News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Texas Company, check in!

Started by didactic, June 21, 2008, 10:32:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hilltop

Hilltop here and proud to be!

Two Wolves

Welcome aboard---  :~

A moral compass provides a basis for making decisions; an action is good or bad, right or wrong when viewed in the light of the individual's moral bearing. If no moral compass exists for the individual, then decisions and actions are made on the basis of purely subjective thoughts. This leads to "If it makes me happy, or makes me feel good, or if it's something I simply want to do, then it is right and good."

El Tejano

EL TEJANO checking in last shoot Lady Seed 10/5-6/13 in Fredericksburg operation manslave as Two Wolfs calls it.  !@#) Next shoot 10/19-20/13 in Fredericksburg :cool2:

Gugisman

N. TX crew member checking in.... MaryL too!
The right to freedom is the gift of God Almighty....The rights of the Colonists as Christians may be best understood by reading, and carefully studying the institutes of the great Lawgiver and head of the Christian Church: which are to be found clearly written and promuligated in the New Testament.
― Samuel Adams

Kelso

Kelso here - just moved back to Texas in November after being away for 25 years!

Fannin County
Last shoot: Waterman, IL, August, 2013 - SBit1
"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men."
― Samuel Adams

"No people will tamely surrender their Liberties, nor can any be easily subdued, when knowledge is diffused and virtue is preserved. On the Contrary, when People are universally ignorant, and debauched in their Manners, they will sink under their own weight without the Aid of foreign Invaders."
― Samuel Adams

putamare

Just got back from my first event in Fredericksburg on March 22-23, '14. Looking forward to the next time I can make one, and passing the word along to all my friends, real and electronic.

scuzzy

Quote from: putamare on March 24, 2014, 12:00:53 PM
Just got back from my first event in Fredericksburg on March 22-23, '14. Looking forward to the next time I can make one, and passing the word along to all my friends, real and electronic.

Hey putamare - glad you enjoyed the event. The Fredericksburg crew are a great bunch.
An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.

spitstickler

If you do Facebook, be sure to drop by the Appleseed Texas page and give it a like.

fb.com/appleseedtexas

Quote from: putamare on March 24, 2014, 12:00:53 PM

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work."  -Thomas Edison

KnowFear

Dave here - new TX resident now living near Gilmer.

Moved from p.r.o.California - rifleman spring 2013 under the instruction of the wonderful California crew at Castro Valley / Chabot.

Happy to have hosted an Instructor Boot Camp at my California home.

Look forward to AS activity in our new home here in Texas!

Who is John Galt?

Nero

Quote from: KnowFear on June 01, 2014, 09:22:13 AM

Moved from p.r.o.California - rifleman spring 2013 under the instruction of the wonderful California crew at Castro Valley / Chabot.

You too!  We moved to Idaho just over two weeks ago!  Walking to freedom!
"Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet depreciate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground. They want rain without thunder and lightning. They want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters." —Frederick Douglass

scuzzy

Quote from: KnowFear on June 01, 2014, 09:22:13 AM

Howdy and Welcome to Texas. I hope to see you on the Appleseed trail someday.

Pistolgrip

"Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." ~ Mark Twain

sleepy Joe

anybody look at this TX company check in stuff?
By the numbers

eth77

Decoy71

Hey ya'll.

I attended my first Appleseed in Fredericksburg Dec 6-7, 2014. I learned a lot and had a lot of fun doing it. I am looking forward to the next one.

Best Regards,

Kyle

Forsacor

I attended an Appleseed in MD and PA when I lived on the East Coast. Now a TX resident, I'm looking forward to attending more. Hoping there are some coming to Central Texas in 2015.

TT92

TT92 here, back to Texas after having left in 1998.  Been a long time, good to be back!

First Appleseed in Orlando, FL in July 2014.  Earned my Rifleman patch using a CZ 452 Ultra Lux with the factory irons.

I look forward to meeting y'all on the range!

Tom T.
I want an Official Red Ryder Carbine-Action Two-Hundred-Shot Range Model Air Rifle!!

