News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Georgians, checkin and form up on me!

Started by cannonman61, June 23, 2008, 08:59:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cannonman61

Hello the camp!

I know there's a bunch of us out there. Check in and let's see what we can put together for this state for the next year. The SE has been busy over the last 12 months and Georgia has been leading the way. Let's not let that slip away.

Muster up boys!

YMH&OS,
CM61
Artillery lends dignity to what would otherwise be a vulgar brawl.

VAshooter

Cannonman61

I see you mustered with the Ohio group as well as Georgia so I guess I should muster with the Georgia group as well as Virginia since I'll be there this weekend for an Appleseed. You will be there too won't you Cannonman? I haven't seen your name on the list and I was hoping to meet you.

VAshooter

Flathead

Hey Dave

Can't wait to get with you again and fire the big guns!! ;D!

When are you going to be in the toccoa area again?

cannonman61

Hey Flathead!

Long time no hear!

Sadly, I am deeply involved with my son's A/F and divorce woes and won't be able to travel to Taccoa until this fall.

You can come on down to Hinesville anytime though! The big guns are idle and only await skilled hands to bring them roaring to life.

sanderman79

Hey Dave,

I'm here and going to Bootcamp next week and starting my instructor training.  I am looking foward to what we can do in GA next year and the rest of this year. 

Raymon

SGTCap

icebrain

Present, and with a new C&R license...

cannonman61

All right all you guys that checked in,

How would you feel about a Georgia state "meeting/shoot" here in Hinesville at our range to meeet/greet/plan and shoot some time in the near future?

We can camp onsite, plan our next years events and collectively work out some kinks in Georgia's presentations while being onsite and doing some reall serious shooting and I will drag out the living history equipment and we can REALLY hammer down the history part until attendees to n Appleseed in GA get THE BEST history portion available anywhere in the program.

Any takers? And if so, when would be good? How abot the weekend of Thanksgiving or there abouts?

Chime in and give your 2 cents.

CM61

Daniel Boome

Daniel Boome checking in here. I come with my coonskin hat in hand. As a state coordinator I have fallen far short. My apologizes to all who have worked so diligently. I have however been renewed at the Toccoa Appleseed this past weekend. I will offer no excuses as excuses are tools of the weak and lazy. I will be more active from this point on and leave my previous transgression buried like a .308 in a berm. I have bought a printer for home use for which I will utilize to our advantage in spreading the word. I look forward to any tips from other coordinators.
A little background.
I have had little or no interest in guns or history until very very recently. I would not know the difference between a FAL and a M16. I take a minimalist approach to shooting as I shoot with scoped 22 (I wear freakin trifocals and found a scope almost a necessity)  I traded a big ole revolver for my 22 about a week prior to my first Appleseed on April 19 2008. I was surprised how much shooting technique was instilled in me by the excellent instructors that weekend, (Son of Martha, Flathead, and Silence) I was also buddied up with a very knowledgeable friend who introduced me to Appleseed (Deadeye Dave)  who helped tremendously as well. That being said I now have the rifleman bug. And now have an active interest in history. I will admit I get intimidated when I go to a gun store and listen to the tall tales and "mines bigger than yours" stories. That being said I should get over my self conscious nature because I have been taught and demonstrated that I can probably shoot more accurately than most of the folks doing the big talking. We shoot 1" squares at 25 meters and they shoot full size silhouettes at 10 meters with groups bigger than a hula loop. Which brings me  to the point, finally! I just don't have a big network of shooters other than my Appleseed friends and a few like minded friends. So I gotta suck it up and go out and sew the seeds. Please contact me if you are in the Ga area. Any advice and help will be much appreciated. Maybe some of ya'll can help me break the ice. Thank for your patience. Tracy
Tracy

Daniel Boome

Count me in for Hinesville. I am a camper.
Tracy

Buzzstrike

Quote from: Daniel Boome on June 30, 2008, 09:23:45 PM
Count me in for Hinesville. I am a camper.

No kidding.  You should have seen his "hooch" this past weekend. 

It looked as if you were really enjoying yourself there Boome.

If you wanted to see the difference in the FAL/AR15 platform, you should have asked me.  I had BOTH with me this weekend. 

Hope to catch you guys later in November. 

Buzz.
Montani Semper Liberi (Mountaineers Are Always Free)

Deadeye

If you wanted to see the difference in the FAL/AR15 platform, you should have asked me.  I had BOTH with me this weekend.

???
He'd already know if he'd been paying attention; I've built both of those rifles since he's known me!
;)

I worked at the gunshop where DB does most of his shopping. He's right, most people seem to think that rifle marksmanship in mostly a matter of how much crap you can hang off your rifle, and how many times and how fast you can pull the trigger. You don't have to be able to use it, you just have to have it!

