News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Lapeer, MI LadySeed Aug 4-5, 2012

Started by BeeFree, August 04, 2012, 10:58:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BeeFree

Placeholder til it's over and the pics are downloaded!

But I really love shoots that produce a new riflewoman on the first AQT of the day...GO KIM!

BeeFree
Make Orwell Fiction Again!

Superheat

Just finished cleaning six rifles. Wheeeew. That's a new record for me in one night. Let's hope for some more rifle woman tomorrow.

Ovenmitt

What a great weekend!  This was my 2nd Ladyseed/Appleseed and I really enjoyed it, re-learned the basics (it was a year since last Ladyseed) -- and really enjoyed the shooting.  I had several difficult moments with my ammo and my rifle.  Many thanks ITB for the loaner rifle.   Thought things were looking up, and then the jams started again, along with a slamfire,  :'( and then more jams.   :wb:  Super grateful to Earth Mom for the new ammo!!!!  ^:)^  Things finally started coming together for me after that.  Did I mention that the rifle was so light that I didn't need to 'rest' during standing -- sweeet!   ^:)^

Aside from my shooting, it was great to see our youth IIT's in action this weekend.  Loved MadHatter's IMC on Saturday!!!   They both did a great job on instruction and as demo's.  Gibson gave an emotional 1st strike.

ITB

Great pics.

Swell - yet another person shooting one of my rifles better than I can...... :bow:
"I will either set my country free, or shed my last drop of blood to make her so." -  Dr. Joseph Warren

" ITB glides through the highways of the Midwest like a Velvet Fog, unfettered by mortal speed limits, leaving only the knowledge of American Heritage and Marksmanship (and a faint whiff of ghost pepper sauce) in his wake." - Oz

CF KD requal - Muenster, TX  11/25/23

Heritage Girl

I had a great time on Saturday.  I am sure it didn't hurt that I earned my first Rifle(wo)man's patch.   ^:)^  My kids were all so proud of me.  It was great.  Thanks so much to all the lady instructors who were there.  You were fantastic and I really enjoyed it.  It was great to spend the day with you all.  Wish I could have come back on Sunday, the pics look like you all had a lot of fun. 

Thanks too to Number 6 for the loaner guns and mats as well as to BeeFree for the elbow pads.  I really appreciate your generosity. 

number6

Quote from: intheburbs on August 06, 2012, 12:01:34 AM
Great pics.

Swell - yet another person shooting one of my rifles better than I can...... :bow:

I know exactly how you feel. 

number6
You still have a choice. You can still salvage your right to be individuals. Your rights to truth and free thought! Reject this false world of Number Two . . . reject it NOW!!
Number 6, The Prisoner, Episode 11 "A Change of Mind"

"To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them..." � Richard Henry Lee, "Letters from the Federal Farmer to the Republic"

"Rifles don't read" YellowHouseJake

"Lots of work?  Yup.  You wanna grow?  Suck it up, cupcake." - SteelThunder

Miki

WOW, what a weekend! I had an absolute blast. Let me consult my notebook for the best quote of the weekend.

"Bling even worked back then!" Spoken during the living history presentation after all the rings were explained as 'gifts' from the Jesuit for memorizing certain things. What can I say, you hear things at a Ladyseed that you don't when the 'guys' are around.

Faith, you ROCK girl. Even though you don't like pink.  #)

Kim, congrats! Nice shootin'!

Ovenmitt, you showed the persistence of a riflewoman with grace.

Kathy and Jennifer, thank you for being the club RSOs. Hope you had fun.

To the rest of you, hope you had fun and learned a thing or three. Hopefully we'll see you again soon as I was seeing some really impressive groups. Wouldn't it be nice if you could get to the end of the weekend and cut and paste your best stages together for one killer AQT?

Couple more things: Little Moose, thanks for the zucchini bread. You need to send me your recipe as yours is MUCH better than mine. And to the manslave crew: you guys are awesome. :bow:

Earthmom

Can you believe this is the first chance I had to check the AAR?

Ovenmitt????  You're going to have to change your name after you shoot Rifleman since you will then no longer be a cook!  Looking forward to seeing that. 

Congratulations once again Kim and I hope to see the rest of you at a future event.

I really enjoyed history from a woman's perspective and was very appreciative of all the help from the men folk.