News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Texas Company, check in!

Started by didactic, June 21, 2008, 10:32:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KG5JIV

Good evening everyone, just checking in and looking forward to making a shoot soon. either Waco or Ft Worth maybe both. Name is William and I'm in Johnson County, look forward to meeting some like minded shooters.

Ragnar Delta

Welcome!

We look forward to having you out!

Anything we can help you with or any questions we can answer, let us know!

KG5RAD

AF5US

Quote from: KG5JIV on May 22, 2018, 11:38:25 PM
Good evening everyone, just checking in and looking forward to making a shoot soon. either Waco or Ft Worth maybe both. Name is William and I'm in Johnson County, look forward to meeting some like minded shooters.

What kind of person uses their amateur radio call sign as a forum handle?

Wait . . . oh . . . I did . . . 

Hold on - "Plan on making a Waco and / or a Ft. Worth shoot" - I'm at most of those events.  And . . . there's a William that lives in my house . . .

Are . . . are you me?  Are we the same person? **)

Okay, okay - all joking aside . . . Welcome! I'm Looking forward to meeting you at one of these events!  :F

-Jason
Rifleman:                          04/2016
Known Distance Rifleman:  10/2018
Pistoleer™:                          08/2019
Distinguished Rifleman:      07/2020
Morgan's Shingle:              12/2021
Standing Morgan's Shingle: 11/2022
Member: GOA (Gun Owners of America)
Member: FPC (Firearms Policy Coalition)
Life Member: NRA (National Rifle Association)

Mike AKA Bandaid

A Texan in Washington State...

Hope to get back down home to shoot an Appleseed.

And to my HAM brothers, 73 de N5BLU

-Mike aka Bandaid
Known Distance Rifleman 07/2018
PNW Morgans Rifleman 07/2018
Red Hat 09/2018
Distinguished 10/2018

AF5US

Quote from: Mike AKA Bandaid on May 23, 2018, 03:08:30 PM
A Texan in Washington State...

Hope to get back down home to shoot an Appleseed.

And to my HAM brothers, 73 de N5BLU

-Mike aka Bandaid

Mike, you're always welcome at any of our Texas shoots.  Come spend a week of vacation visiting the family, and see who you can get to go with!   :snipersmi

KG5JIV

Thanks for the welcome, and good to know there are other  :sos:  :snipersmi operators here as well. my June is looking full but will get out as soon as I can. my local ham club, youth 4H and Church events keep my weekends full, but I still manage a little range time for myself when I can.

TXPAT

San Antonio here. Cheers, Amigos!
New Ham KI5BYI.

AF5US

73's!   O0

What brings you to Project Appleseed???

AF5US (a.k.a. "Jason")

Quote from: TXPAT on November 20, 2018, 11:22:04 AM
New Ham KI5BYI.

TXPAT

Quote from: AF5US on November 20, 2018, 12:26:56 PM
73's!   O0

What brings you to Project Appleseed???

AF5US (a.k.a. "Jason")

Quote from: TXPAT on November 20, 2018, 11:22:04 AM
New Ham KI5BYI.

Shooting fundamentals, gathering with like-minded folks, did I mention shooting?

AF5US

You're in the right place!

Quote from: TXPAT on November 21, 2018, 05:09:48 PM
Shooting fundamentals, gathering with like-minded folks, did I mention shooting?

Don'tFix1776

Hello all, Marshall from South-central Texas checking in and looking to help out from time to time. I cut my teeth with Appleseed in Alice, Texas. This is a great group to get involved with.
Rifleman: Alice, TX Shoot 2018
KD Rifleman: New Braunfels, TX Shoot 2020
Morgan's Shingle: New Braunfels, TX Shoot 2023

Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends. John 15:13 KJV

AF5US

Welcome, glad you're joining in!  O0

Quote from: Don'tFix1776 on November 26, 2018, 12:45:43 PM
Hello all, Marshall from South-central Texas checking in and looking to help out from time to time. I cut my teeth with Appleseed in Alice, Texas. This is a great group to get involved with.

Roguetom

Roguetom here from DFW.
Just atteded my 3rd Appleseed weekend in Waco with our Trail Life Troop 226 from Plano, TX.  It was a very well taught event that yielded 4 new Riflemen and several recertifications. Several also stepped up to take Orange hats.
BTW the Central Texas Rifle and Pistol Club
Is the nicest outdoor range I have ever been to.
Train up a child in the way he should go, And when he is old he will not depart from it.  Proverbs 22:6
                          Trail Life USA Troop TX-0226
Then He said to them, "But now, he who has a money bag, let him take it, and likewise a knapsack; and he who has no sword, let him sell his garment and buy one. Luke 22: 36
"Those who hammer their guns into plowshares will plow for those who do not."

AF5US

Quote from: Roguetom on February 20, 2019, 02:40:38 PM
Roguetom here from DFW.
Just atteded my 3rd Appleseed weekend in Waco with our Trail Life Troop 226 from Plano, TX.  It was a very well taught event that yielded 4 new Riflemen and several recertifications. Several also stepped up to take Orange hats.
BTW the Central Texas Rifle and Pistol Club
Is the nicest outdoor range I have ever been to.
Welcome Roguetom!  Sorry that I wasn't able to make that event, although I do make most of the Waco events.  Trail Life is a fantastic organization as well; I always enjoy time with those young men.  If that was your 3rd event there I wouldn't be too surprised if we've crossed paths in the past, & we probably will cross paths again in the future.

If you're in the DFW area, you might want to look at volunteering at the Quail Creek range March 9.  It's a 1-day event, & I'll be shoot-bossing it.  Currently we have all of 2 instructors  $$-0; you'd be very welcome to join us!

