News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Racine Wi, July 7-8 AAR

Started by Trig, July 06, 2012, 11:52:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trig

What a glorious weekend to spend with 8 of the finest Americans this country has to offer.   The Temprature barely broke 80 degrees the whole weekend!  Thank you to RCLRC for the use of their range, and mostly to the shooter for taking the time out of their lives to help make this country a better place, one person at a time!

We had a great shoot and even had an opportunity to take half the shooters out to do some KD shooting!!  Fun was had by all, judging By the smiles!   :---

Congratulations to Wisconsin's newest Riflemen (and riflewoman!)
Sam (212 confirmed by a 221 later)
Bryan (210, pics of north bridge ceremony coming soon)
Joe (225)

Also 3 re-qualifiers

And Trisha earned her KD Patch!  :---

Group Instruction by nlcarlisle005, on Flickr

The Firing Line by nlcarlisle005, on Flickr

Racine 7/7-7/8 2012 bryan and cora by nlcarlisle005, on Flickr

Racine 7/7-7/8 2012 Donna by nlcarlisle005, on Flickr

Racine 7/7-7/8 2012 Svet and Gleb by nlcarlisle005, on Flickr

Racine 7/7-7/8 2012 group photo by nlcarlisle005, on Flickr
1st Appleseed - Osage Beach MO, 4/17/10- special thanks to Longshot, ThorsHammer, and JungleGeorge
2nd Appleseed - Lodi WI - Rifleman/Orange Hat 4/17/11 - special thanks to Dragonfly, Mr. Natural, Lady Vetch, and Trisha
IT1 - Hubertus WI, 5/7/11
IT2 - Racine WI, 6/11/11
IT3 - Suamico WI, 6/18/11
IT4 - Racine WI 8/7/11     ***KD Rifleman*** special thanks to Colycat and JoeZ
Red Hat - Hubertus 8/13/11
Shoot Boss - Lodi WI 6/10/12  *thanks to all I have learned/stolen from on my journey* Special thanks to Dfly and Coly *
********************Better Americans today, better America tomorrow!********************

2 clicks low

My thanks to all the great students that came out to enjoy a perfect weekend on the lake. Temps in the mid 80's and lots of sun. Can't beat it. Special thanks to our shoot boss Triggernick. Janir, great working with you as always. We were also visited by Trish & D-Fly who stopped by to help a reporter from The Racine Journal Times (article tomorrow) and to run KD for us.

Photos below.

2cl

"Semper Fritos" 1st. Chicago Chairborne

Goju

Many thanks to TriggerNick, 2CL, and Janir for running another great training weekend at RCLRC. You did the Appleseed organization proud and served the students well.

Bruce

Trig

1st Appleseed - Osage Beach MO, 4/17/10- special thanks to Longshot, ThorsHammer, and JungleGeorge
2nd Appleseed - Lodi WI - Rifleman/Orange Hat 4/17/11 - special thanks to Dragonfly, Mr. Natural, Lady Vetch, and Trisha
IT2 - Racine WI, 6/11/11
Shoot Boss - Lodi WI 6/10/12  *thanks to all I have learned/stolen from on my journey* Special thanks to Dfly and Coly *
********************Better Americans today, better America tomorrow!********************

colycat

Way to go Trisha.  I know this means a lot to you and you worked hard for it O0 O0
Quote from: triggernick on July 06, 2012, 11:52:01 PM

"These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives everything its value."   T Paine

dragonfly

Well done Trisha  O0 O0 O0 O0 O0

D-fly  Keeping the Faith

Quote from: colycat on July 09, 2012, 12:41:21 PM
Way to go Trisha.  I know this means a lot to you and you worked hard for it O0 O0
Quote from: triggernick on July 06, 2012, 11:52:01 PM

www.facebook.com/WIAppleseed

K.I.S.S.
Lead, Follow or Get out of the way - Thomas Paine
Did you talk to someone new about APPLESEED today ?
The United States Constitution.

