News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Saugerties, NY - August 11 & 12, 2012

Started by Another D.O.M., August 01, 2012, 01:35:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Another D.O.M.

Yes, this is very short notice.  A member of the Saugerties Fish and Game Club attended an Appleseed at Hopewell Junction, NY earlier this year and was so impressed he went back to his home club and suggested setting up a club-members-only Appleseed event.  The only dates that were available on both our calendar and the club calendar are 8/11 & 12 - so that's what we've set up.

Range:  Saugerties Fish & Game Club

Address: 168 Fish Creek Rd., Saugerties, NY

Websitesfgc.us

When:  August 11 & 12, 2012

Range Fee:  none

Camping Available:  See Camping for nearby campgrounds.  No onsite camping available.

Hotels:  See Lodging for nearby accommodations.

DirectionsClub website directions

From the north, take I-87 (NYS Thruway) south to exit 20 (Saugerties exit).  Turn left (south) onto NY 32 for about 1000 feet then turn right (west) at the traffic light onto NY 212.  Follow 212 1.5 miles, then turn left onto Fish Creek Rd.  Follow Fish Creek 7/10 mile  (bearing left at the 'Y'), then turn right at the white Saugerties Fish & Game Club sign and follow the driveway to the clubhouse.

From the south, take I-87 (NYS Thruway) to exit 20 (Saugerties exit).  Turn left west) at the traffic light onto NY 212, then follow the above directions to the clubhouse.

GPS:  42.076283, -74.010038   (42°04.577' N latitude by -74°00.602' W longitude)

State Laws to be aware ofPer NY state law, no one under the age of 12 may fire a gunpowder propellant rifle at these events.  Those under age 12 may, however, use an air rifle.  See State Laws for NY firearms laws.  All attendees are responsible for understanding and complying with the laws of the host state.

What to Bring: Please see What You Need to Know... for info about what to bring and what to expect for an Appleseed event.

MiscThis is a range-mambers ONLY Appleseed event and it is not open to the public.  If you are not a member of the Saugerties Fish & Game Club, please do not preregister to attend this event.

No loaded rifles on the range unless they are on the firing line and the "Load!" command has been given.  Eye and ear protection are required for all shooters.

For More Information Contact:  Send a private message to "Another D.O.M." on the Appleseed forum, email NY@AppleseedInfo.org, or call 518-282-4759 and leave a message for Mark.

There are currently some problems posting new events to the EventBrite system, and posting & scheduling new events are being affected.  Because of this, I've posted the EIP here.  Any Saugerties Fish & Game club member who would like to preregister for this event, please contact the NY State Coordinator directly by PM, email or phone.  When leaving a message, please indicate your name and contact info; skill level; past Appleseed participant; and What pricing level each attendee will fall under.  The pricing levels are:

Ticket TypePriceProcessing Fee
Sat & Sun Adult (includes $10.00 non-refundable registration fee.)   
$70.00   
$2.19
FREE Sat & Sun Women (Registration Fee Only non-refundable)   
FREE, Sat & Sun Youth under 21 years w/ ID (Registration Fee Only non-refundable)   
FREE Sat & Sun Active Military, Reserve, and Guard w/ ID, Peace Officers (w/ ID),
   Disabled (w/ ID), Re-enactors in period dress, Elected officials (w/proof)   
Sat Only Adult (Includes $5.00 non-refundable registration fee)   
FREE Sat only Women (Registration Fee Only non-refundable)   
FREE Sat only Youth under 21 years w/ ID (Registration Fee Only non-refundable)   
FREE Sat only Active Military, Reserve, and Guard w/ ID, Peace Officers (w/ ID),
Sun Only Adult (Includes $5.00 non-refundable registration fee)   
FREE Sun only Women (Registration Fee Only non-refundable)   
FREE Sun only Youth under 21 years w/ ID (Registration Fee Only non-refundable)   
FREE Sun only Active Military, Reserve, and Guard w/ ID, Peace Officers (w/ ID),

Please note that these are preregistration fees, and that walkon fees are higher.

If there are any questions please send me a PM or reply on this topic.

NY Instructors please note:  We will need a Shoot Boss and instructor crew for this event.  Please contact me directly if you wish to work the event and I will coordinate between instructors and SB.
"Dark & difficult times lie ahead.  Soon we must all face the choice between what is right, and what is easy."  Dumbledore

Another D.O.M.

Saugerties is now on the main schedlue at http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=30956.0.  Remember, this is a club members only event.  If you wish to preregister for this event please contact me for the EventBrite link.
MJA

P.S. - event flier attached.
"Dark & difficult times lie ahead.  Soon we must all face the choice between what is right, and what is easy."  Dumbledore