News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Santa Barbara Appleseed Aug 30-31, 2008

Started by bob 210, June 24, 2008, 03:44:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bob 210

It's official!!! We have a new range in the collection of outstanding ranges hosting Appleseed Shoots here in CA!!  ;D ;D That range is

Winchester Canyon Gun Range, located at the top of the San Marcos Pass above Santa Barbara. You wanna talk about a beautiful

view.....you can look down from the range and gaze not only at Santa Barbara, but you can see the Pacific Ocean shimmering beyond the

beaches and even the Channel islands off in the distance!!  :o :o 8) Don't miss out on this opportunity....there is a 30 shooter max!

Pre-reg as soon as you can! They also have a great website at www.wcgc.org...check it out! This range is just 10 miles from Santa

Barbara and 20 mile from Solvang. Directions:

If you are traveling from the South:
To get to the Winchester Canyon gun Club take highway 101 to
the San Marcos Pass (State highway 154) freeway exit.
Go north up the pass to West Camino Cielo (approx. 7 miles).
Turn left on to West Camino Cielo and follow the road
(stay to the left at the fork) for approx. 3 miles.
The gun club is located at the end of the paved road.

If you are traveling from the North:
To get to the Winchester Canyon gun Club take highway 101 to
the State highway 246 freeway exit in Buellton.
Continue on 246 though Solvang until you reach State highway 154.
Go south on 154 to West Camino Cielo (approx. 16 miles).
Turn right on to West Camino Cielo and follow the road
(stay to the left at the fork) for approx. 3 miles.
The gun club is located at the end of the paved road.

Remember.....it costs $45 for one day and $70 for two days if you pre-reg and it now costs $50 for one day and $80 for two days if you

don't pre-reg, so make sure you pre-reg soon!

See you in Santa Barbara!

Bob 210
If ye love wealth better than liberty,the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom,go home from us.We ask not your counsels or arms.Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you.May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen. SA

SavageShootr

Hey Bob,

Great news. This sounds like a beautiful range to hold an AS.  8)

I really like the idea of spreading out in California. You are doing a great job getting Appleseed off and running in this once proud and great state. Maybe California can return to her former glory. I, for one, sure hope so.

See you in Santa Barbara,
~SS
"Listen to everyone, read everything, and don't believe anything unless you can prove it."' B.C.
"It isn't like it is life or death...it is more important than that." MrPete

Johnnyappleseed

Quote from: SavageShootr on June 24, 2008, 09:50:09 PM
Hey Bob,

Great news. This sounds like a beautiful range to hold an AS.  8)

I really like the idea of spreading out in California. You are doing a great job getting Appleseed off and running in this once proud and great state. Maybe California can return to her former glory. I, for one, sure hope so.

See you in Santa Barbara,
~SS

Well said SS.  ;)
It WILL be restored to former greatness.
JA
Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.
Calvin Coolidge

SonoftheRepublic

Question . . . Just went on the website for Winchester Canyon Gun Range at www.wcgc.org  Sounds like there's been a fire and fire damage at the range.  Range may be closed because of it?  Hope this won't affect the plans for Appleseed there on Aug 30-31.  Any info?
Give them the History, Immerse them in the Tradition. - The Power of Appleseed

The Appleseed Project - "Returning America To A Nation Of Riflemen"

bob 210

Quote from: SonoftheRepublic on July 19, 2008, 10:12:01 PM
Question . . . Just went on the website for Winchester Canyon Gun Range at www.wcgc.org  Sounds like there's been a fire and fire damage at the range.  Range may be closed because of it?  Hope this won't affect the plans for Appleseed there on Aug 30-31.  Any info?

They should be reopened by Labor Day weekend.....they've already started the clean up.
If ye love wealth better than liberty,the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom,go home from us.We ask not your counsels or arms.Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you.May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen. SA

SonoftheRepublic

Give them the History, Immerse them in the Tradition. - The Power of Appleseed

The Appleseed Project - "Returning America To A Nation Of Riflemen"

Fred

Santa Barbara is from all reports a GREAT location. Views of the mountains and desert to the east, and the Pacific to the west. Prob a nice cooling breeze to top it off.

