News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Seattle Area Ranges

Started by George Hacker, September 07, 2012, 02:15:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

George Hacker

Appleseed instructors, shooters, and fans,

The Seattle area needs to have Appleseed come to the neighborhood in a bad way.  We have connected with a range in Oak Harbor that looks like they will host a shoot or two for 2013.  Seattle is the largest concentration of people in the NW Region, so we need to start reaching out to ranges, gun clubs, and private property owners in the area to see if we can get some more event opportunities for 2013.

Let's use this thread to brainstorm and start the LBOTG (local boots on the ground) effort to make Appleseed more well known in the NW corner of the state. @@)

Thanks,

- ShadowMan
Tell your Pacific Northwest facebook friends to "like" and post in the Northwest Region Project Appleseed page.

"You can't miss fast enough..."  "Aim small, miss small."

albacore

I'll second that Seattle needs Appleseed in a major way.  Let me know if you need somebody to "gopher" in the area. 

JustInCase

Bazooka Joe

I don't live in the Seattle area, but the Snoqualmie Valley Rifle Club might be a good place to hold a shoot.  Their website also has a list and links to other ranges in the area: http://www.svrifle.com/documents/Debrief-Ranges-in-Central-Puget-Sound.pdf

RL

SVRC would be perfect, I have shot there as a guest, and shot CMP matches there as well. I have pitched it to the club President but he was really non-committal. I have been busy and missed their last several board meetings, which I otherwise would have attended.
...and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people.
John Adams, from the Boston Gazette, February 6, 1775

We live, my dear soul, in an age of trial. What will be the consequence, I know not.
John Adams in a letter to Abigail, 1774.

George Hacker

albacore and JustInCase,

Could you help us by attending board meetings at a few different ranges and letting us know how we could get on the agenda?  This is just the kind of footwork that would help us get Appleseed in the door.

If you could PM RL and me with the information you gather (when club meetings are held, where they are held, how to get on the agenda, etc.), then we can reach out and present what Project Appleseed is to the clubs.

- ShadowMan
Tell your Pacific Northwest facebook friends to "like" and post in the Northwest Region Project Appleseed page.

Kimber Custom

Is anyone a member of seattleguns.net? Might be a good way to drum up some local shooters/support.

albacore

SVRC sounds promising, the Snoqualmie Valley is really close to Seattle and Bellevue.  I'll go by and see if I can attend a meeting or two.  I'd like to go try out their range anyhow, I wasn't aware of it's existence.

George Hacker

Quote from: albacore on September 13, 2012, 11:42:50 PM
SVRC sounds promising, the Snoqualmie Valley is really close to Seattle and Bellevue.  I'll go by and see if I can attend a meeting or two.  I'd like to go try out their range anyhow, I wasn't aware of it's existence.

albacore,

Thanks for checking it out.  Please let me know how things develop.  At some point we would like to have Appleseed talk to the board of directors and the club membership about us and our mission.  We would like to get our name well known in the Seattle area and maybe a range will have an interest in hosting an Appleseed event.

- ShadowMan

mercman

I belong to the Cascade Shooting Foundation in Ravensdale WA.  I don't know if anyone has been contacted there or not but we have several formal ranges including a 600 YD that shooters must be qualified to use.

George Hacker

Quote from: mercman on October 08, 2012, 05:29:06 PM
I belong to the Cascade Shooting Foundation in Ravensdale WA.  I don't know if anyone has been contacted there or not but we have several formal ranges including a 600 YD that shooters must be qualified to use.

mercman,

I don't think we have contacted that range.  Thanks for bringing them to our attention.  Do you think the club/range membership is aware of Project Appleseed?  Think they would be willing to have an instructor come to a club meeting and give a brief presentation on Project Appleseed?

Is the following your website? http://www.cascadeshootingfacilities.org/

Thanks,

ShadowMan

Sez Eye

I'd be happy to approach the Paulsbo Sportsman's club to see if they would be amenable to holding a shoot, or even hosting a monthly shoot if it would help. I'm also interested in becoming an instructor if ya'll can point me in the right direction for training, etc.

George Hacker

Quote from: Sez Eye on October 14, 2012, 06:10:50 PM
I'd be happy to approach the Paulsbo Sportsman's club to see if they would be amenable to holding a shoot, or even hosting a monthly shoot if it would help. I'm also interested in becoming an instructor if ya'll can point me in the right direction for training, etc.

Sez Eye,

Thank you for your willingness to help.  I called Theophilus, the Washington State Coordinator, and let him know of your offer.

Concerning becoming an instructor, have you shot at an Appleseed event before?  If you would like to discuss the process I would be happy to discuss it with you via private messages (so this thread will stay focused on Seattle range development).

In liberty,

ShadowMan