News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Texas Company, check in!

Started by didactic, June 21, 2008, 10:32:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scuzzy

Quote from: Sheepdog on August 13, 2020, 05:39:20 AM
Hey Y'all Sheepdog here checking in from our new digs in Lindale (north of Tyler).

Anything going on in this neck of the woods? I have been sidelined for a bit but ready for some TOG.

Hope to be meeting some of you soon.

Regards, Sheepdog

Hey Sheepdog - it'll be good to see you back in the saddle. Just to be sure - did you want to come back as an instructor? I'll have to get you reinstated since right now you are set as a retired shoot boss.

scuzzy

Oh and everybody - we do have a new range in Gainesville, TX (near the Oklahoma border) - even have a KD scheduled for December 5-6, 2020.

Gainesville, TX Appleseed September 5, 2020 - One Day Event
    Gainesville, TX Appleseed October 3, 2020 - One Day Event
    Gainesville, TX Appleseed November 7, 2020 - One Day Event
    Gainesville, TX Known Distance Appleseed December 5-6, 2020

That would only be  about a 1 hour drive for Dan & Jason.

An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.

NJrefugee

Nice! I may have to jump in to that KD.

Texasdawg

Hello everyone. Texasdawg checking in. I live north of Fort Worth in Justin and would like to find some Appleseed events to attend with my sons. Anyone know if there are going to be more events at the Gainesville range in 2021 or at other locations in North Texas? Thanks and looking forward to meeting some of you.

Mrs. Smith

Quote from: Texasdawg on January 04, 2021, 09:05:58 PM
Hello everyone. Texasdawg checking in. I live north of Fort Worth in Justin and would like to find some Appleseed events to attend with my sons. Anyone know if there are going to be more events at the Gainesville range in 2021 or at other locations in North Texas? Thanks and looking forward to meeting some of you.

Hi there!

Here's a link to the Texas schedule as it stands currently. Check back often for updates! 

https://appleseedinfo.org/schedule/?qstate=TX&state=Texas
"Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren't." - Margaret Thatcher

You can have peace, or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once. - Robert A. Heinlein

"A generation which ignores history has no past, and no future." - Lazarus Long

"What we do now echoes in eternity." Marcus Aurelius

Waco 1-17       Waco 1-19     El Paso 7-19       Alamogordo 5-20     Albuquerque 7-21       Houston 8-21 (SBC)    Colorado Springs  2-22 (SBC)    Midland 8-22 (KDIBC)     Albuquerque 2-23      Harvard 5-23      El Paso 12-23 (PIBC)     Phoenix 2-24    El Paso 3-24

Texasdawg

Thank you for the feedback Mrs. Smith.

KProctor

Hello there, Our normal shoot boss for Gainesville mentioned that she may be starting one up around march. Its a phenomenal range and you'll have a blast, In the mean time Waco is just 2 short hours away with a equally impressive range. The next one is this month in January. And I believe it still had quite a lot of openings available. Hope to see you on the range soon bud.
Rifleman   06/20
Rifle KD     12/20
Pistoleer™    07/21
Rimfire KD 01/22
Morgans Shingle 05/22

Texasdawg

Thanks KProctor. This info really helps with planning to attend an event. See ya at the range.

Leam

New guy in Wichita Falls. Plan is to be in Gainesville for the 26-27 Jun 21 Appleseed.

AF5US

Hi Leam!  You & I have been talking a bit via email already.  Just wanted to take a moment here & say welcome back to Texas!  Looking forward to meeting you next weekend in person.

-Jason

Quote from: Leam on June 18, 2021, 02:25:38 PM
New guy in Wichita Falls. Plan is to be in Gainesville for the 26-27 Jun 21 Appleseed.
Rifleman:                          04/2016
Known Distance Rifleman:  10/2018
Pistoleer™:                          08/2019
Distinguished Rifleman:      07/2020
Morgan's Shingle:              12/2021
Standing Morgan's Shingle: 11/2022
Member: GOA (Gun Owners of America)
Member: FPC (Firearms Policy Coalition)
Life Member: NRA (National Rifle Association)

Leam

Quote from: AF5US on June 18, 2021, 05:59:16 PM
Hi Leam!  You & I have been talking a bit via email already.  Just wanted to take a moment here & say welcome back to Texas!  Looking forward to meeting you next weekend in person.

-Jason

Looking forward to meeting you, sir! And, of course, seeing if there are any broad-sided barns I might be able to hit...

Steck

Leam, good to "see" you, and glad we have a nearly-next-door Appleseed range for you!

The_ACUnicorn

New guy from Rockwall, TX checking in.

I've been wanting to do an Appleseed shoot for many years, but never had the geographic good fortune to be near one when it was happening. I hope to change that before the end of this year.

Hope everyone is gearing up for a great weekend in this amazing weather we're having in the DF Dub!

AF5US

Welcome to Texas!

Rockwall - you're just a short hop from my area in Plano  O0

We'd love to see you out with us.  The two closest ranges to you will be Waco and Gainesville; both are excellent.  There's a fair chance that you'd see me at either one.  For Gainesville, the rest of 2021 is either private events for groups that booked up in advance, or known distance  :snipersmi (you'd want to do a 25 meter event first).  There will be more 25m events in Gainesville in 2022.  Waco has more open events, and generally meets the third weekend of every month.

