News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Welcome to the California Board - Check-in

Started by bob 210, June 23, 2008, 09:50:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

retrosub

I just recently heard of Appleseed while researching mods for my Marlin 795. I followed all of the mods on the Liberty Training Rifle described here:
http://www.limings.net/appleseed/m795_ltr/

I like doing custom work, so I fitted my Marlin into a vintage M1 Carbine stock. The pic doesn't show the metal trigger guard, sling, and magazine pouch. It was a fun project, and now it's time to use it.

I am hoping to make it to one of the events next weekend. The only problem is I have only the one rifle and two kids (11 and 13). Is it possible for all of us to share the same rifle? I may be able to borrow a 10/22, but that would still be 2 rifles for 3 people. Will that work?

Mario Korf
Redwood City, CA

V

Welcome retrosurb,

Appleseed does not rent or loan rifles officially. But if you contact the Shoot Boss or contact info person for the shoot you intend to attend you can inquire about availability of loaner rifles from instructors at the shoot. There are usually some available but its strictly first come first served and a personal favor of the instructors attending the shoot.

Cheers
V

anotherZebra

Greetings all, checking in. Qualified Rifleman at Castro Valley Feb. 20-21/2010. Will be at the Castro Valley Appleseed this weekend, April 17-18. Bringing 2 new folks, my 14 year old son and a friend.

Hank Dodge

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

THANK YOU to all involved with putting on the Appleseed Program.

I attended my first Appleseed at the Chabot range this weekend. It was an absolutely fantastic experience. The whole affair was well structured and very informational. Not only was there precise instruction in the art of rifle marksmanship, there was an equal amount of history about the happenings surrounding April 19, 1775 provided to the group. The heartfelt presentations provided by the instructors were beyond compare. I left there with a renewed appreciation for the sacrifices made by those Patriots at Lexington and Concord that fateful day. I will highly recommend attending one of these fine events to everyone I know.

The Appleseed Program is such a great asset to preserving the future of this fine Republic. 

Hank

markhu

I'm an ultra-newbie and excited yet skeered about my first AppleSeed next month in Sunland (Angeles range above Los Angeles).  Thanks for encouraging notes like this and others.

Quote from: TrueGrit on September 07, 2009, 08:43:06 PM

Since this is as good a forum as any I'd like to say I went to the range for the first time today since the shoot. I say the accuracy and placements of my groups improve dramatically.

My Rifle was clean and I intend to keep it that way, since I had no jams or malfunctions for over 200 rounds.

I took another nearly identical rifle and shot a 10 round group similar in size but shifted to the right. I knew how to roughly do this sort of adjustment but I moved the rear aperature left 4 clicks with confidence. The next 10 were solid. Proper training can only be utilized when intently heeded and practiced, or so the results would show.

The next time I shoot at an AQT I expect to have the honor of buying my patch shortly there after.

I appreciate the ability to knowing how to fish as opposed to being thrown some salmon fillets. I shot on the ground and found the concrete benches provided by my local range, very nice and sturdy, as a nice trap to catch my brass. I adjusted my previous point of aim from the shoot and landed all but a few rounds outside of black in the course of my days shooting.

I post this as a testament to the principles and training provided magnanimously by the RWVA. I just heard about you recently and am already chomping at the bit for the next shoot.

Best Regards,

Russel
ICXC=NIKA

passinthru

BOB210---Steve from Escondido Fish & Game here;  I have two POSSIBLE OPEN DATES to host:
August 14,15
August 28,29
Please contact me, or Carl, or Kurt........................steve
I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
Thomas Jefferson
I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just; that his justice cannot sleep forever.
Thomas Jefferson

jacques

Passinthru,

If you can not get ahold of Bob, PM V, he will get ahold of Bob.

Two Words-Meriams Corner

bob 210

If ye love wealth better than liberty,the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom,go home from us.We ask not your counsels or arms.Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you.May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen. SA

SavageShootr

Hank, Welcome to the forum. Glad you enjoyed the event. You get it! Bob is good at that.

"Listen to everyone, read everything, and don't believe anything unless you can prove it."' B.C.
"It isn't like it is life or death...it is more important than that." MrPete

SavageShootr

markhu,

Welcome to the forum.

We will see you at the event.

"Listen to everyone, read everything, and don't believe anything unless you can prove it."' B.C.

SecurePeace

Hello All,
I am currently living in Illinois, but will likely be relocating to California for work soon (beginning of June). 
I will be in the San Jose/Sunnyvale area and would like to connect with fellow Appleseeders there.
best regards
Securepeace.

The beginning of wisdom is to call things by their right name

BaldDragn

Welcome SecurePeace.

