News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Request for comments on a history piece... link.

Started by Roland, August 08, 2012, 03:07:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roland

First, Obvious Plug: I've started writing a blog on my experiences in Appleseed, and basically anything I feel like writing about. The link is in my signature. Feedback Appreciated!

End Plug.

One of the original purposes of this blog was to provide a place to put some new history pieces I come up with and hopefully get some comments on them.

I finally worked up a piece on Nathan Hale, and posted it recently.

URL is: http://riflemanhistorian.wordpress.com/2012/08/08/nathan-hale-2/

Comments are pretty much the whole reason I put it up there, so please, give any advice you can.

I'd appreciate it if you do so in the comments section at the bottom of the blog, rather then me kicking off another thread of debate on here!

Thanks for your time,

Roland
The doorway to freedom is framed by the muskets that stood between a vision of of liberty and absolute anarchy at a place called Concord Bridge--Charlton Heston, 1997

"Be a man of principle. Fight for what you believe in. Keep your word. Live with integrity. Be brave. Believe in something bigger than yourself. Serve your country. Teach. Mentor. Give something back to society. Lead from the front. Conquer your fears. Be a good friend. Be humble and be self-confident. Appreciate your friends and family. Be a leader and not a follower. Be valorous on the field of battle. And take responsibility for your actions. Never forget those that were killed. And never let rest those that killed them." -- Major Douglas Zembiec

TruTenacity

BTT.

Roland told this story for the first time at Medical Lake this past weekend.  It's a keeper, folks.  Please click on the link, read the post, study Nathan Hale, make the story your own then give it a try.  It will be worth it.

TT
"We are fighting for our country, for posterity perhaps.  On the success of this campaign the happiness or misery of millions may depend."  Henry Knox

"Let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap if we faint not."  Galatians 6:9

Johnnyappleseed

Very good Sir

I have a song honoring Capt. Hale which in part says "On sept 15 1775 Capt hale entered the gallows and said these words as his last . I regret I have but one life to give for my country"

NH is a perfect example of the Heart of a Rifleman .
As Tru posted earlier , this research and story will be a welcome addition to our shoots  O0
Thanx Roland
Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.
Calvin Coolidge

Roland

Thanks for the bump, TruT.

I'm going to tweak this a bit, I used a slightly different ending when I gave it last weekend.

I'll keep ya'll appraised.

Roland
The doorway to freedom is framed by the muskets that stood between a vision of of liberty and absolute anarchy at a place called Concord Bridge--Charlton Heston, 1997

"Be a man of principle. Fight for what you believe in. Keep your word. Live with integrity. Be brave. Believe in something bigger than yourself. Serve your country. Teach. Mentor. Give something back to society. Lead from the front. Conquer your fears. Be a good friend. Be humble and be self-confident. Appreciate your friends and family. Be a leader and not a follower. Be valorous on the field of battle. And take responsibility for your actions. Never forget those that were killed. And never let rest those that killed them." -- Major Douglas Zembiec