Let me know if there are any questions we can help with!

-AF5US, aka "Jason"

Cool Arrow

Hello Everyone, Javier checking back in! My nephew and I attended several Appleseed shoots in San Antonio about 3 or 4 years back. We had a blast and it got me hooked on to shooting small paper targets.

I never quite made it to my Rifleman badge though, those rapid stages are not a joke. I think I came up 5 points shy on my best target. Needless to say that Rifleman badge has been lingering in the back of my mind as I've continued shooting over the years.

I'll be attending the Oct 15 and 16th in San Antonio and hope to improve my hold. I will see everyone there!
Rifleman 11/6/2021
Distinguished Rifleman 12/4/2021

"Fear is the enemy, confidence is the cure" - Emil Praslick, USAMU

"I am confident of certain victory, Pil Sung!"

Mrs. Smith

Welcome back to the party,  Javier! That SA crew is really something special. They'll have you back in the groove before you can say, "your preparation period has ended!"
"Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren't." - Margaret Thatcher

You can have peace, or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once. - Robert A. Heinlein

Waco 1-17       Waco 1-19     El Paso 7-19       Alamogordo 5-20     Albuquerque 7-21       Houston 8-21 (SBC)    Colorado Springs  2-22 (SBC)    Midland 8-22 (KDIBC)     Albuquerque 2-23      Harvard 5-23      El Paso 12-23 (PIBC)     Phoenix 2-24    El Paso 3-24

Cool Arrow

Mrs. Smith,
They are the best bunch. I am always talking up Appleseed when I tell people how I got in to shooting. I shoot High Power now and I would not have known about marksmanship at all and this great discipline and community without them!
Rifleman 11/6/2021

PaleRider

Javier,
It'll be great to see you again!
Tim
"And I looked, and behold a pale horse; and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him." Rev 6:8

Steck

Javier, welcome back!  We're all rooting for you.

Cool Arrow

Thanks for everything this weekend guys!
Rifleman 11/6/2021

AF5US

Well now I'm a little bit jealous.  I thought that I was the cool guy because I passed around Saratoga quarters during history lessons.  What no-good instructor is one-upping me and handing these out with patches????  ;D

Mrs. Smith

Quote from: AF5US on December 23, 2021, 11:17:55 AM
Well now I'm a little bit jealous.  I thought that I was the cool guy because I passed around Saratoga quarters during history lessons.  What no-good instructor is one-upping me and handing these out with patches????  ;D

You do quarters too? I started giving them for cleared Redcoats last fall. Stole the idea from Pennsylvania  O0

Mrs. Tuber

The Husby (Mr Tuber) and I participated in 25m at Kerrville (Jan '23 for his birthday - he riflemanned) and pistol clinic in Temple ( May '23 for my birthday - we both earned pistolero). Working hard to get my Rifleman so we can do the steps to bring Appleseed southeast of San Antonio. We live in the delightfully small town of Runge.
"Beware the praying wife!" B. Fletcher

AF5US

That's fantastic, thanks for putting in the effort to help spread the message!

Quote from: Mrs. Tuber on May 18, 2023, 11:06:42 PM
The Husby (Mr Tuber) and I participated in 25m at Kerrville (Jan '23 for his birthday - he riflemanned) and pistol clinic in Temple ( May '23 for my birthday - we both earned pistolero). Working hard to get my Rifleman so we can do the steps to bring Appleseed southeast of San Antonio. We live in the delightfully small town of Runge.

Sheepdog

I'm here in Tyler. Checking in for Texas. Hoping I'm doing it right.

Mike/Sheepdog
RAMSEUR: SEVEN OH EIGHT

Steck

Sheepdog

RAMSEUR: SEVEN OH EIGHT

Jaxxon222

Jaxxon222 checking in from Grey Forest, Tx.  I earned my Rifleman patch at the 11/11 Kerrville, Tx, shoot.  I 'membered up' yesterday and I'm looking forward to doing a KD soon as well as getting more involved in supporting the organization overall.   Just now, time is at a premium between work, church, family, and my current stint as a city councilman, but my term is up in March 2025.  I'm planning on ruffling enough feathers to ensure I don't get re-elected, so my calendar should open up a lot after that.  :)

scuzzy

Quote from: Jaxxon222 on November 14, 2023, 04:34:55 PM
I'm planning on ruffling enough feathers to ensure I don't get re-elected, so my calendar should open up a lot after that.  :)

lol - you sound like a good man.

An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.

SassyLassy

Checking in from Denton County.

Made rifleman in July 2021.

Last event:  KD 11/25-11/26

Hit the shingle!  ^:)^

AF5US

Quote from: SassyLassy on November 27, 2023, 04:40:35 PMChecking in from Denton County.

Made rifleman in July 2021.

Last event:  KD 11/25-11/26

Hit the shingle!  ^:)^

Hey! I know you!  Glad to see you're finding your way around the forum, even if you're being a little humble.

Ladies and gentlemen, not only did SassyLassy hit the shingle - she won the KD range estimation exercise.  Against 9 other participants. USING ONLY A BASIC DUPLEX RETICLE  :bow: