News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Palmerton, PA - July 7-8, 2012 - AAR

Started by Chainsaw, July 09, 2012, 11:20:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chainsaw

16 Fine folks got off the couch and into the sauna in Palmerton, PA this weekend.  I don't need to tell anyone that it was hot.  We were luckier than some as our highest temp at the range was 97 under our EZups.  We had a pack of cancellations due to the heat, but actually ended up with more than our preregistered number because of some brave walk-ons.

We took it slow and were prepared with plenty of cold fluids and the nuclear strength sun block.

Friday night started out with some of us camping in the picnic grove across the street.  Again I wonder why more people don't take advantage of that... Yes it was hard to sleep in the humidity, but that just got us ready for the heat on Sat!

It was a good day on Saturday with nothing unusual to report.  Oh, except that half of our line was women.  That's the highest percentage I've seen short of a Ladyseed and it's great to see.  Well done ladies!

We finished up just in time for some world class thunder-boomers to roll through.  The range's electronic key system was fried by lightning a few days before so we were happy to be out of there...

Sunday was well, hot.

Congrats to Kyle on his 210!  It may have been a little bit higher, but I scored it pretty conservatively... for his benefit, we had the North Bridge Water kept on ice.

Luci was our only youngster of the event.  She did great with her 15-22.  Of course she didn't have a choice as I threatened to hasenfeffer her pet rabbit if she didn't.  She knew I wasn't kidding as SSG Platz had just eaten a grasshopper that had taken a shine to her.  You can tell Platz was infantry.

Overall, nice safe job by everyone under harsh conditions.

All of you folks from NJ and NYC, you're welcome back to PA anytime!
Tom Scheller

Domari Nolo

R1SGx2

With Temps nearing 100, good job by all.

16 shooters in the heat like this is a good thing, sounds like you were prepared,
QuoteWe took it slow and were prepared with plenty of cold fluids and the nuclear strength sun block.

The ladies numbers on the Northeast seem to be on the climb, this is a diffenent good thing. Hat is off to you ladies. Even Luci with an AR-15/22, good work.

Sounds like it was a good weekend with the weather throwing all she had at you.

Remember to dry fire, practice and trust NPOA it works.

Nice work shooters and instructor cadre... O0 :bow:
"Eyes of the Warrior - Always open"
"What's the weather got to do with it, lets go."
"Appleseed, where good people come together to save a nation."

SSG Platz

Congradulations Kurt! 210, thank your neighbor for shooting your target. I will post pictures when I get home, wish you could post pics from your iPhone.

~PlatzOut~
Lord make me fast and accurate. Let my aim be true, and my hands faster than those who would seek to destroy me.  Grant me victory over my foes, and those  that wish to do harm to me and mine. Let not my last thought be if I only had my Gun; and loard if today is truly the day that you take me home, let me die in a pile of empty brass.

NJ-rattler

Thanks for running such a fine shoot.  Beautiful part of the country and I really love the backwoods of PA including such fine people. If it were a little warmer, I think me and the woman would think about moving to the wonderful free state of PA.  God bless and we'll hopefully see you at the September shoot.

SSG Platz

All I can say, is you know your in Pennsil-tukey when you go to an Appleseed and not only shooters but instructors are on the line with no shoes! Only in the back woods of PA. I wonder if the guys from the 1st PA rifles wore shoes?

~PlatzOut~
Lord make me fast and accurate. Let my aim be true, and my hands faster than those who would seek to destroy me.  Grant me victory over my foes, and those  that wish to do harm to me and mine. Let not my last thought be if I only had my Gun; and loard if today is truly the day that you take me home, let me die in a pile of empty brass.