News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

The US Arms Trade Treaty

Started by Magloader, July 20, 2012, 04:58:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magloader

On July 27th, the nations of the world are scheduled to meet in New York to sign a global Arms Trade Treaty. Disguised as a way to prevent the proliferation of small arms throughout the world, it is, in fact, a backdoor way to legislate gun control in the United States and effectively repeal our Second Amendment.

http://dickmorris.rallycongress.com/7175/gun-control/

This is a link to a site where you can write a petition to your senators, asking them to not vote yes. Over 300,000 letters and emails have been sent in. I personally have already signed it. Who else is going to help me defend my Constitutional rights, including the right to bear arms?

In Liberty,
                                                                                   Magloader
Let your light shine before men that they may see your good deeds, and praise your Father in Heaven.- Mathew 5:16

Jesus answered, " I am the way, truth, and the light. No one comes to the Father except through me." - John 14:6

asminuteman

My letter to Senators Feinstien, Boxer

My family, the undersigned, and I call on Secretary of State Hillary Clinton and President Barack Obama not to sign the Arms Trade Treaty on July 27th in New York City.  We believe it will lead to international gun control passed without consulting the American people.

My family personally fought in the Revolutionary War for American independence and for the establishment of the Bill of Rights, guaranteed in the United States Constitution. More importantly the second amendment, (The Right to bear arms).
The term "shall not" be infringed! Means No, Never, you may not...read Jefferson some day.

In addition, as a S.A.R (Son of the American Revolution) member, I am shocked that folks from the United States government would usurp the Rights of the citizens by circumventing and dimishing the document that has protected its citizens for the last 237 years.

I do not urge you to say no; nay I am telling you to vote NO!
I am a registered voter, and shall be watching this issue closely

My return message from Feinstein ONLY
Dear Mr.Doyle:

Thankyou for writing to express your concerns about possible ratification of an international treaty aimedat stemming the proliferation of small arms and light weapons worldwide.  I appreciate hearing your viewson this issue and welcome the opportunity to respond.

Iunderstand you have serious concerns about this proposed treaty.  The purpose of the ongoing negotiationsis to draft a legally binding treaty on the export, import, and international transfer on conventionalweapons.  It will not address the personal ownership of guns or gun owners' rights.  The actual draftingof the treaty will take place in 2012.

Pleaseknow that I strongly support this process.  According to Amnesty International, more than 500,000 peopleper year are killed with conventional arms, and almost 60% of documented human rights violations haveinvolved the use of small arms and light weapons.  Further, the Small Arms Survey estimates that thereare more than 875 million firearms in the world today, roughly one firearm for every seven people worldwide. These numbers help to underscore the fact that a majority of the deaths in conflicts worldwide are smallarms-related.

Whilewe do not necessarily agree on this particular issue, please know that your views are important to me,and I will keep them in mind should the Senate discuss ratification of such a treaty.

Again,thank you for writing.  I hope that you will continue to write on matters of importance to you.  Shouldyou have any further comments or questions, please feel free to contact my Washington, D.C. office at(202) 224-3841.  Best regards.

Sincerely yours,

Dianne Feinstein
         United States Senator

Further information about my position on issues of concern to California and the nation are available at my website, Feinstein.senate.gov. You can also receive electronic e-mail updates by subscribing to my e-mail list. Clickhere to sign up.  And please visit my YouTube,Facebook and Twitterfor more ways to communicate with me.

She doesn't seem to care much, quite dismissive

your thoughts my fellow Californians?
"He who dares not offend cannot be honest." ~ Thomas Paine

"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."~ Thomas Paine

I know of no way to judge the future, then by the past. -Thomas Paine

LayloPro

She's been a roach about guns since Dan White got her the job in San Fran....
Before that, she was the president of the school board....kind of like a "Community Organizer"....real resume stuffer, y'know?

Won't bother me at all when she's gone.....

LLP
"The truth only hurts if you're guilty." 

"Fast / cheap / good....you only get 2....Your choice."

"Amateurs talk hardware. Professionals talk software. It doesn't matter what's in your hand or between your legs. It matters what's in your heart and in your mind." Lt Col. Dave Grossman.

ChadC

ASMinuteman- I got almost the exact email in reply! LOL.....I figured it was a form reply.
-Chad

Magloader

Just thought I would post a little follow up here....

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/07/27/un-fails-to-reach-deal-on-global-arms-trade-treaty-as-us-asks-for-more-time/

Just goes to show you what happens when enough people do one little thing!!!

ML
Let your light shine before men that they may see your good deeds, and praise your Father in Heaven.- Mathew 5:16

Jesus answered, " I am the way, truth, and the light. No one comes to the Father except through me." - John 14:6