I'm the CenCal/NorCal are coordinator and it's a shocking and welcome suprise that we are gaining an IIT from another state and not loosing one to another state.

For a little while longer our lead in the Bay Area is James E. He's a great guy and and exceptional Shoot Boss. Soon he may be a great asset to Texas Appleseed.

Ryantsg and his wife Aleeta are right there in the Southern Bay Area and I've had a lot of fun working with them.

Me and my wife Jules live just a few mile south east of Sacramento and we have the pleasure of hosting the instructors that wish to stay with us during the Sacramento shoots.

I'm looking forward to meeting you and hope we can get you a better looking hat.
"Anxiety and stress are the children of apathy and ignorance." - Jack Spirko

Saving the USS America - Good work if you can get it: Group Consensus, Sac 06/09 Instructors Meeting.

SAPPER STEEL!

SkyHawk

Our loss from IL is CA's gain.  You have a good man in SecurePeace coming your way!
"An elective despotism was not the government we fought for"  Thomas Jefferson

Antibubba

We understand your loss, but we're excited to get someone from Illinois, one of the few places as much under siege as California.

SecurePeace, I strongly encourage you to visit this site http://ag.ca.gov/firearms/  to learn all the ways California can trap you.  If you have any questions about them, I'll be happy to help you, but you have an incredible wealth of knowledge at http://www.calguns.net/  The forum there is the most active firearms site I've ever seen.
A rifle cannot win a war; it is just a tool.  Wars are fought and won in the hearts and minds of the people.

SecurePeace

i think with all the california sun, the hat should fade to a beautiful shade of red :)
The beginning of wisdom is to call things by their right name

BaldDragn

Quote from: SkyHawk on May 03, 2010, 03:21:40 PM
Our loss from IL is CA's gain.  You have a good man in SecurePeace coming your way!

I had no doubt about that. I have had the pleasure of working, eating (food and WSMR dust), and listing to the snoring of Garand69, EEL and BobaFett. I especially enjoyed watching G69 and EEL argue like an old married couple. It was easy to see you all have a great esprit de corps and I know all too well how it stings to loose one.
"Anxiety and stress are the children of apathy and ignorance." - Jack Spirko

Saving the USS America - Good work if you can get it: Group Consensus, Sac 06/09 Instructors Meeting.

SAPPER STEEL!

GunnerD

Checking-in! My name is Erik, and I have been a rifleman since I was 16. The Marine Corps made me a better one, but like everyone I need practice. I signed up with my daughter too for Corona in June and have enjoyed conversation, direction, and guidance from Savage shooter & Bob alike. I started my daughter on a BB gun last summer and she's moving up to the 22LR this summer. As surprise for her, she will be the proud recipient of her first rifle this June on her 11th birthday. I am looking forward to sharing my love of shooting and marksmanship with my daughter and my son (in the near future). I am also looking to rope my wife into it as well with the hopes that shooting is something we will enjoy as a family. What's that adage? "The family that shoots together..." See you in June!

L0ck3

Hello,

My first forum post. I have been to 4 Appleseeds, 3 in Piru and one at Angeles Range.  Just a little back story, I purchased my first 22lr in September 2009. While I had shot air rifles, I never used/owned anything of the powder variety. I really never thought about these tools until recently. I dont know what was the wake up call (maybe more of a slow realization of sorts) but I've seen the errors in my philosophical construct of "society".

I attended an Appleseed after reading a story by Massad Ayoob on the net. It was a cold and raining weekend but the instructors made the event happen, worked on the fundamentals and even tried to keep the rain off of us (still go wet though). It was a bit of a mud pit at the end of each day. Since that first AS, I've been going to the range with more purpose, drills and goals of precision.  It seems like every time I shoot now, I am correcting some flaw or unknown detail that affects my groupings. While I have a goal of Rifleman, I see I need to build a solid base of body position leading to NPOA each time. What really interesting about my learning curve is that I seemed to be doing better in the first AS and earlier part of the day that at the later.  I now realize that I had been relying on muscling the shot and when it came down to true NPOA, I had/have too many variables in my structure.

So off to the range I go again, groups getting smaller and more consistent and I know I could not have done this level of training without the appleseed instructors.

Thanks,
L0CK3
Thanks.
L0ck3 (Tom)
310-709-5608
I am capital L zero c k three on Appleseed forum and LibertySeed forum.

Every man has a property in his own person. This nobody has a right to, but himself.
--John Locke

Government has no other end, but the preservation of property.
--John Locke

V

Welcome LOck3, if you liked the Piru Mud Bowl you'll really love it in August  >:D

Hope to see you again.