-Jason

Rychek

Hey yall!  I'm Ryan from Bandera County.  I just attended my first Appleseed shoot today (in San Antonio) and it was a total blast!  I haven't been this sore from having fun in a very long time.  I even made Rifleman (no one was more surprised by this accomplishment than I was) on the last AQT of the day.  I look forward to doing more Appleseed events and brining some friends along as well.

NJrefugee

Ryan,

Welcome to the Appleseed family and congrats on earning your Rifleman patch!  We would love to see you at another event soon, so that you can build on your success and continue to improve.

Definitely bring friends and encourage those you know to bring their kids.  There's a Tippmann Appleseed rifle giveaway going on to encourage parents to shoot with their kids at Texas events.

I'm usually in Waco or DFW. Hope to see you on the line if you're ever up this way.

Regards,
NJrefugee

Gig_em

Good evening,
Checking in from south Texas.  Started with A-Lister in Alice and just did the KD with Ghostring, Palerider, A-lister, and others whose handles I do not know.  Had a great time and looking forward to more history, marksmanship, and fun in the future!
Thanks!
-Gig'em-

Mercedes

Welcome to the TX Instructor Cadre!

You're surrounded by some of the BEST instructors in Texas...listen well and learn quickly.  A-lister and Pale Rider can use the help!

Debbie

Webb

Clint Webb - Been off the radar for a bit, but checking in.
Clint Webb

Mercedes

NJrefugee

Clint -- good to hear from you!  We got a falling-apart bolt gun from the 40s waiting for you here for your requal!

AF5US

Clint!

Good to hear from ya!

-Jason

Quote from: Ammo Dog on November 26, 2019, 02:48:28 PM
Clint Webb - Been off the radar for a bit, but checking in.

Golgo13

Hey all -

It looks like it's been awhile since anyone posted in this thread, and since I am pretty lame at forums, I figured here was as a good a place as any to post.

Am a new Orange Hat (IIT) and am excited to get more involved in the program.   I am located just north of San Antonio in Bulverde.    Was looking to make the KD this weekend down the road near New Braunfels - but promised the wife I would take a few weekends to get the spring gardens ready.  :)

I am planning on attending the KD in May and then continuing the IIT fun at the Appleseed on April 24/25 in San Antonio.

In other news, am also an EMT-B, and a ham - KC5HUO.      I am an avid blackpowder/muzzleloader shooter, so the history aspects of Appleseed are right up my alley . . . .
"We can no longer live as rats.  We know too much."
- Nicodemus, The Secret of NIMH

orionfoundation.org
@theorionfoundation

Mrs. Smith

Quote from: Golgo13 on March 08, 2020, 11:21:29 PM
Hey all -

It looks like it's been awhile since anyone posted in this thread, and since I am pretty lame at forums, I figured here was as a good a place as any to post.

Am a new Orange Hat (IIT) and am excited to get more involved in the program.   I am located just north of San Antonio in Bulverde.    Was looking to make the KD this weekend down the road near New Braunfels - but promised the wife I would take a few weekends to get the spring gardens ready.  :)

I am planning on attending the KD in May and then continuing the IIT fun at the Appleseed on April 24/25 in San Antonio.

In other news, am also an EMT-B, and a ham - KC5HUO.      I am an avid blackpowder/muzzleloader shooter, so the history aspects of Appleseed are right up my alley . . . .

Welcome to our (dysfunctional) TX family! You're in good hands in SA (but if you tell Tim I said that, I'll deny it!)
"Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren't." - Margaret Thatcher

You can have peace, or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once. - Robert A. Heinlein

"A generation which ignores history has no past, and no future." - Lazarus Long

"What we do now echoes in eternity." Marcus Aurelius

Waco 1-17       Waco 1-19     El Paso 7-19       Alamogordo 5-20     Albuquerque 7-21       Houston 8-21 (SBC)    Colorado Springs  2-22 (SBC)    Midland 8-22 (KDIBC)     Albuquerque 2-23      Harvard 5-23      El Paso 12-23 (PIBC)     Phoenix 2-24    El Paso 3-24

AF5US

Quote from: Golgo13 on March 08, 2020, 11:21:29 PM
Hey all -

From one ham to another, it's great to have you!  You're going to love the KD, & the New Braunfels range is a great one to run it.  I'm closer to the DFW area but I try to make one in the Spring & one in the Fall, so I may even see you there!

73's de AF5US, a.k.a. Jason!

scuzzy

Quote from: AF5US on March 09, 2020, 11:26:05 AM

From one ham to another, it's great to have you!

And Jason is a 'Ham' in more ways than one. Sorry Jason - I just couldn't resist.  >:D
An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.

AF5US

Quote from: scuzzy on March 09, 2020, 06:47:17 PM
Quote from: AF5US on March 09, 2020, 11:26:05 AM

From one ham to another, it's great to have you!

And Jason is a 'Ham' in more ways than one. Sorry Jason - I just couldn't resist.  >:D

I'd like to argue, but . . .
No.  I can't argue.  That's a fair statement.  ;D

Sheepdog

Hey Y'all Sheepdog here checking in from our new digs in Lindale (north of Tyler).

Anything going on in this neck of the woods? I have been sidelined for a bit but ready for some TOG.

Hope to be meeting some of you soon.

Regards, Sheepdog
RAMSEUR: SEVEN OH EIGHT

NJrefugee

Sheepdog - good to hear from you. Waco is the closest range to your area. I live in the Plano/McKinney area, and Waco is worth the 2+ hour drive. Great camping and awesome range.

AF5US

Hi Sheepdog, ditto what NJRefugee said - all the way down to the fact that we're practically neighbors.  Live in the same area, & I'd say the range is well worth the trip.  Looking forward to meeting you!