News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

New Member Alert: albacore

Started by albacore, August 27, 2012, 08:51:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

albacore

Dear fellow shooters,

A few of you might remember meeting me as Brian A. at this weekend's Medical Lake shoot. 

I just wanted to drop a quick note mentioning how impressed I was with the efforts of all the attendees to shoot their best and the dedication displayed by the volunteers running the show. 

Everyone I met was an absolute pleasure to work with.  Special thanks to Jack Dolan for the use of Lone Pine Range too!

A little about myself: 

I'm a 33 years old building refrigeration / heating mechanic by trade, residing in Brier, Wa. 

I was introduced to Appleseed by reading James Wesley Rawles' "Survivalblog" 

I've been shooting for approximately 3 years, and Medical Lake was my second experience with Appleseed. 

My high score this weekend was 182 with the help of the wonderful instructors. 

My goal at this time is to earn a rifleman patch this year and contribute to the Project Appleseed any way possible.

Cheers!  Brian aka "albacore"

George Hacker

Brian,

Welcome to the Appleseed Forums.  I am George, aka ShadowMan.  I live in Battle Ground, WA and went to my first Appleseed just over a year ago.  The last year has been a blast.

Glad to hear you had a great time at Medical Lake.  I've worked with the instructors in NE Washington/western Idaho and they are great.  We have a special team of instructors in the Northwest Region.  Each of them is a dedicated volunteer with a servant's heart that wants to help people rediscover their heritage as Americans.  Your score of 182 is impressive.  You are knocking at the door of becoming a rifleman.  Remember to dry practice the six steps, your transitions, and reloading.  Persistence and dry practice is the key to success in marksmanship.

I mostly instruct in SW Washington and NW Oregon, but I have been known to travel from time to time.  I hope our paths cross at a future event.  Sadly there aren't any active Appleseed ranges in the Brier, Washington area.  We hope to have a range come on-line in Oak Harbor early next year and we always have an eye out looking for ranges or private property that would be willing to host an Appleseed.  Do you know of any ranges in your neighborhood?  If so, let me know.  I could put you in touch with a couple of instructors in the Seattle area if you would be interested in helping us get the Appleseed message out.

Welcome!

- ShadowMan

PS - If you are a Facebook user, a couple ways you could promote Appleseed in our area is to "like" our Northwest Region Project Appleseed (https://www.facebook.com/NorthwestRegionProjectAppleseed) and continue to tell your friends what an awesome time you had last weekend.
Tell your Pacific Northwest facebook friends to "like" and post in the Northwest Region Project Appleseed page.

"You can't miss fast enough..."  "Aim small, miss small."

albacore

Shadowman,

Thanks for the tips on dry practicing etc.  I live near the Kenmore gun range in Kenmore, Wa.  This would be an excellent place for an Appleseed if the owners are agreeable to the idea.  I believe they would if a qualified representative spoke with them.

albacore

RL

I haven't bothered with Kenmore. Some of their rules are not breakable by anyone. When I was a member I did not find anyone there particularly helpful with anything. I had very few positive experiences there. If you can set it up, I would come. It's only about 20 minutes from home for me.
...and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people.
John Adams, from the Boston Gazette, February 6, 1775

We live, my dear soul, in an age of trial. What will be the consequence, I know not.
John Adams in a letter to Abigail, 1774.

PATRIOT DRUM

Albacore,

We (My wife and I live in the same area in N. Seattle !! We are actually going to our second Appleseed this coming weekend in Ariel Wa. If you are a follower of the Survival Blog and Radio Free Redoubt, we should maybe hook up somewhere after work someday. I work in Lynnwood, the wifey in Everett. Good job with the 182 score !!!  O0 That's AWESOME !! We hope to be hitting that and more ourselves this weekend. We've been practicing out at a lake by us called Lake Roesinger. (spelling bad)....

Both ShadowMan and RL are FANTASTIC GUYS !! I would go out of my way to meet them !! They were some of our instructors at our first shoot.

Mike

albacore

RL,
I'll defer to your experiences with Kenmore as a former member.  I have heard others say the same, although  my personal experiences have been good
I suppose the worst they could do is say no.

albacore

Mike,
Thanks for your kind words and nice to meet you on the board.  I'd very much enjoy meeting in person as well.
I'm sure you both will have a great time in Ariel, I'm hoping to make Couer d alene as this will give me time to prepare.
Never shot at Roesiger, I'll have to check that out.
Brian aka albacore

RL

True, it couldn't hurt to ask, and all they can do is deny.
...and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people.
John Adams, from the Boston Gazette, February 6, 1775

We live, my dear soul, in an age of trial. What will be the consequence, I know not.
John Adams in a letter to Abigail, 1774.

George Hacker

Quote from: albacore on August 29, 2012, 02:49:43 AM
RL,
I'll defer to your experiences with Kenmore as a former member.  I have heard others say the same, although  my personal experiences have been good
I suppose the worst they could do is say no.

What RL said.  Also if the are unfamiliar with Project Appleseed, let us know.  We would be happy to tell them more about us and our mission to teach rifle marksmanship and about our American heritage.

- ShadowMan
Tell your Pacific Northwest facebook friends to "like" and post in the Northwest Region Project Appleseed page.

"You can't miss fast enough..."  "Aim small, miss small."