The bad news is that it seems to have a capacity of 30, tops.

The worse news is that, as of today, we have only 13 signed up.

Thirteen?

Say, are we planning to turn CA around this century? (Maybe not?)

Here's I've been wasting a lot of space in SGN, plumping CA as the new leader in the Appleseed program. (And you know the Texans are seething with animosity over it... >:( ;D)

OK, CA, let's step up to the plate. There's 30 spaces on the line, and I wanna see thirty spaces filled.

You get thirty spaces filled, and I'll personally come out and thank you for helping the program. How's that for being nice?

"Ready to eat dirt and sweat bore solvent?" - Ask me how to become an RWVA volunteer!

"...but he that stands it now, deserves the thanks of man and woman alike..."   Paine

"If you can read this without a silly British accent, thank a Revolutionary War veteran" - Anon.

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again" - Thomas Paine

What about it, do-nothings? You heard the man, jump on in...

Old Glory!

Quote from: Fred on August 18, 2008, 02:53:33 PM
You get thirty spaces filled, and I'll personally come out and thank you for helping the program. How's that for being nice?

Fred, 
Does that challenge apply to Wisconsin?  We can fill 30 spaces, right Wisconsin?  hmmmm......I think there were 44 at Shiocton last spring. 

OG
"My primary objective is to change hearts and minds, for that is where the gaping hole in the hull of the USS America lies. I am looking to make a spark and praying that it will ignite, by their own will, into a bonfire in their hearts and souls."  PHenry

"Folks, this Appleseed thing doesn't work if we get a patch and go home. It doesn't work if we shoot a Rifleman score and remember the good times we had out on the range. It only works if we take that 7th Step and spread the 'seed. HUZZAH!!!"  Slim 

April 18-19, 2009  "The seeds of rifle marksmanship were sown in good ground.  In the end, then, every attendee walked away as an instructor for their friends, family, coworkers.  May you tend your patch in Liberty's garden well and through a long life."  Francis Marion

Fred

OG, I'd like to say "yes", I really would. I've been to WI Appleseeds I think twice, now, and enjoyed each of them (duh!).

But let's see if we can get some life going in CA, first. I'd hate to see them start off with a bang, and slow down to a whimper - too much like KY... ;D (that's an inside joke with ff: "which state has 100% attendence at Appleseed?" Ans: "KY, as there's only six humans in the state." Not sure what it means, but it does make me smile. Here's a :D to prove it. ;D)
"Ready to eat dirt and sweat bore solvent?" - Ask me how to become an RWVA volunteer!

"...but he that stands it now, deserves the thanks of man and woman alike..."   Paine

"If you can read this without a silly British accent, thank a Revolutionary War veteran" - Anon.

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again" - Thomas Paine

What about it, do-nothings? You heard the man, jump on in...

SavageShootr

Quote from: Fred on August 18, 2008, 02:53:33 PM

Santa Barbara is from all reports a GREAT location. Views of the mountains and desert to the east, and the Pacific to the west. Prob a nice cooling breeze to top it off.

The bad news is that it seems to have a capacity of 30, tops.

The worse news is that, as of today, we have only 13 signed up.

Thirteen?

Say, are we planning to turn CA around this century? (Maybe not?)

Here's I've been wasting a lot of space in SGN, plumping CA as the new leader in the Appleseed program. (And you know the Texans are seething with animosity over it... >:( ;D)

OK, CA, let's step up to the plate. There's 30 spaces on the line, and I wanna see thirty spaces filled.

Mercy, we only have thirteen signed up?, and we have been to the Santa Barbara Gunshow, The Steel Challenge, and the Crossroads of the West Gunshow in Orange County (a fair drive to Santa Barbara). I even ran into Bob210 at the Crossroads of the West in OC and we were all handing out flyers and reprints of the SWAT article. That on top of the usual trips to the public range and promoting Appleseed there. Well, sounds like it is time to get busy.

~SS
"Listen to everyone, read everything, and don't believe anything unless you can prove it."' B.C.
"It isn't like it is life or death...it is more important than that." MrPete