News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Welcome to the California Board - Check-in

Started by bob 210, June 23, 2008, 09:50:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GasMask

This is GasMask Checking in.....  Been lurking for years....   
Went to my first Appleseed in Azuza about two years back.
http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=19456.msg154710#msg154710
I'm the fat dude with the green boonie hat.   :)
Had a blast in the rain.

My 2nd one was last year at Corona.  I was a sitter/driver for A teenage kid.
http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=22967.0
Had as much fun as a spectator could have had from the sidelines....
:pop:

And now, I'm planning to head out to Azuza this weekend with another Teenage kid+7year old daughter... 
But I only have one rifle. :wb:  But none the less, we are going. :cool2:
hopefully there's a loner available.

Plans are to increase attendance as time goes by.

SonJ

Checking In! Here in Hayward, California 94541-4447 and Castro Valley, California 94546, we're not very far from the Chabot Gun Club where I have done all of my practice and Appleseeds.
-SonJ

dvlsadvc8

Checking in from Monterey Park.  Just completed my first Appleseed in Corona last weekend and became a Rifleman.  Can't wait to go back for some more and bring some friends!

V

Welcome folks.

Hope to see you on the trail someday SonJ, since Nero and American Amazon have Chabot running with a good local crew, we don't get to travel up there so often.

dvlsadvc8 look forward to working with your friends at the next one.

Cheers
V

sharpeyedfirechild

Hi all!

This is sharpeyedfirechild checking in. I just moved to San Diego to start grad school and I'm ready to be of service. I am part of the RangeRat and SniperCat clan out of Las Vegas, NV. I shot my patch in Utah in June 2010 and have been teaching there and other places since then. I hope that I will adapt pretty readily since I was mainly mentored by two California instructors, V and DesertDog.

I am a green hat and have already signed up to run the infamous Glen Helen Ladyseed event at the end of September. I'm looking forward to the event, but I definitely need some help to get more ladies to the line!

I look forward to contributing to the California team so please let me know how I may be of assistance. :)

Chels
Daughter of RangeRat and SniperCat, Sister of TrebleShooter and Persistent_1

readysetgo

Quote from: sharpeyedfirechild on August 19, 2013, 05:38:31 PMI am a green hat and have already signed up to run the infamous Glen Helen Ladyseed event at the end of September. I'm looking forward to the event, but I definitely need some help to get more ladies to the line!

I look forward to contributing to the California team so please let me know how I may be of assistance. :)

Chels

shapreyedfirechild, message sent re: contacts for the Ladyseed event.

Hi all, I haven't attended an Appleseed YET but am hoping to get out to Piru by Oct.
I'm active over on Calguns.net.  Same username.  Ventura County resident.
Actually would like to start helping out regularly, I'm in the process of building a brace of Marlin LTR's to hopefully get new shooters out on the range.
"but we must bear up against them [hardships], and make the best of mankind as they are, since we cannot have them as we wish."

- Letter from General Washington to General Schuyler: Conjures him and General Montgomery to lay aside all thoughts of quitting the Army.

Merlin

San Diego county here. I'm going to the Dulzura Appleseed with a fellow milita men from my platoon on Dec 28th and 29th. Anyone else in that area going or planning to attend? I'm looking forward to it. hope to see a great turn out.

DTL

Hey gang! This is Don, from Bakersfield. I attended my first Appleseed at 5 Dogs Range this last weekend that Steve (Cal 7.62) and his co-instructor Noah put on. Everybody had a great time and learned a lot. I was pleased to shoot Rifleman on the first day and am looking forward to doing another Appleseed! Those AQTs are addictive!!!

Don

BigJ

Heya from San Jose!

I attended my first Appleseed with my wife and our 14 year old nephew last November in Red Bluff and we all three had a great time.  The passion for our American history displayed by the instructors still lives in our minds.  Just awesome.

I'm glad to say I earned Rifleman at that event, and I'm even happier to say both my wife and nephew have set goals to earn their patch come hell or high water.  Both have been practicing nearly every weekend since.  We're planning to attend the Fresno event this coming February.  Can't wait!

-BigJ

eaglescouter

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on the achievement that matters.  A happy awake family.

We'll be in Sacramento this weekend, if you can make it we would love to see you on the line again.

joe
Old Guy:  Do it long enough and you get really good at it.