Apparently, it works like voodoo!

Although, now that I think about it, some chicken bones might look really cool hanging off my muzzle...

November sounds good! Mrs. Deadeye will also attend!

Dave

sanderman79

November sounds good to me.  Maybe I can talk the missus into coming.  I can fry a turkey for everyone if we wonna.  After doing a bootcamp this past week I would like to see what happens at a IBC also.  So we need to get this all set up and pin down a date.

Raymon

militiaman 1741

Count me in CM.

I'll even lend my skilled hands.
Imagine them taking from a man what he has honestly earned !  It's theft disguised as government !

ann

Hi ya'll.  Brand new here and signed up for the Toccoa shoot in November.  Can't wait.  Will be there with my 18yo son.  We are in the middle ga area.  Who do I see about volunteering to help out?  I'm a good typist and computer person.  My day job is project manager in road construction.

BTW is there camping in Toccoa? or do we need to reserve a room?  anyone know the best place?

sanderman79

There is camping in Toccoa with a bathroom and running water.  And a cool old fireplace.  I am gonna bring a bunch of firewood and a finally some people with me.

Raymon

Flathead

Not alot of choices in toccoa to stay at a motel but plenty of camping space! Just set the tent to close to Sanderman!! I'm still looking for that grizzly that I am sure I heard that night!

SGTCap

This is GA, don't worry bout the grizzly's: worry about the banjos.   ;D

Flathead

The grizzly I heard was Sanderman sleeping!!!! But I am greatful that he let me share his tent with him!
We are going to try to keep from camping in the mud bowl!

Buzzstrike

So far I am a GO for the Nov AS.  There is a high probablity of my son comming along this time. 

He's 15y/o and finally getting his proverbial (sh1t) together.  I took him to a tactial rifle match up at the Creekside range by Cartersville this past weekend. 

OMG  I do believe I have a young rifleman in the making.  At 100yds with my CAR-15 using iron sights he was averaging a 70% hit rate on what looked to be a 6moa target.

I guess all of the talking at my local range with him using "our" Marlin Mod 60 is paying off.

Now I just need to get a LTR put together for Nov for him to use. 

I was PROUD of his performance and his level of attention to the rules of the range.

Hope to see all of you guys/gals soon.

Buzz.
Montani Semper Liberi (Mountaineers Are Always Free)

StoneDog

Jon Edwards here from just outside Suwanee city limits near the hooch.

I'll be at either Hinesville or Toccoa later this year (hopefully both) and am good for at least 3 AS shoots next year.  My father and father-in-law will also be at one or both of the these.

I have zero military experience but would consider stepping up as some sort of assistant instructor after I have a few more of these under my belt and can consistently shoot a 210+. 
"...it does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds..."

--Samuel Adams

agentofwrath

I'm going to the Appleseed in Toccoa and if I'm back in town after two weeks in New York City I'll be at the event in Hinesville.  It will probably be a walk on though....Thanks for all the work you are doing!

Joel
Savannah

cannonman61

Alright Appleseeders, time to bear down and work on that 7th step!

Everyone who has been to our Hinesville event, knows what a quality event it is. Now the challenge. We need to have 50 shooters on the line in one month. We have 12 preregistered. I know all the Hinesville alumni want to see the shoot and program grow. So, where are we witht that? Have you hit up your friends, neighbor and coworkers? Have you talked up the program and the Hinesville event at your local gun, hunting and fishing clubs? Let see if we can make this the biggest event in the SE this year!

In support of this goal I have arranged the following. The 2nd Company GeorgiaArtillery will be there in support with live fire from Muskets and Artillery to augment our history lessons. Any interested attendee may  fire a musket or touch off a round on Grendel. Where else in Appleseed does that happen? We have Prizes for 1st place Senior(over 21) shooter and 1st place Junior (under 21) shooter. We will have a catered BBQ lunch available delivered onsite for very reasonable prices. And to top it all off, we will have an authentic 18th century dinner with the same menu as last time with the exception of the meat dish. To try and top last time I have arranged for a WHOLE ROASTED PIG!! You heard right BBQ lovers. Where else do you get this kind of one two punch of instruction and history, all delivered with all the trimmings that Hinesville provides for the sign up price of a regular old Appleseed? Remember, Under 21- Free, Reenactors-FREE, Women-Free, Active duty military-FREE and still you get all the goodies if you just preregister!

Make a statement to everyone where you stand on the 2nd amendement BEFORE this next election. Attend the best of the Appleseeds and pass the heritage and history on to all you know!

cannonman61

Alright Appleseeders, time to bear down and work on that 7th step! PROMOTE THE PROGRAM! SELL OUT THIS EVENT! WE CAN HANDLE ! DOWN HERE. CAN YOU HELP MAKE IT HAPPEN?