Cheers
V

DOA

Just checking in. I attended my first Appleseed this past weekend in Piru. I have a great time and re-learned all the basics I learned during my time in the Marine Corps. While I didn't score Rifleman this time (205), I did enjoy myself and realize that shooting is a skill that needs to be kept up with.  O0

SavageShootr

Welcome gunnerd, L0ck3 and DOA.

Glad to have you all with us.

L0ck3 good self realization. Those muscles do tire throughout the day.

gunnerd I know your daughter will enjoy herself.

DOA great job!

FullCircle22

Hi folks, my family and I hail from the Central Coast, and are members of the San Luis Obispo Sportsmen's Association. 

I Have read and thoroughly enjoyed Fred's Guide, and am thrilled to be able to finally attend my first Appleseed, this July in Santa Barbara. 
"A prudent person foresees danger and takes precautions. The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences." --- Proverbs 22:3

bob 210

Welcome! We hope to be having another event at SLOSA this year, but until then, you have chosen one of the most beautiful ranges in our state.

Quote from: FullCircle22 on June 14, 2010, 04:34:57 PM
Hi folks, my family and I hail from the Central Coast, and are members of the San Luis Obispo Sportsmen's Association. 

I Have read and thoroughly enjoyed Fred's Guide, and am thrilled to be able to finally attend my first Appleseed, this July in Santa Barbara. 
If ye love wealth better than liberty,the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom,go home from us.We ask not your counsels or arms.Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you.May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen. SA

FullCircle22

Thanks bob!   I just missed the April Appleseed at SLOSA, but really want to attend the next one.  
"A prudent person foresees danger and takes precautions. The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences." --- Proverbs 22:3

tapatio

Hi all, heard about your fine organization on m14tfl.com, visited your website and now I'm hooked. I'm on the reserve list for the June shoot at Raahauges, hopefully will get a spot. If not I'll see you guys in August. Look forward to meeting you all.

Ron (Tapatio is my favorite hot sauce!)
"Freedom is never voluntarily given by the oppressor; it must be demanded by the oppressed." - Martin Luther King Jr.

artkat2

Hi FullCircle22,

I'm also a member at SLOSA. I think we are dangerously close to getting another Appleseed on the schedule at our "home range"! ..:..

I'm just around the corner in Los Osos, PM me if there's any questions you may have.
I'll keep you posted on our next shoot at SLOSA.

Andy
I do regard with horror a state of affairs which would make our country both unready and unwilling to defend its honor.
George S. Patton jr

Jules

Quote from: tapatio on June 15, 2010, 07:20:50 PM
Hi all, heard about your fine organization on m14tfl.com, visited your website and now I'm hooked. I'm on the reserve list for the June shoot at Raahauges, hopefully will get a spot. If not I'll see you guys in August. Look forward to meeting you all.

Ron (Tapatio is my favorite hot sauce!)

Welcome Tapatio! ( our daughter's favorite hot sauce too!)

If you get a chance tonight tune in to Rifleman Radio. It is on 5:30 pst on BlogTalk radio. Scout is on there every Tuesday evening, and you can call in and say howdy! I believe the website is www.blogtalkradio.com  Make sure when you log in and search for Appleseed Radio, that you get the one that is "on the air", or you will be listening to one from last week, last month.........who knows when. Those are all good to go back to listen to, but if you want to be current, I'm thinkin today's would be good.

Nice to meet ya!

Jules from N Cal
No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.

- Eleanor Roosevelt

Nehemiah

I'm brand new to the forum, checking in for the first time. I just shot the Corona Appleseed this weekend (qualified as Rifleman on Saturday). Great program! I can hardly wait to get back to work and spread the word. I'm already making a list of co-workers to whom I plan to "call out" to join me at another Appleseed. Any future plans of an actual long-distance Appleseed event closer to Orange County than the Piru location? (West End? Angeles Ranges?)
Nehemiah 4:13-18 I stationed the families at our vulnerable spots with their weapons. The men worked in shifts to rebuild our walls; one half worked while the other half guarded. Each of the workers had his weapon either at his side or in his hand while he worked.

apple pie

Hi, I'm apple pie, and I just attended my first Appleseed event June 26/27 at Glen Helen.  I understand that this was the first ladies only event in CA.  I had a great time and learned a lot, looking forward to the next one.  The instructors were awesome and the range was beautiful. The stories were inspiring and informative.  Glad I found this program.  Now if i could just find that doggone NPOA! LOL  O0

SavageShootr

Welcome Nehemiah. Congratulations on the patch!

Welcome applepie. It was a pleasure meeting you. Don't forget to do that Rifleman yoga. You and your husband can practice the positions together. We need more Instructor couples.