Rifleman:  Sacramento:  Four Ought Nine
Full Distance:  Red Bluff:  What year was that?
Pistoleer™:  Hat Creek:  Three Twenty One

Make yourselves good scouts and good rifle shots in order to protect the women and children of your country if it should ever become necessary.
--Lord Baden-Powell
Scouting for Boys (1908)

Nero

And we've got a February shoot in Castro Valley, and a long distance shoot right there in San Jose at the end of March!
"Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet depreciate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground. They want rain without thunder and lightning. They want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters." —Frederick Douglass

Gadg3t

Hi all, another San Diegan to fill the ranks! I haven't made it to a shoot yet but I'm looking at Feb. I actually teach historic weapons and American history so I was pretty excited to find this group :)

Another dorky bit of background on my interest here. My grandmother, who raised me, was a Marine at fort Schuyler in the 50's. She was captain of her shooting team and she took home many first place awards in both rifle and pistol. After she lost (most of) her sight I took care of her and at some point we went to a women on target clinic. My blind grandmother still shot better then most folks there ;) I can't hit any thing with a pistol apparently, but the coaches were impressed enough with my rifle shooting to suggest I come back for competitions. My grandmother was so proud she went out and bought me a ruger 10/22 for christmas! Long story short, I never got to take that rifle shooting till after she passed but I'd sure like to hone my abilities and build on a skill she clearly thought I had.

Sentimentality aside, I look forward to learning new things, improving and meeting other folks with similar interests.

WinterRider

Hey there,
Another son of California up in the foothills. I really enjoyed my first shoot last weekend. I am  looking forward to doing even better on my next aqt and getting the family and friends out there too.

SalManilla

Hello All,

Another new member checking in. I shot my first Appleseed this past weekend in Corona, Ca. and qualified on two of my AQT's. It took me  awhile to put aside my preconceived notions about how to shoot and follow what they were teaching. But when I did everything feel into place. The hardest thing for me to do was to relax my muscles. Once I did I made the score.

A big Thank You to all the volunteers that helped out at the event.

bob 210

Welcome to the forum Kieth! It was great having you and we look forward to seeing you again. The AAR for Corona should be up shortly and I hope you post about your experience there also. Congratulations on that shiny new Rifleman Patch! ^:)^
If ye love wealth better than liberty,the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom,go home from us.We ask not your counsels or arms.Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you.May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen. SA

VII XI

(tap tap)  Is this thing on? 

I am unable to send Bob210 a PM so here ask he contact me.  Thank you.
"The peaceable part of mankind will be continually overrun by the vile and abandoned while they neglect the means of self defense.
The supposed quietude of a good man allures the ruffian; while on the other hand, arms, like laws, discourage and keep the invader and the
plunderer in awe, and preserve order."   ~Thomas Paine

fivefeezy

Hello, I am Marco from the East Bay of San Francisco. I attended one Appleseed event last year and I am bringing my two sons to the October Castro Valley event. One boy is almost 14 and the other is 10. They have some firearm experience, having shot several 22 rifles pistols and also a little skeet/trap. I'm actually searching for a loaner rifle for one of them if anyone is attending with an extra. Thanks and glad to meet you all.

Leonidas

Hello all, it's been a while. I'm still in San Diego county
"I love the People of Boston. I once thought, that City would be the Christian Sparta. But Alas! Will men never be free! They will be free no longer than while they remain virtuous. Sidney tells us, there are times when People are not worth saving. Meaning, when they have lost their Virtue. I pray God, this may never be truly said of my beloved Town." Samuel Adams

TheLorax

Hi All,

Patrick checking in here. Just had my first appleseed this past weekend in Sunland. Looking forward to taking home my rifleman patch next time..

MiataMike

Hello all,
New here (San Bernardino County area). Looking to attend my first Appleseed in 2017, waiting for either the Azusa or Corona events to pop up on the schedule. Pretty pumped and can't wait to go!

ocsurfer411

This is one of those things I've been meaning to do forever.

Been shooting since I was 12, but no real formal instruction (though the man that originally taught me to shoot was a former marine and retired LAPD.

Super excited to take my AR-15 to an Appleseed event and work on my open sights accuracy. I built it about a year ago, but have only taken it out once.