A-lister

Fredericksburg checking in! Looking forward to another great year in Appleseed! As was said at the 1st Liberty pole in Farmington Conn. May 19, 1774 about the Boston blocade:
"That we scorn the chains of slavery; we despise every attempt to rivet them upon us; we are the sons of freedom and resolve that, till time shall be no more, Godlike virtue shall blazon our hemisphere."  ;D
1st Appleseed march 6 2014. Earned Rifleman and became a volunteer. So proud to be able to be a part of such a group of men and women.
We in America do not have government by the majority-we have government by the majority who participate......All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
Thomas Jefferson

Weezer

Weezer here, checking in as, quite possibly, the only person in Fairview who drives to Waco for events.   ;D
Also, might possibly be the only person who keeps refreshing the RBC/IBC registration page hoping to see on in TEXAS this year...   :sos:
"I must study politics and war that my sons may have liberty to study mathematics and philosophy." -- John Adams

"Texas Forever, Six!" --Tim Riggins

scuzzy

Hey All,

Good to hear from y'all. And looking forward to seeing Weezer in Waco next month - and thanks for helping with the email inquiries. Between you and Stacy I don't even have to mess with it anymore. And rb - I just got a PM from Two Wolves - we'll be getting Fredericksburg on the schedule as soon as possible.

And yeah - Texas is always slow getting the schedule up - but we'll get there.

scuzzy

308LIBERTY

I might be spending a month or so out there this fall (Canyon Lake). I was born and raised near there. Looking forward to meeting some of my TX brethren.
"We have always looked upon men as a set of beings naturally free - that a people can never be divested of those invaluable rights and liberties which are necessary to the happiness of individuals, to the well-beings of communities or to a well regulated state, but by their own negligence, imprudence, timidity or rashness. They are seldom lost, but when foolishly forfeited or tamely resigned." ~Jonas Clarke

Two Wolves

Fredericksburg will have the April 18th/19th shoot!  Please spread the word and try to help us fill the event. Regards,  :cool2:
A moral compass provides a basis for making decisions; an action is good or bad, right or wrong when viewed in the light of the individual's moral bearing. If no moral compass exists for the individual, then decisions and actions are made on the basis of purely subjective thoughts. This leads to "If it makes me happy, or makes me feel good, or if it's something I simply want to do, then it is right and good."

jfruser

Went to an Appleseed in 2007 with a buddy.  Will attend the Waco Appleseed 18JULY with wife, son, & daughter.  Son & daughter with their Crickett rifles.  Looking forward to it.
Regards,

jfruser

"We have now sunk to a depth at which re-statement of the obvious is the first duty of intelligent men."
----George Orwell

DFW High Road Shooter's Group

scuzzy

Quote from: jfruser on June 26, 2015, 11:28:30 AM
Went to an Appleseed in 2007 with a buddy.  Will attend the Waco Appleseed 18JULY with wife, son, & daughter.  Son & daughter with their Crickett rifles.  Looking forward to it.

Looking forward to meeting you guys. I'll be one of the instructors that weekend. Also I have some CCI Standard velocity courtesy of the Federal/ATK Youth Shooting Sports program. I'll let it go for a donation which will helpfully cover my costs - which is much much cheaper than in stores. Give me a PM and I'll give you details. It's for youth under 18 so that would at least cover your son & daughter.

jla1911a1

Josh Allen

Johnson County

always reflecting on Appleseeds past while thoroughly looking forward to the next one
The latest caliber and gear are no substitute for skills learned through experience. Bullets and cartridges dont make hits... Shooters do.

Weezer

Quote from: jla1911a1 on March 01, 2016, 12:07:11 PM
Josh Allen

Johnson County

always reflecting on Appleseeds past while thoroughly looking forward to the next one

Huzzah!   Will we see you at the March event in Waco? 
"I must study politics and war that my sons may have liberty to study mathematics and philosophy." -- John Adams

"Texas Forever, Six!" --Tim Riggins

TxRebel

Daniel Ramsey

Coryell County

Last event: Waco AS Dec 17-18.

Looking forward to the next event
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"
- Edmund Burke

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both" 
-Benjamin Franklin

Richard D. Jones

God Bless Texas! Next event Waco March 18-19th.
"A Man's Pistol is used to get to his Rifle"

Mrs. Smith

Mr. and Mrs. Smith, both of us grew up in El Paso, Texas, now live in Southern New Mexico, but Texas is about 2 miles from my front door, so that counts!
"Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren't." - Margaret Thatcher

You can have peace, or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once. - Robert A. Heinlein

"A generation which ignores history has no past, and no future." - Lazarus Long

"What we do now echoes in eternity." Marcus Aurelius

Waco 1-17       Waco 1-19     El Paso 7-19       Alamogordo 5-20     Albuquerque 7-21       Houston 8-21 (SBC)    Colorado Springs  2-22 (SBC)    Midland 8-22 (KDIBC)     Albuquerque 2-23      Harvard 5-23      El Paso 12-23 (PIBC)     Phoenix 2-24    El Paso 3-24

TxRebel

We wont hold that against you Mrs. Smith
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"
- Edmund Burke

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both" 
-Benjamin Franklin