News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Elon, NC Ladyseed July 21 &22

Started by Ratchett, July 24, 2012, 06:12:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ratchett

What a fantastical shoot!! Thank you Crystal and American Women Shooters Mentorship aka A.W.S.M! A gorgeous range for NC's first ( but no way the last!!) Ladyseed.

Our numbers may have been low, but the Patriot women who came out to shoot showed that they could indeed SHOOT LIKE GIRL!!! There was great improvement from Saturday morning to Sunday evening. Even though no rifleman patches were earned all ladies have the potential to bring it home at there next 'seed! All were shooting 170's, calling bad shots, and absolutely had NPOA---believe me there is not a safe golf ball within miles of NC!!!!

Corrie you showed great form all weekend! Remember to keep your elbow in under the rifle  ;) You rocked the iron sights after your scoped rifle went down---not always an easy feat. You will have that Rifleman patch soon. Hope there was not a major issue with your rifle. Hug those babies for me, they are adorable boys!!!

Christine, if I had only thought of the action screw sooner :slap: :slap: Once tightened---so did your groups again ^:)^ The Rifleman' s patch is definitely in your near future!!

Melissa, you most definitely showed the heart of a Rifleman this weekend!! Being lost for 5 hours in the Carolina countryside and then playing catch up on Saturday was definitely not an easy start on the Rifleman trail. You persisted, persevered, and overcame. Sunday was a new day and right back at it you came!! Do not let yourself get in your way!! You can most definitely  can do anything you put your mind and a true Rifleman you will be!

Momma Meg, thank you so much for chauffeuring Jules this weekend!! It would have been extremely hard to do it without her. Having our young instructor core gives all of us old folks hope in the future of this country.

JULES!!! Thank you for stepping up and instructing all weekend! You did a fantastic job and should see a status change very soon! look out guys cuz she is well on her way to out shoot you all too!!!

And to our lone 'man slave' for the weekend--Iron Pony thank you for all the help getting everything squared away and stepping in to help instruct as needed. You are a great sport to take all the ribbing as well.

Blessings to everyone and families too, til wemeet on the trail again...

In His grip,
ratchett (aka julia)

PS A link to a thread started by Crystal:
http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=30868.msg230718;topicseen#msg230718
Remember only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you: JESUS CHRIST and the AMERICAN ARMED FORCES.
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom-Unk

"The propitious smiles of Heaven can never be expected on a nation that disregards the eternal rules of order and right which Heaven itself has ordained."---Geo Washington, 1789

Those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles.---Isaiah 40:31

A wrathful man stirs up strife,
But he who is slow to anger allays contention.---Prov15:18

"Wisdom is higher than a fool can reach." --P. Wheatley

nighteagle317

Hello to all who participated in the Ladyseed shoot in ?Elon? or was it ?Reidsville?. The information indicated Elon and I must have driven around the University and the counrryside for over an hour trying to locate this place. Even my GPS was confused and eventually just collapsed off the dash due to the stress. I had registered for the shoot,tried to visit the AWSM website and "Go Daddy" told me that in was not in service,so to speak. Then,I called the phone number that I had written down for the range. No one answered but I did leave a message. I still don't know if it was the correct phone number or not,but I never heard anything back so I drove home in frustration.Being from Burlington,I was so looking forward to having a range close by for a Ladyseed event.
That day, when I got back home,I was still hoping to hear from someone clearing up the directions for me and I would have gone on Sunday. Just saying that I hope we can get those things squared away before the next shoot scheduled there.
Thanks,Paige
Proud Member of The Patriot Guard Riders
   "Standing For Those Who Stood For Us"

awsmguns

Quote from: nighteagle317 on August 12, 2012, 02:17:46 PM
Hello to all who participated in the Ladyseed shoot in ?Elon? or was it ?Reidsville?. The information indicated Elon and I must have driven around the University and the counrryside for over an hour trying to locate this place. Even my GPS was confused and eventually just collapsed off the dash due to the stress. I had registered for the shoot,tried to visit the AWSM website and "Go Daddy" told me that in was not in service,so to speak. Then,I called the phone number that I had written down for the range. No one answered but I did leave a message. I still don't know if it was the correct phone number or not,but I never heard anything back so I drove home in frustration.Being from Burlington,I was so looking forward to having a range close by for a Ladyseed event.
That day, when I got back home,I was still hoping to hear from someone clearing up the directions for me and I would have gone on Sunday. Just saying that I hope we can get those things squared away before the next shoot scheduled there.
Thanks,Paige

Hey Paige I am SO SORRY you had trouble locating & contacting us....I do the website and was absolutely horrified to learn GODADDY had incorrectly applied our domain renewal & hosting at about 9am, our site was MIA until about 10:30am then I was able to get it back up, too late of course. The catchall line to call/text or email is 336.270.9229 for me... best to text in case I am on the range ....it forwards to all the modern gadgets as well. We're having another event THIS Saturday (non Ladyseed but hoping to see sweet Julie again very soon, she was fabulous!). The easiest way to get there from Burlington is to come through town down 62 (Rauhut), go left onto Union Ridge Road at 5 points store...keep straight on Union Ridge Road then go left onto Stoney Mountain...this will turn into Milesville Road...follow it until it ends on Cherry Grove Road, go right at the stop sign then take the next immediate left onto a dirt road Country Hills Trail, it's .77 miles down that road but there will be signs pointing you on. Sorry for the confusion, no one realized the mailing address/GPS & tax maps were inconsistent. While this Saturday is not a Ladyseed, it's more of a basic Gundamentals...I am hoping we can lure Julie back in September for an A.W.S.M! repeat!    Hope to see you soon Paige! Hollar if we can assist at all! crystal@awsmguns.com or adena@awsmguns.com 
American Women Shooters Mentorship
www.awsmguns.com
Our Mission: To Mentor, Support and Promote Firearms Safety Education and Shooting Proficiency For All American Women!
Join Up & Gun Up!