News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

You've all read the story -here's the video

Started by Johnnyappleseed, August 29, 2012, 01:31:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johnnyappleseed

Here is the YouTube link:
http://youtu.be/7l7Enw9X_tg

Many of us have thought the short story "Sundown on Coffin rock was one of the best stories ever written .
The above link takes you to the video version of it .
Suprisingly I like it better than written version which I have read many times.

To the mods , feel free to delete or move if required .
Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.
Calvin Coolidge

LadyVetch

Wow!  I've never read the story before...

The saddest thing for me was my 13 yr son's response.... 
  I was surprised
  He wasn't

Is the ship already sunk?

LV

QuoteBlessed is the nation whose God is the LORD, the people he chose for his inheritance. From heaven the LORD looks down and sees all mankind; from his dwelling place he watches all who live on earth--he who forms the hearts of all, who considers everything they do. No king is saved by the size of his army; no warrior escapes by his great strength. A horse is a vain hope for deliverance; despite all its great strength it cannot save. But the eyes of the LORD are on those who fear him, on those whose hope is in his unfailing love, to deliver them from death and keep them alive in famine. We wait in hope for the LORD; he is our help and our shield. In him our hearts rejoice, for we trust in his holy name. May your unfailing love rest upon us, O LORD, even as we put our hope in you. (Psalms 33:12-22)
"If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our Country will stand in need of its experienced Patriots to prevent its ruin."  - Samuel Adams

Two Wolves

That was just a littlle TOO realistic for me. Thanks JA for sharing.~ Two Wolves
A moral compass provides a basis for making decisions; an action is good or bad, right or wrong when viewed in the light of the individual's moral bearing. If no moral compass exists for the individual, then decisions and actions are made on the basis of purely subjective thoughts. This leads to "If it makes me happy, or makes me feel good, or if it's something I simply want to do, then it is right and good."

yellowhousejake

I have removed my email from my profile to stop the mod reports. If you need a Libertyseed scheduled you will now have to contact me on the Libertyseed forum.

YHJ

Johnnyappleseed

I intialy read the story in Dillions "Blue Press" as you recall they did  did a story promoting AS .

For those  us who were discouraged after seeing or reading "sundown of coffin rock" The author has kindly provided a sequel titled "Sunrise at Coffin rock" .
While we AS need not be concerned with such a scenario as Appleseed is a vehicle for restoring liberty via the ballot box,the stories are thought provoking and realistic enough to motivate us even more to 7th step.

YHJ I sure agree , that guy ,like the rest of our nation sure needs Appleseed ! O0
wonder if his website allows for contact?
Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.
Calvin Coolidge

TaosGlock

Thanks for posting that JA!
I too read that years back in the DBP. A real spark igniter.
Sad indeed.
89 fantastic Appleseeds since 2008/24 Libertyseeds!
Adventure Camp Director/Current Lead Rifle Instructor: NRA WC Raton,NM
New Mexico's first Rifleman: Sept. 2008 NRAWC
Their walls are filled with cannonballs, their motto is don't tread on me-Grateful Dead
Liberty is not a cruise ship full of pampered passengers. It is a man of war and we are all crew-Boston T. Party
"Make no mistake, when you cheer for the people of the American Revolution, you are cheering for traitors and criminals.
They broke the law, because liberty is always illegal"- Larken Rose

Johnnyappleseed

For sure Dan

As I recall talking with you at the El Paso event , you have read everrything ! ;D 

I believe the 1st day you wore a "tyranny response team "shirt , I was so impressed as I had never seen one before but had heards lots of the great work this group did .

Day 2 you wore the famous " farmer with assault rifle shirt " which is now your avatar ^5 O0

Calvin Coolidge

scuzzy

After watching that video I realize I need to double my efforts. It is an all too real outcome of what may happen if the direction of this country doesn't change.
An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.

oladcock

I think history has shown if it's time to bury them, it's time to use them. I have high hopes with the present climate we're a long way from that. The alarms are ringing louder than ever......O.L.
"The price good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato 400BC

President Roswell Gun Club
AQT 246
WSMR 03-10 ... Sapper Steel
IBC 2018
KD Ft. Bliss Tx. 214  2019
IBC 2021

Roswell, NM
Carlsbad NM
El Paso Tx
Lubbock Tx
New Deal Tx
Levelland Tx
Alamogordo NM
Alburquerque NM
41 Lead Farm Tx

George Hacker

Quote from: oladcock on August 31, 2012, 12:33:38 PM
I think history has shown if it's time to bury them, it's time to use them. I have high hopes with the present climate we're a long way from that. The alarms are ringing louder than ever......O.L.

What oladcock said.

- ShadowMan
Tell your Pacific Northwest facebook friends to "like" and post in the Northwest Region Project Appleseed page.

"You can't miss fast enough..."  "Aim small, miss small."

Johnnyappleseed

I understand the creator of this excelent video is planning on doing the sequel as well .

AS is the only venue that can guarentee these short stories and video's remain in the fiction category .

Hopefully we can  look back at these stories in a decade or so and say thankfully  americans learned our freedoms and
changed the course of history .

Calvin Coolidge

TaosGlock

Quote from: Johnnyappleseed on September 07, 2012, 12:18:35 PM
I understand the creator of this excelent video is planning on doing the sequel as well .

AS is the only venue that can guarentee these short stories and video's remain in the fiction category .

Hopefully we can  look back at these stories in a decade or so and say thankfully  americans learned our freedoms and
changed the course of history .
Eggsactly! O0 O0
89 fantastic Appleseeds since 2008/24 Libertyseeds!
Adventure Camp Director/Current Lead Rifle Instructor: NRA WC Raton,NM
New Mexico's first Rifleman: Sept. 2008 NRAWC
Their walls are filled with cannonballs, their motto is don't tread on me-Grateful Dead
Liberty is not a cruise ship full of pampered passengers. It is a man of war and we are all crew-Boston T. Party
"Make no mistake, when you cheer for the people of the American Revolution, you are cheering for traitors and criminals.
They broke the law, because liberty is always illegal"- Larken Rose

Johnnyappleseed

Many of us who have read the provisions of international law know this story has a basis in fact regarding other disarmed nations.

it bears repeating ,Interntional Law states Rapist's, murderers, home invasion crews and every form of thug will be protected against gun violence.

it doesn't really say that --- the words are " The right to be free from gun violence"
although it doesnt take a great imagination to figure out who will be the "victims"

Lets use the film as motivation to further fill the lines and honor those who wrote the declaration and bill of rights .
Knowledge and promotion of these founding documents are a great defense and offense against the adoption of "international law"
Calvin Coolidge