BugginOut

Plan A = saving the country.
-Fred

2 clicks low

"Semper Fritos" 1st. Chicago Chairborne

bigslice

Just wanted to send a big thanks to Triggernick, "Mr. 2 Click" (Tom's nickname for 2CL  :) ), Janir, D-fly (I think i have that right..), and Trish for a great weekend.  With four skinless elbows, a lobster red sunburn on necks and noses, and a few creaking bones, Cora and I definitely enjoyed ourselves and absorbed an abundance of information (and there is always room for more...).  It was great to meet everyone else too!  Hoping to come back out at the end of July or to CCKC in August, along with a couple new faces...

Thanks again!!

Bryan

Goju

Eric Buhlmann

Congratulations Trisha!!!  A rifleman always persists, but I can't believe you beat me to "ND"!!!   :---
"Did I seriously just hit that?"

Goju

Dragonfly - Thank you very much for allowing us the use of the equipment on the KD range. It was a great opportunity to get our feet wet and see what we have to look forward to in our continuing training.

Trig

IT2 - Racine WI, 6/11/11

KentuckyWindage

I had an amazing time!

It took about 10 AQT tests but I finally got what I was aiming for! (Figuratively and literally!)

One of the best parts of the whole weekend was the history lessons, it made me proud to live in the USA!
When all else fails, just guess where the shot will go!

AFTERMATH

Racine will always have a special place in my heart as that is where I first scored Rifleman!  Oh where has time gone?  I'll be back. :cool2:

Congratulations Riflemen and women!

Quote from: 2 clicks low on July 09, 2012, 03:02:07 PM
We made the paper. How the heck did I end up in every shot? %)

http://www.journaltimes.com/news/local/rifle-classes-teach-marksmanship-u-s-history/article_c93ca9f0-c980-11e1-b4f7-0019bb2963f4.html

2cl

That reporter oughta get a free AS certificate for a great write-up!  (And for making you famous! ^-^)
"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

"Tyrants rise and fall, but tyranny lasts forever." -Me

[What kind of megalomaniac quotes himself?]

Trisha

Thank you everyone!! I am so glad D-fly dragged me along to this Appleseed so I could shoot "ND". I cannot believe how amazing it felt to really know how to handle the AR, everything just seemed so right with it. Thank you Dfly for the opportunity to use your rifle, I loved it. Triggernick, Janir and 2cl great job, at least on Sunday since thats all I saw... ::)  ;D

Sam, Bryan and Joe congratulations on your Rifleman score!!

Everyone else keep working on it, that 210 or above is out there I promise.

Just in the time I was at the 25yard range, I saw a lot of improvement. It is great to see everyone there even when the sun is beating down on you all. 

Trig

welcome to the forums KentuckyWindage and BigSlice!!! Hope to see you around, it was great to meet you!
IT2 - Racine WI, 6/11/11

colycat

Welcome to the forum Bryan.  Hope to meet you at one of those events.

Quote from: bigslice on July 09, 2012, 05:00:31 PM
Just wanted to send a big thanks to Triggernick, "Mr. 2 Click" (Tom's nickname for 2CL  :) ), Janir, D-fly (I think i have that right..), and Trish for a great weekend.  With four skinless elbows, a lobster red sunburn on necks and noses, and a few creaking bones, Cora and I definitely enjoyed ourselves and absorbed an abundance of information (and there is always room for more...).  It was great to meet everyone else too!  Hoping to come back out at the end of July or to CCKC in August, along with a couple new faces...

Thanks again!!

Bryan
"These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives everything its value."   T Paine

Janir

And here are some more pics!
Congrats to our new Riflemen and Riflewoman and our KD Riflewoman!
You we're all a wonderful group to work with!
"The Tree of Liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -Thomas Jefferson

"Our forefathers gave us a better way to refresh the Tree of Liberty. If we give our blood and sweat now,  willingly, by using the political and social processes they secured for us with their lives, maybe our own Posterity will never have to unwillingly spill their blood and tears to re-secure their Liberty. " - Janir