News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

PIRU, CA AAR - July 21/22, 2012

Started by gonejohnny, July 22, 2012, 10:27:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gonejohnny

Another fine weekend in Piru! Sunshine, sweat, stories, teamwork, marksmanship and FAMILIES abound!

Paul & his kids Robert and Danielle were a pleasure, and although Robert couldn't quite get it together to come back on Sunday - Paul & Danielle stuck it out and showed tremendous improvement throughout the weekend.

Bart (a prior Piru Appleseed'er from back in 09) brought his son Sera and bonded over marksmanship and history over on the left side of the line!

College professor, Dave brought his home-schooled grandchildren Asher & Caleb out for the weekend and were a wonderful inspiration to us all. 7 and 10-years of age, both were able to consistently ring that bell we've got placed way down range!

John was back for more this weekend. If we can just keep that rifle functioning long enough through the timed stages - we're sure to see a RM score by the end of Summer! Same for Dave, Gary & Peter!

Thanks to Dano, GratefulDog, Foppish Dandy & MrB for letting me hang out and for them putting on such wonderful shoot! Watching those that come to our lines and wake up throughout the course of a weekend make it all worth the while!

Till next time...

Rock & Roll,
- GoneJohnny

gratefuldog

"Every Appleseed is the best one ever!"
                                Gonejohnny, Piru 7/12

"Truth."
     Gratefuldog, Piru 7/12

MR B (549)

Fantastic weekend ... It was great to hang with the instructors . I am learning so much from teaching!!!!!
Although it was a hot one everyone did so well and it was heartwarming  to see the enthusiastic young folk gettin down in the dust .

Great job with the story Foppish ......Looking forward to seeing some pictures

In a time of universal deceit,
telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
George Orwell

ai6pg

Indeed a fantastic weekend.
I really appreciate the work of the instructors who made this happen.

One of the last fine pieces of advise provided was dry practice.

If we spend 20 minutes a day practicing standing to sitting, standing to prone and also practice the 63 steps to making a shot dry and at our local range, perhaps next time we may shoot our needed AQT score to make Rifleman.

Huzzah to the Red Hats! Hazzah
Peter Grace  AI6PG
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Rifle Instructor
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
NRA Range Safety Officer

MR B (549)

Yes Dry firing is something we all do and should be doing ....Remember shooting/marksmanship is a perishable skill and the more we practice the more we improve and stay on top of our game!!! Keep at it boss!!!
In a time of universal deceit,
telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
George Orwell

MtnJohn

Thank you to all the fine folks who made this past weekend's Appleseed such a fun and rewarding experience.  Dano, GoneJohnny, Foppish, GratefulDog, and MrB - thanks again for all the knowledge that you fellas pass on.  I really appreciate the patience and constant support that you instructors provide.

Foppish - thanks a ton for letting me use your rifle.  But sorry that I couldnt bang out a 210 with it.

To my fellow riflemen in training - it was a pleasure to be shooting alongside all of you.  I hope to shoot with all of you again soon.  I also want a second chance at those golf balls because I think I could do a lot better.

I really enjoyed ending the weekend with that John Adams quote - those words are still echoing in my head.  Great job with sending that message home.

Thanks again,
John

Foppish Dandy

Well, better late than never, right?

As Johnny said, it was quite the family-friendly weekend... I was excited to see so many families boding by celebrating the liberties that the Founders sacrificed so much to preserve.

We saw great improvement throughout the weekend, even in our younger attendees, and by Tuesday there were a few shooters well on their way to hitting that score.

If you're on Facebook, please take some time to head over to our local Facebook page, give us a "Like" and tag yourself in some photos: facebook.com/SoCalAppleseed

Now for what I'm sure you've all been waiting for...

PICTURES!!!
Day 1 - Part 1
Foppish Dandy, Mr. Dandy, Señor Dandy, Capt'n Dandy

Please take a moment to visit and "Like" the Southern California Project Appleseed Facebook Page.

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin (Notes for a proposition at the Pennsylvania Assembly, 1775)

"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom — go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!"
- Samuel Adams (Speech, State House of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, August 1, 1776)

Foppish Dandy

Day 1 - Part 2

Please take a moment to visit and "Like" the Southern California Project Appleseed Facebook Page.

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin (Notes for a proposition at the Pennsylvania Assembly, 1775)

"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom — go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!"
- Samuel Adams (Speech, State House of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, August 1, 1776)

Foppish Dandy

Day 1 - Part 3

Foppish Dandy

Day 2

Dano

Almost time to do it again. Bring water
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke

'No arsenal, or no weapon in the arsenals of the world, is as formidable as the will and moral courage of free men and women.'- Ronald Reagan

gonejohnny

Start hydrating on Thursday...

Quote from: Dano on August 10, 2012, 08:52:17 PM
Almost time to do it again. Bring water