Blind Squirrel

Attended my first Appleseed this weekend in Sacramento with my niece.
We had a lot of fun learning new skills and the history of our great country.
I've been hunting with firearms and bows since I was a kid but this was the first time I have ever taken a firearms class.
I figured since the class was so inexpensive we would get all the basics needed to shoot well and safely, but no specialized instruction.
Boy was I wrong...
Can't believe all the instructors were so helpful and knowledgeable.
They were excellent and my niece can't stop talking about the great time she had.
Looking forward to coming back again and improving our skills.
Thank you for inspiring my niece to come back and do better.
Very excited to have a new shooting partner who loves it as much as I do.
What a wonderful program and great group of people.  Thank you very much.

67flat4

New hear. I'm signed up for the Sept 9 class in Mariposa. See you there! O0

Hudgey

Howdy all. My name is John and I just finished my first event at Raahague's in Corona yesterday. The event was excellent and Cam & Kurt did a great job making sure it ran smoothly. Much thanks.

At any rate, I'm looking forward to attending another event in the near future. Hope to meet more of you in the next class.
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." - Jeff Cooper

13Frigates

Nice
Cool

Jross239

Just attended my first Appleseed today. I just started shooting mid November 2018. I signed up to learn proper shooting techniques to build on.

I was shooting my custom built BRN22 with CCI 40 grain copper plated bullets and shot a 220 on my first AQT. I will be attending day 2 tomorrow to see if I can improve my score.

Had a great day.

2TH4IST

Hello all, checking in from Rancho Cucamonga. My name is Mike and I attended my first appleseed this last weekend (Piru Nov 16-17). It was amazing, learned a whole ton of things, as it was a fire hose of info I'm still in the process of processing everything lol. Learning the fundamentals of proper sling use, respatory pause, trigger squeeze, sight alignment, sight picture and all the rest has been a eye opener for me.

My only regrets are not going to appleseed sooner!

I was able to qualify rifleman with a score of 222 (I scored myself wrong and Bob 210 corrected it for me). This is a check on my really short bucket list. I could not do it with out the amazing teachers and volenteers that came to this appleseed! Passing on the word to everyone I know and will be back to Piru in December with a centerfire rifle (and will attempt to bring as many people as I can).

Thanks again to all the volunteers!
There is danger lurking around every corner, so I propose we make every building round.
Rifleman Piru, CA Nov 16-17 score 222 .22LR and scope
Rifleman Piru, CA Dec 14-15 score 227 centerfire and irons

bryanrheem

Hi all!

Moved to Redding, CA 3 years ago.  Would love to see Appleseed up in this area but I see that the furthest north is Sacramento (which is only 2.5 hours away).  Looking forward to attending one in 2020!

Thanks,
Bryan

eaglescouter

Hi Bryan, and welcome to Appleseed.

I'm also in Redding.

The 2020 event schedule is not yet published but will be online in January.

We operate Appleseeds at Sacramento, Red Bluff and Hat Creek.

I look forward to seeing you on the line.

joe

Quote from: bryanrheem on December 10, 2019, 11:07:20 PM
Hi all!

Moved to Redding, CA 3 years ago.  Would love to see Appleseed up in this area but I see that the furthest north is Sacramento (which is only 2.5 hours away).  Looking forward to attending one in 2020!

Thanks,
Bryan
Old Guy:  Do it long enough and you get really good at it.

Rifleman:  Sacramento:  Four Ought Nine
Full Distance:  Red Bluff:  What year was that?
Pistoleer™:  Hat Creek:  Three Twenty One

Make yourselves good scouts and good rifle shots in order to protect the women and children of your country if it should ever become necessary.
--Lord Baden-Powell
Scouting for Boys (1908)

bryanrheem

Hi Joe!

Great to meet you!  Definitely want to get involved with Appleseed, especially if it's as close as RedBluff!!  Why not have one in Redding?

Looking forward to meeting you!

Thanks,
Bryan

Quote from: eaglescouter on December 11, 2019, 12:38:41 AM
Hi Bryan, and welcome to Appleseed.

I'm also in Redding.

The 2020 event schedule is not yet published but will be online in January.

We operate Appleseeds at Sacramento, Red Bluff and Hat Creek.

I look forward to seeing you on the line.

joe