigan Company in Champaign - so if you're interested, watch the website at www.themorrigancompany.com for updates as things firm up. 

"And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him." - Revelations 6:8

2 clicks low

Gun shot wound course?

Is this available to the tipical shoot boss off the street? If so when is the next course and how much does it cost.

Inquiring minds want to know.

2cl
"Semper Fritos" 1st. Chicago Chairborne

Mamba

...It was an awesome course, and yes, open to anyone.  I think they do it two or three times a year - Be worth the trip down here to the sticks! :-)  Look on the Morrigan website (in the post).  I don't know if he might do it somewhere else as a guest instructor? 

*Edit* Oh, and cheep cheep cheep for the value of instruction - $50.  Worth twice that and then some.  Rave over! :-)
"And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him." - Revelations 6:8