News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Hello!

Started by Atmosfear, July 19, 2012, 01:11:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Atmosfear

Hello everyone!

I did not see a designated place for new members to introduce themselves so I figured this to be as good a place as any.

I stumbled across the Appleseed program last night by accident while searching for info on a .22LR I would like to purchase to work towards mastering the art of long range shooting.

I started poking around and also learned about the RWVA (I just finished paying for a 5yr. RWVA membership).

My name is Harley, originally from Phoenix, AZ but have been a resident of Lacey/Olympia, WA since 2003. I spent 8 years serving active duty in the US Army, I am also a Iraq War veteran.

I have long held beliefs similar to that of the RWVA and have solidified my opinions of the state of our great nation and where I see it heading. It has forced me to come to some realizations in life recently that inspire me to make a change, get involved, and perhaps do something about it.

I am excited to have found you all. I am a fairly new father, full time employee, and part time student. That said I hope to attend as many events as possible, though likely not as many as I want.

I look forward to meeting you and learning the ropes  ;)

George Hacker

Welcome, atmosfear.  I am ShadowMan and am based in the Battle Ground, WA area.  I have been involved with Project Appleseed for just over a year and I have no regrets.  I am an instructor and I also help with promotions in the NW Region.  We always could use more help to wake America up.

The closest Appleseed range to you currently is in Ariel, WA.  We have a shoot there in September that is almost half full.  We are always looking for more ranges to host our events, so if you know of one...

I look forward to meeting you on the firing line at an upcoming event,

- ShadowMan

As others have said - thank you for your service.
Tell your Pacific Northwest facebook friends to "like" and post in the Northwest Region Project Appleseed page.

"You can't miss fast enough..."  "Aim small, miss small."

GEmanuel

Welcome and 'thank you for your service'
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." — George Washington

"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it." --Mark Twain (1835-1910)

"A constitution is not the act of a government, but of a people constituting a government; and government without a constitution is power without a right. All power exercised over a nation, must have some beginning. It must be either delegated, or assumed. There are not other sources. All delegated power is trust, and all assumed power is usurpation. Time does not alter the nature and quality of either." ~ Thomas Paine

Two Wolves

A moral compass provides a basis for making decisions; an action is good or bad, right or wrong when viewed in the light of the individual's moral bearing. If no moral compass exists for the individual, then decisions and actions are made on the basis of purely subjective thoughts. This leads to "If it makes me happy, or makes me feel good, or if it's something I simply want to do, then it is right and good."

technoronin

I just joined two weeks ago and I'm headed to my first Appleseed this weekend.  I think it's going to be a lot of fun.

Barbie

Quote from: Atmosfear on July 19, 2012, 01:11:16 PM
Hello everyone!

I did not see a designated place for new members to introduce themselves so I figured this to be as good a place as any.

I stumbled across the Appleseed program last night by accident while searching for info on a .22LR I would like to purchase to work towards mastering the art of long range shooting.

I started poking around and also learned about the RWVA (I just finished paying for a 5yr. RWVA membership).

My name is Harley, originally from Phoenix, AZ but have been a resident of Lacey/Olympia, WA since 2003. I spent 8 years serving active duty in the US Army, I am also a Iraq War veteran.

I have long held beliefs similar to that of the RWVA and have solidified my opinions of the state of our great nation and where I see it heading. It has forced me to come to some realizations in life recently that inspire me to make a change, get involved, and perhaps do something about it.

I am excited to have found you all. I am a fairly new father, full time employee, and part time student. That said I hope to attend as many events as possible, though likely not as many as I want.

I look forward to meeting you and learning the ropes  ;)

Greeting from the midwest.  First and foremost thank you for your service.  I became involved while my other half was going through trainings/and now currently deployed to Afghanistan (Army also).  In the meantime, I became an IIT, so when he returns he's eager to go to his 1st AS event.   It makes me happy to see members of our armed forces becoming involved in our program.  You're sure to have a blast, welcome aboard.   :---

- Barbie
Barbie
(812)-290-4738
barbie_bedel@yahoo.com

Indiana Appleseed:  Farm Bred, Brass Fed

Lord make me fast and accurate. Let my aim be true, and my hands faster than those who would seek to destroy me.  Grant me victory over my foes, and those  that wish to do harm to me and mine. Let not my last thought be if I only had my Gun; and Lord if today is truly the day that you take me home, let me die in a pile of empty brass.