Everyone who has been to our Hinesville event, knows what a quality event it is. Now the challenge. We need to have 50 shooters on the line in one month. We have 12 preregistered. I know all the Hinesville alumni want to see the shoot and program grow. So, where are we witht that? Have you hit up your friends, neighbor and coworkers? Have you talked up the program and the Hinesville event at your local gun, hunting and fishing clubs? Let see if we can make this the biggest event in the SE this year!

In support of this goal I have arranged the following. The 2nd Company GeorgiaArtillery will be there in support with live fire from Muskets and Artillery to augment our history lessons. Any interested attendee may  fire a musket or touch off a round on Grendel. Where else in Appleseed does that happen? We have Prizes for 1st place Senior(over 21) shooter and 1st place Junior (under 21) shooter. We will have a catered BBQ lunch available delivered onsite for very reasonable prices. And to top it all off, we will have an authentic 18th century dinner with the same menu as last time with the exception of the meat dish. To try and top last time I have arranged for a WHOLE ROASTED PIG!! You heard right BBQ lovers. Where else do you get this kind of one two punch of instruction and history, all delivered with all the trimmings that Hinesville provides for the sign up price of a regular old Appleseed? Remember, Under 21- Free, Reenactors-FREE, Women-Free, Active duty military-FREE and still you get all the goodies if you just preregister!

Make a statement to everyone where you stand on the 2nd amendement BEFORE this next election. Attend the best of the Appleseeds and pass the heritage and history on to all you know!

cannonman61

All right guys and gals,

We have less than 10 days to go.

I will be at the range this Sunday doing last minute tweaks with the mower and maybe bushhog.

I have the range supplies and the cardboard.

The lunches are planned. (Catered BBQ! -$5 or $6 each) Saturday Dinner is free for preregs! Colonial Larder board style! Those that were here last march know how good that is!

The cannon and reenacting equipment is here and ready.

What do we need?

1. Signs on 196 and Rt 84 as well as on Rye patch road
2. We need a bit of help with setup Friday afternoon and evening
3. We need more SHOOTERS!!!!!!! Only 21 preregs will not cut it!
Help me out here and get the message to every living, breathing person you know.
I will be in uniform at the local PX handing out flyers and RWVA Newspapersand CTD cataloges this Saturday in an effort to boost attendance. Who can help me out with some recruiting where they live?

Come on. If I can dress up in wool and stand in front of a store all morning Saturday, some of ya'l can download the flyer, copy a few and push them out to some likely attendees. We need all the rest of the seed this year to do better than we have seen recently. Numbers need to get into the 40s every time when at all possible. This event should be our SE showcase.
Please help me if you can.

Thanks much!

CM

cannonman61

One week left until the Hinesville shoot.

The short list countdown has begun.

I will go to the range tomorrow and check progress there. Then call and check up on our 18th century cook woman and her food stuffs.
Afterward I will run to Lowes for last minute range supplies and some sign materials to replace last years's stolen sign. ( alsa poor Caleb, we barely knew him :'( )

Militiaman has cut up some large pieces of carpet to create shooting mats for those who forget and don't have one for the shoot.

SgtCap is maing another run of flyer copies for me to make another last minute push to the local HS JROTC shooting team and a few local huants that ran low.

Silence, SoM, Talon, SgtCap, Boltgun71 and Sanderman are ready for the shoot to begin and all are to hopefully be onsite by 8pm so we can have an instructors meeting Friday Pm as we may have little time Sat am.

ANYTHING any of you can do to talk the event up and increase attendance is GREATLY appreciated!

I spent 6.5 hours on concrete with a nice display today outside of the local indoor range and gun shop.
I gave away 100 event flyers, 100 CTD catologes, 100 SWAT aricle reprints and 100 RWVA newspapers while trying to promote the local event and the program as a whole. I had very good responses and hopefully a few will sign up. At least as important, 100 more people at least know we exist than did this morning.

CM61

SGTCap

Hell I will be there by 3pm.  I just gotta go pick up my gear and the range dog after work and head back.

Can't go anywhere without my four legged shootin buddy.

Appalacious

Checking in from Perry (actually Grovania).

See you in Toccoa this weekend.
J
Condescension is a GOOD thing.

Southern Grey

Checking in.

Add me to the Georgia muster roll.

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others."
                                                 -- Ayn Rand

snaphook75

Hi Cannonman! Just checking in. I was at the fantastic event in Hinesville (you may recall, you helped my buddy with his "new" Garand). Thanks again for all the effort you put into the Appleseed!! It was fantastic! I sure hope things pan out for a repeat in March!!!